Official Hatchback pics

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
I feel like I'm forcing myself to like the hatch. Just like I feel the designers tried to force an intent of sportiness on us. The first 1/3rd of the car is great, tho I wished they ditched the foglights for what we saw on the Coupe Concept. The lines throughout the side are cohesive but things get weird towards the back. The roofline submerges into that roof spoiler, just making it look like a CUV imo. Eye sore. The 3rd brake light should've been integrated into the spoiler and not attached to it. More eye sore. The diffuser is cool, but it could've led up to simpler reflector housings then those faux vents. Idk, maybe this line of thinking will make sense for the R...
Sponsored

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
I feel like I'm forcing myself to like the hatch. Just like I feel the designers tried to force an intent of sportiness on us. The first 1/3rd of the car is great, tho I wished they ditched the foglights for what we saw on the Coupe Concept. The lines throughout the side are cohesive but things get weird towards the back. The roofline submerges into that roof spoiler, just making it look like a CUV imo. Eye sore. The 3rd brake light should've been integrated into the spoiler and not attached to it. More eye sore. The diffuser is cool, but it could've led up to simpler reflector housings then those faux vents. Idk, maybe this line of thinking will make sense for the R...
I just hope for bumper mods that put a regular bumper on the front/back to remove those plastic black grill things............omfg I still can't believe they did that...

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
I just hope for bumper mods that put a regular bumper on the front/back to remove those plastic black grill things............omfg I still can't believe they did that...
You might just have to wait for the refresh. The aftermarket is doing a lot with diffuser set ups, wide body conversions and lipkits, but straying away from redesigning bumpers. I mean, there's always Spoon, J's Racing, & Mugen but the odds of them touching the base car are slim.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You might just have to wait for the refresh. The aftermarket is doing a lot with diffuser set ups, wide body conversions and lipkits, but straying away from redesigning bumpers. I mean, there's always Spoon, J's Racing, & Mugen but the odds of them touching the base car are slim.
I agree a replacement bumper is not likely, but it would be easy to come up with some sort of plug-filler that would tone down the grills in back.

I just saw a faux exhaust mod for the sedan that makes it look like a WRX in back. Not a huge leap to something that would add some body color and a different shape to the plastic back end.

jeuda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Jazz (GD1)
Country flag
any pics of how the hatchback looks like when it is opened?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
any pics of how the hatchback looks like when it is opened?
Probably looks like any other hatch when it's opened. ;)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think the interior will pretty much be just like the other Civics. :) The only major difference will be the Sport which basically has an LX interior with leather steering wheel, leather shift knob and metal pedals. And on CVT's... paddle shifters.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
I think the interior will pretty much be just like the other Civics. :) The only major difference will be the Sport which basically has an LX interior with leather steering wheel, leather shift knob and metal pedals. And on CVT's... paddle shifters.
Sometimes the seating or door trims are slightly different for the Sport. But it could be a while before we see a Sport trim. Hopefully the Honda sites get updated after the Paris Auto show.
Sponsored