Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
All I know is, if Honda doesn't include a spare with the Sport, Si and R versions they seriously fucked up!
Sponsored

omegaZ87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GS-R
Here are the comparison exhaust pics, which make it clear why the Sport doesn't have the underfloor compartment that the non-Sport models have.

Non-Sport:

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut {filename}

Sport:
Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut {filename}

Even the heatshields fold alongside the mufflers on the non-Sport models to insulate the spare well between them. On the Sport that whole section will be raised to accommodate the center mufflers, cutting into interior space.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut image-jpe
they shoulda just had dual or quad exhaust on either side like the WRX and EVO ... it really sucks to not have that storage space for a spare tire. :/

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
All I know is, if Honda doesn't include a spare with the Sport, Si and R versions they seriously fucked up!
The Si will be sedan/coupe only and include the spare maybe, it looks like the Sport hatch and R likely might not though.

omegaZ87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GS-R
The Si will be sedan/coupe only and include the spare maybe, it looks like the Sport hatch and R likely might not though.
What I REALLY need to know now is the price and performance difference between the Si and Type R. I dont ever plan to drive on a track but I do plan to embarrass mustangs on the highway lol..

Regi_Derrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Country flag
I'm sold now - looking for a Sport Touring with PMM or lunar silver... but this is going to hurt even more for those wanting a 6MT in the US. Stupid Mendel and AHMC... this is the car you put the 6MT into the higher end version and it will sell itself. Stupid stupid inept management. A CVT for me cause of my lousy commute now but I feel for the others.
That's exactly how I feel. I'm intrigued by the Hatchback...though I admit I'm not crazy about it's styling, but I refused to choose the CVT. I like the way Mazda is carving out its lineup with the 3 though. For 2017 the base Sport 2.0 and 2.5GT sedan come with a stickshift. The hatchback allows the Sport 2.0, Touring 2.5 and Grand Touring 2.5GT to be had with the stick shift.

I can also option out the Mazda3 GT with every option (except i-Eloop) with a manual transmission.

I wish Honda would try this approach. Perhaps offering the Sport and Sport Touring with stick shifts and leaving the LX, EX and EX-L models with automatics.

That way you cover more of spectrums of buyers...not everyone who wants a stick shift wants a loaded model and not everyone who wants a stick shift wants a base model either. You satisfy both groups by offering stick shifts for both ends of the spectrum. The Sport is basic enough for those who don't want all the frills of push button start, sunroofs, leather, navigation, etc. And the Sport Touring is nice enough for those who want a upscale compact hatch with all the equipment and a stick.

I also find it strange that Honda is bucking the hatchback trend. Usually the hatchback model is the "eccentric" trim for automakers...its usually viewed as more expensive, more premium, sportier, etc. Honda is putting a 6MT in the 1.5T EX coupe and sedan...but not the EX 1.5t hatch.

It would seem they'd be offering more manual options in the hatch, since those buyers tend to be enthusiast buyers who prefer stick shifts.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
That's exactly how I feel. I'm intrigued by the Hatchback...though I admit I'm not crazy about it's styling, but I refused to choose the CVT. I like the way Mazda is carving out its lineup with the 3 though. For 2017 the base Sport 2.0 and 2.5GT sedan come with a stickshift. The hatchback allows the Sport 2.0, Touring 2.5 and Grand Touring 2.5GT to be had with the stick shift.

I can also option out the Mazda3 GT with every option (except i-Eloop) with a manual transmission.

I wish Honda would try this approach. Perhaps offering the Sport and Sport Touring with stick shifts and leaving the LX, EX and EX-L models with automatics.

That way you cover more of spectrums of buyers...not everyone who wants a stick shift wants a loaded model and not everyone who wants a stick shift wants a base model either. You satisfy both groups by offering stick shifts for both ends of the spectrum. The Sport is basic enough for those who don't want all the frills of push button start, sunroofs, leather, navigation, etc. And the Sport Touring is nice enough for those who want a upscale compact hatch with all the equipment and a stick.

I also find it strange that Honda is bucking the hatchback trend. Usually the hatchback model is the "eccentric" trim for automakers...its usually viewed as more expensive, more premium, sportier, etc. Honda is putting a 6MT in the 1.5T EX coupe and sedan...but not the EX 1.5t hatch.

It would seem they'd be offering more manual options in the hatch, since those buyers tend to be enthusiast buyers who prefer stick shifts.
I'll tell you why I think Honda didn't put a stick in the sport touring - they're trying to leave the "premium sporty hatch" clear for an Si.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What I REALLY need to know now is the price and performance difference between the Si and Type R. I dont ever plan to drive on a track but I do plan to embarrass mustangs on the highway lol..
You probably won't be embarrassing even a V6 mustang with either of those.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I used to feel this way - then I went 25+ years and nearly a million total miles across a dozen cars without a single flat tire. I'll just call AAA if my car doesn't have a spare and move on.

But that's just me.

Regi_Derrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Country flag
I'll tell you why I think Honda didn't put a stick in the sport touring - they're trying to leave the "premium sporty hatch" clear for an Si.
That might be believable if Honda Canada wasn't already offering a Civic Sport Touring 6MT. I frankly don't have any faith that an SI hatchback is coming.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
Found another factory video, this one 15 min long, and available in up to 3200x1600 resolution! I don't care what your opinion about this car is, it's a pretty cool video to watch of a car being made. It's broken down into a few parts: welding, painting, assembly, VQ (I'm guessing quality control?)

At 11:17 shows a closeup of the front bumper being installed, 11:45 shows EX/EX-L wheels, 13:18 a EX/EX-L with lights on

Last edited:

omegaZ87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GS-R
You probably won't be embarrassing even a V6 mustang with either of those.
the difference in 0-60 times between the European type r and current v6 mustang is .3 seconds ... you don't think a simple tune can bridge that gap? Especially considering the liklihood of a faster 0-60 on the new global Type R

Last edited:

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That might be believable if Honda Canada wasn't already offering a Civic Sport Touring 6MT. I frankly don't have any faith that an SI hatchback is coming.
I see your point and its valid - but there's a chance that the potential overlap is less of a concern in Canada.

Reality is - everyone who is saying there will be no hatch are probably right - I just wish there were some solid info to that effect, as we haven't heard anything.
Sponsored