Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
the difference in 0-60 times between the European type r and current v6 mustang is .3 seconds ... you don't think a simple tune can bridge that gap? Especially considering the liklihood of a faster 0-60 on the new global Type R
You're going to spend a lot more money and need to know how to get the most out of the car to compete with a mustang with a CTR in the real world, but as long as you drive safely - go for it!

I would never buy a Mustang, but that is because bottom line performance isn't the most important thing to me. If you just want to go fast, start with a Mustang and then put the extra money into a few mods and a CTR won't touch you. ;)
Sponsored

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
I used to feel this way - then I went 25+ years and nearly a million total miles across a dozen cars without a single flat tire. I'll just call AAA if my car doesn't have a spare and move on.

But that's just me.
That's the saddest thing I've ever read...call AAA? for a flat? really? Wow! I laugh my ass off every time I drive by a BMW with runflats sitting on the side of the road...Make sure those that agree with you know what it feels like when your driving at 3am down to Florida on US 95 and you're in the middle of nowhere with your thumb up your ass waiting for the AAA guy...lol

If you want to think that way, why have ins? I haven't wrecked in 20 years, f me I've been wasting my money all these years.....

notavr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
the introduction training for the hatch went live for honda employees today. should be getting close

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I'll tell you why I think Honda didn't put a stick in the sport touring - they're trying to leave the "premium sporty hatch" clear for an Si.
You're looking at the Si - the sedan and coupe Si in my prediction now will have exactly the same setup as the Sport hatch 6MT in terms of power and the central exhaust. Mark my words - Honda's already shows us what the Si will come with engine-wise, and anyone expecting more power is going to be sorely disappointed!

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're looking at the Si - the sedan and coupe Si in my prediction now will have exactly the same setup as the Sport hatch 6MT in terms of power and the central exhaust. Mark my words - Honda's already shows us what the Si will come with engine-wise, and anyone expecting more power is going to be sorely disappointed!
You're saying that the Si will only have 180 HP?

Whatever the displacement, I feel fairly confident the Si will have 220-ish HP.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's the saddest thing I've ever read...call AAA? for a flat? really? Wow! I laugh my ass off every time I drive by a BMW with runflats sitting on the side of the road...Make sure those that agree with you know what it feels like when your driving at 3am down to Florida on US 95 and you're in the middle of nowhere with your thumb up your ass waiting for the AAA guy...lol

If you want to think that way, why have ins? I haven't wrecked in 20 years, f me I've been wasting my money all these years.....
Ironically enough, I haven't been driving anywhere at 3 am for 25+ years either - and fortunately never in Florida.

I have, can and will change tires when necessary. I just won't let the lack of one make my car purchase decisions.

If I didn't have to worry about being sued by someone in the event that they run into me, I wouldn't buy car insurance either if I could avoid it.

sanderholland

My Driveway....
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Civic Type-R (EP3, FN2, FK2)
I realize I'm probably in the minority. Still wondering if it would be possible (and perhaps at a discount, although I doubt it).
I've worked for Honda for about 10 years, and I would easily swap them for 17 inch for you, even with a little discount. It would make a showroom model easier to sell with 18 inch for me. But I think showroom models en stock is totally different here in Holland.....