Leaked: Honda Civic Hatchback Prototype Concept official pics!

jrlnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC Gremlin
... I want another hatch, they are soooo convenient!

I've always loved the CT 200h Lexus, but I don't think it would be as fun as this ride, it's basically a Prius with a pretty face.
You nailed it. This is the perfect car for me. A hatch is the best compromise if you can't have a truck, SUV or bigger vehicle.
I have a Prius now, and really like the hatch and the gas mileage, but it is an UGLY, SLOW and WEIRD little car. I want a real car!
I love that exhaust too! And the thought of the turbo power.... Can't wait!

BTW... I've owned 2 Fits (excellent car) and also 1 of my previous Civics was a hatch ('85 1500S) my all time favorite car.

CE1_nobling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 6sp , 1997 Honda Accord EX Wagon , 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CrewCab 6.0
Country flag
Damn...that's a fine looking hatch ! :thumbsup:

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The side profile view looks good, but the rear still concerns me. Perhaps I will grow to find the rear more appealing.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You know, I dont understand Honda. They show us great Civic concepts annddddd they wimp out, play it safe when the final product hits. Its like come onnnn its right infront of us. If anything they should make the concept boring looking and make the final product exciting. Its like the saying. Never over promise and under deliver.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
The rear looks WAY too busy IMO.

Clipboard01.jpg
Damn. Those fake black plastic air vents just keep bigger and bigger with every new model. What's up with that??

Overall, it's pretty stunning I must say though.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
Wish it were a little smaller and shorter, but not bad. Modern pedestrian safety rules really kill the hoodlines of front-engined cars these days.
That's the downside of the new Civics of being world cars. They must meet those ridiculous EU hoodline height rules. It's funny how my RSXs actually looks better today than it did when it came out, due to all the new bricks-on-wheels car designs on the road today. My RSX looks sharper, meaner and faster than ever. Thanks big nanny state government! And I'm sure your attempt to make car-pedestrian accidents 'safer' had little to no effect. Always seemed to me that getting hit with a taller front end would be more deadly.

In case anyone is wondering what we're talking about..
http://www.autonews.com/article/20120423/OEM03/304239967/european-safety-styled-cars-due-in-u.s.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
I love hatchbacks (currently have Mazda 3), but I'm not crazy about this design. Way too busy with the plastic in both the front and back, and the sloped rear roofline means internal space will be limited, meaning you can't fit anything floor to ceiling high in about the rear 40% of the available cargo space. The foglights look ridiculous.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
If this is the prototype being shown next week at the auto show when will we see it at dealers?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
If this is the prototype being shown next week at the auto show when will we see it at dealers?
Best guess is between September and January.

mvance30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 si
im digging it. a little busy though but still like it.

will there be an SI hatch?

Nicktyelor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Accord EX
You know, I dont understand Honda. They show us great Civic concepts annddddd they wimp out, play it safe when the final product hits. Its like come onnnn its right infront of us. If anything they should make the concept boring looking and make the final product exciting. Its like the saying. Never over promise and under deliver.
I don't really understand your complaint. Honda is the one company that makes concepts that are extremely close to production. They essentially just put big wheels and new bumpers on their production cars and call them concepts. For example, the Civic concept from April was almost identical to the production coupe minus the wacky bumper intakes and exhausts. And comparing these concept images to the spy shots from yesterday, I think one should be able to see just how close Honda is to its promise.

No other company does this. It's a very polarizing way to treat concepts compared to the extreme stuff Toyota, BMW, and Subarau usually put out, then water down heavily. So to call Honda out for wimping out between concept and production is really unfounded.

Also, please show me concept car that is more boring than the production variant. That simply isn't how the process works (or should work). The concept is the crazy design idea that hint at a direction for the production car. Not vice-versa.
Sponsored