Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut

zman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some with 4 wheels, some with 5
Honda has released official photos of the 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback that will be making its world debut at the Paris Auto Show next month.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut 2017-honda-civic-x-hatchback-unveiled-before-paris-motor-show-debut_8

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 8.46.23 AM

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 8.46.39 AM

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 8.46.47 AM

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 8.46.58 AM

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut 2017-honda-civic-x-hatchback-unveiled-before-paris-motor-show-debut_10

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut 2017-honda-civic-x-hatchback-unveiled-before-paris-motor-show-debut_13

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut 2017-honda-civic-x-hatchback-unveiled-before-paris-motor-show-debut_1

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut 2017-honda-civic-x-hatchback-unveiled-before-paris-motor-show-debut_2

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut 2017-honda-civic-x-hatchback-unveiled-before-paris-motor-show-debut_7

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut 2017-honda-civic-x-hatchback-unveiled-before-paris-motor-show-debut_5

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I hope (but doubt) the pics show the model we get because I saw a few important, awesome things-
6 speed manual
sunroof
heated seats
Lane Keep Assist
an Econ button. (surprised!)
A button for the response of the suspension? I think that button by the ECON is a picture of a shock...
Auto engine start stop (don't care)
Brake hold (not surprised)
electronic park brake. (not surprised)

Last edited by a moderator:

WallyBR

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 MSM Civic Touring Sedan, 2012 Odyssey
Country flag
Interesting pics. Trying to figure out which model this is...

Notes:
  • Blacked-out version of the Touring wheels
  • Red highlights in instrument cluster instead of blue
  • Carbon fiber-ish(?) trim pieces
  • LED headlights
  • No Touring or Sport Touring badges on rear, but it does have the dual center exhaust from either Sport or ST model
  • Rear seat definitely does NOT lay down flat - it's tilting up
  • Appears to have cloth seats
My guess is that this is a Sport 6MT model. Looks good!

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX and 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Country flag
Does it seem to anyone else like the sunroof on this one is a larger panoramic one and bigger than the photos of the American white one that were posted earlier?

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have sensing, but man it would drive me nuts if I got it on the Hatch. Why wouldn't they make the front right match the front left in those plastic grill pieces... My OCD would be so irritated looking at the front.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut 2017-honda-civic-x-hatchback-unveiled-before-paris-motor-show-debut_8-

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting pics. Trying to figure out which model this is...

Notes:
  • Blacked-out version of the Touring wheels
  • Red highlights in instrument cluster instead of blue
  • Carbon fiber-ish(?) trim pieces
  • LED headlights
  • No Touring or Sport Touring badges on rear, but it does have the dual center exhaust from either Sport or ST model
  • Rear seat definitely does NOT lay down flat - it's tilting up
  • Appears to have cloth seats
My guess is that this is a Sport 6MT model. Looks good!
Isn't the Sport the low end model though? We've seen leaked photos of the hatch without the center exit exhaust.

WallyBR

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 MSM Civic Touring Sedan, 2012 Odyssey
Country flag
There's another article online, discussed in another thread, that features a writeup about a ride-along that the magazine took with Honda engineers. That's the article with the photo of the panoramic moonroof. In that article, the author describes the 1.0T 3-cylinder engine in the car. So that's obviously not a model intended for the US, since we don't get that engine. I think the conflicting info from these photos (cloth seats, 6MT, Touring-ish wheels, center exhaust) all point to a model we're seeing that's not a USA offering.

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, FC1, Accord CU1
Country flag
That's the EU version and it's the sport trim

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have sensing, but man it would drive me nuts if I got it on the Hatch. Why wouldn't they make the front right match the front left in those plastic grill pieces... My OCD would be so irritated looking at the front.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut 2017-honda-civic-x-hatchback-unveiled-before-paris-motor-show-debut_8-
Volvo's have a similar lack of symmetry but it's up in the grille by the center emblem.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
It has clear side markers so that is not the US version.
Did you read the article at all?

First of all, it should be noted that the hatchback body style will be built by Honda in the United Kingdom after a £200 million ($2.65m) investment in the Swindon manufacturing facility. The British-built hatchback will also be imported into the United States. As for the European version of the sedan, this body style will be assembled in Turkey. It won’t be sold in the UK.

In the looks department, the front fascia is extremely similar to that of the North America-spec sedan. The only notable difference is in the fine details, such as the black-painted trim instead of the gaudy chrome of the sedan. Slated to go on sale in early 2017, the tenth-generation Honda Civic hatchback’s side profile and rear end visual cues make it look very sporty.

Read more: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...is-motor-show-debut-111273.html#ixzz4KQNs7k92

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It has clear side markers so that is not the US version.
Very very good chance I'll be in UK in March. Better believe I'm willing to pick up some clear markers and any other switchgear I can bring back!

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yes, this is the Euro model. It has clear side markers, headlamp washers, blacked out Touring sedan wheels which won't come on USDM or Canadian models, rear fog lamps positioned under the reverse lamp and the interior shots had a bunch of shit we'll never see here such as Auto Start stop, adaptive suspension, gloss black insert on the bottom spoke of the steering wheel, cloth interior with wireless charger and premium audio. Bunch of combos that give it away.

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Did you read the article at all?

First of all, it should be noted that the hatchback body style will be built by Honda in the United Kingdom after a £200 million ($2.65m) investment in the Swindon manufacturing facility. The British-built hatchback will also be imported into the United States. As for the European version of the sedan, this body style will be assembled in Turkey. It won’t be sold in the UK.

In the looks department, the front fascia is extremely similar to that of the North America-spec sedan. The only notable difference is in the fine details, such as the black-painted trim instead of the gaudy chrome of the sedan. Slated to go on sale in early 2017, the tenth-generation Honda Civic hatchback’s side profile and rear end visual cues make it look very sporty.

Read more: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...is-motor-show-debut-111273.html#ixzz4KQNs7k92
So it's not the same version and the one that will come to the US.
Sponsored