Leaked: Honda Civic Hatchback Prototype Concept official pics!

JustChexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Chevy Malibu
man that rear is HIDEOUS
I have a feeling the rear will be much toned down for production, so I wouldn't worry too much. I know many do like the dual exhaust, but it is a little "boy racer" for me - I'm hoping the exhausts are hidden on the standard variant and retained for those who like that sort of thing on the SI.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You dont have to understand. Its my opinion and yes I understand how system works. Polarizing, unfounded, essentially??? ahhh you are making my head hurt. :p hahaha

I don't really understand your complaint. Honda is the one company that makes concepts that are extremely close to production. They essentially just put big wheels and new bumpers on their production cars and call them concepts. For example, the Civic concept from April was almost identical to the production coupe minus the wacky bumper intakes and exhausts. And comparing these concept images to the spy shots from yesterday, I think one should be able to see just how close Honda is to its promise.

No other company does this. It's a very polarizing way to treat concepts compared to the extreme stuff Toyota, BMW, and Subarau usually put out, then water down heavily. So to call Honda out for wimping out between concept and production is really unfounded.

Also, please show me concept car that is more boring than the production variant. That simply isn't how the process works (or should work). The concept is the crazy design idea that hint at a direction for the production car. Not vice-versa.

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
If you compare it with the camo'd production car spy shots posted today, it looks remarkably similar down to the details. Skirts, front and back bumpers, and the spoilers are all there. The fog lamps are no longer rings, but you can see the 'intake' sculpting around it to be very close to the concept pictures here. The rear diffuser-like lines are also very similar. It's possible that the spy shot car is an Si version, but I'm crossing my fingers it's not. This just looks so damn good.
I don't think they're doing an Si hatch. On the Honda website, when I was signing up for email updates (which haven't even happened yet) it asked if I wanted to receive updates for the normal hatch, Si coupe, Sedan, or type R hatch/sedan/coupe.

Streetkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura integra
Country flag
Howdoes the hatch fit in the lineup?

I mean, will it have more storage than the sedan and be similarly priced. I'm considering thesedan as aneconomical decently sized car for a new family.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I don't think they're doing an Si hatch. On the Honda website, when I was signing up for email updates (which haven't even happened yet) it asked if I wanted to receive updates for the normal hatch, Si coupe, Sedan, or type R hatch/sedan/coupe.
I noticed that also, although I do hope we get an Si-powered Hatch. Seems like such a disconnected lineup if the 'base' hatch is 170hp and $20k but the next model up is 300hp and 33k.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Welp, I'm glad I won't ever have to look at the rear end of that thing, Type-R badge or no.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Does anyone know when Honda will take the stage? I believe Geneva begins Thursday.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does anyone know when Honda will take the stage? I believe Geneva begins Thursday.
I believe they will be dropping knowledge tomorrow!

freakyboyz007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
anyone knows when this is releasing in US? sorry didn't look thru whole thread if this already answered. man i just bought a sedan wish i should have waited for this should have more cargo space.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
anyone knows when this is releasing in US? sorry didn't look thru whole thread if this already answered. man i just bought a sedan wish i should have waited for this should have more cargo space.
I'm afraid we are all asking the same question!

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
I think it is supposed to be released this Fall. They need the extra time for the optional 245 hp 2 liter turbo and close-ratio six speed transmission. All for under 25k. You will also be able to select the front and rear body kit as an optional upgrade. And the 18" or 19" wheelset of your choice. If you purchase it all together in the showroom, they are all covered under the factory warranty.

Just kidding...
Sponsored