17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Why would it exclude sport models?
Good question. I wonder if the sport doesn't have the cover over the area so it just sits open...?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Watch hatch owners have to deal with a tire inflator kit lmao. Or worse! RUN FLAT TIRES jkjk

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Why would it exclude sport models?
Center exhaust on the Sport might occupy that space. So I'm going to guess at least the Sport won't come with a compact spare tire/donut. Other US bound hatches might include it though given there's space for it.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Center exhaust on the Sport might occupy that space. So I'm going to guess at least the Sport won't come with a compact spare tire/donut. Other US bound hatches might include it though given there's space for it.
I thought that too, but the exhausts are very very similar. The mufflers occupy the same space under the car, pretty much just the outlet of the muffler is different. On the non-sport, the exhaust tips are at the outboard end of mufflers and turn down just under the lip of the bumper. On the Sport, the exhaust must go in the muffler, u-turn at the outboard end, and turn back to the center of the car where it exits out to the finisher. I hope someone can provide a pic... I think there is a pic of the sport vs non-sport exhaust in the thread that shows parts and part diagrams...etc.

AdamWeishaupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic EX, 2016 Civic Toruing
Sounds like the Hatch Sport Touring will have 18" wheels. Dumb question -- would it be possible to get the Sport Touring with 17" wheels instead? I really want the center exhaust and blacked out chrome, but would prefer smaller tiles for the MPG and lower maintenance costs.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Sounds like the Hatch Sport Touring will have 18" wheels. Dumb question -- would it be possible to get the Sport Touring with 17" wheels instead? I really want the center exhaust and blacked out chrome, but would prefer smaller tiles for the MPG and lower maintenance costs.
I'm 100% sure that other owners/members here would be happy to take the 18" wheels and swap their new wheels for yours.

AdamWeishaupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic EX, 2016 Civic Toruing
I'm 100% sure that other owners/members here would be happy to take the 18" wheels and swap their new wheels for yours.
I realize I'm probably in the minority. Still wondering if it would be possible (and perhaps at a discount, although I doubt it).

omegaZ87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GS-R
This car is beautiful aside from the fake vents ... I was looking for the perfect replacement for my old integra GSR and this seems to fit the bill since they both have 180hp ... will most likely wait for the Si and Type R to arrive before I make my final decision though..

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
I realize I'm probably in the minority. Still wondering if it would be possible (and perhaps at a discount, although I doubt it).
No, if anything they'll offer you 17" for an additional charge and you can take the 18's home with you.

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Here are the comparison exhaust pics, which make it clear why the Sport doesn't have the underfloor compartment that the non-Sport models have.

Non-Sport:

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut {filename}

Sport:
Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut {filename}

Even the heatshields fold alongside the mufflers on the non-Sport models to insulate the spare well between them. On the Sport that whole section will be raised to accommodate the center mufflers, cutting into interior space.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Honda Civic Hatchback press release pics for Paris show debut image-jpe
Sponsored