What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
Speaking of OEM wheels i think i am going to get a set of winter tires for mine. Anyone know what size to get?
I've been thinking of putting winter tires on my OEM SI 18s and then getting new all-seasons with a lighter wheel in the spring. I think I can go narrower (225 vs 235) on the OEM wheels.
Sponsored

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Speaking of OEM wheels i think i am going to get a set of winter tires for mine. Anyone know what size to get?
I ended up going with 7” wide steelies for winter rubber, if you want to save your OEM wheels for better rubber, unless your OEM wheels are the steelies.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say for Non-Si's, 17x7 or 17x7.5 with a 215/50 would be a solid winter setup.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess I never really looked at the post-refresh hatch wheels. I thought they might be the RTX Valkyrie but now I see the differences. Do you know what those OEMs weigh?
They started putting those on the 2019 sport and Touring hatchbacks. They're the same as the Si wheels except those were matte black. I swapped mine for the Si wheels right away. I hated the silver face.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New battery is in, definitely some good weight lifting there😅 it's always that awkward position when trying to lift the battery out of the bay, I guess I'm just too immature 😅😅

Anyway, it's in, took the chance to wipe around the battery box, nothing serious though.

After putting everything back together, I went on a drive, the first start reminded me "that's how it sounded like the first day when I pick it up from the dealer", super smooth.
Of course all the Christmas lights come out, they go away as soon as I start again nothing to worry about. Though this also means the Amon tool I used isn't quite working 🤔 either I didn't do it properly or it's not mean for this degree of demand... I don't know, as long as the car is fine now✌

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1000055142
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20231117_044635067
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20231117_044915290
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20231117_044930682
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20231117_045952518
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20231117_050034178
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20231117_050950883
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20231117_051023133
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20231117_061623280

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
New battery is in, definitely some good weight lifting there😅 it's always that awkward position when trying to lift the battery out of the bay, I guess I'm just too immature 😅😅

Anyway, it's in, took the chance to wipe around the battery box, nothing serious though.

After putting everything back together, I went on a drive, the first start reminded me "that's how it sounded like the first day when I pick it up from the dealer", super smooth.
Of course all the Christmas lights come out, they go away as soon as I start again nothing to worry about. Though this also means the Amon tool I used isn't quite working 🤔 either I didn't do it properly or it's not mean for this degree of demand... I don't know, as long as the car is fine now✌

1000055142.jpg
PXL_20231117_044635067.jpg
PXL_20231117_044915290.jpg
PXL_20231117_044930682.jpg
PXL_20231117_045952518.jpg
PXL_20231117_050034178.jpg
PXL_20231117_050950883.jpg
PXL_20231117_051023133.jpg
PXL_20231117_061623280.jpg
the OEM battery is such a friggen PITA to get out lol. Yours also looks the same as mine where there is clearly a place on top for a nice handle to be, but alas, no handle is there.

Coincidence? I think maybe!

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the OEM battery is such a friggen PITA to get out lol. Yours also looks the same as mine where there is clearly a place on top for a nice handle to be, but alas, no handle is there.

Coincidence? I think maybe!
Now you mentioned, it does look like a foldable handle can be there, haha either the guys in Swindon or Turkey broke that maybe lol

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It wasn't today, but last week, I took my car to SwirlX in Warner Robins to have my roof re-wrapped because there were some air bubbles forming along the drip lines. SwirlX didn't wrap it originally, and the company that did is out of business, but the original wrap wasn't tucked properly into the windshield gap, letting the air in. I also had the small piece in front of the hood replaced because it took a rock hit over the past 3 years. The wrap job SwirlX did was super clean!

My car is ceramic coated, but the owner noticed some minor 'flaws' and asked if I would like him to do a correction and redo the ceramic. I was a bit skeptical that he could get it looking better but the notion intrigued me. HE WASN'T KIDDING!!!

Not only did they get the paint looking like glass, but they even polished out small scuffs in the hood and door handle vinyl! I had no idea that could be done! If you have a wrap, even ceramic coated wrap, apparently a light cut #1 polish can be used to buff it. He did it in front of me so I know it works.

I waited till today to post because it was the first wash I did since I got it back. I got to see everything up close and it really looks great. It was too late to get picks but my car still just looks like it does in my showcase.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Gave my car a much needed bath and took a pic of the new door protectors. Unlike my real CF B&C pillars, shark fin antenna and side mirrors, the protectors are just a carbon pattern but ... it's one of the best $10 mods I've done. Probably the only $10 mod I've done. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20231122_111033665_HDR-01

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I teleported to Mexico(ignore my profile location, I'm a magician) and went head to head with a Nissan, think it was a maxima? Guess he saw me passing before a turn and wanted to play cause he sped up on me real quick, even chased me. Went for a while eventually passing me slowly then proceeds to put on his HAZARDS, so I couldn't accept that. Lined up, got the jump + lead, gained on me and led after but ever so slowly. Hit me with a thumbs up before he made his turn and I gave one back afterwards. Probably the most fun I had with my baby. Was in S mode + paddleshifters and let the "gears" shift itself instead of regular s mode. Ktuner + AEM intake really shows me how much fun this car can be and can't wait to get the rv6 downpipe coming in Friday(Black Fridays deal). Hoping it adds a little more besides the engine sound, although I know its minimal gains.

Last edited:

JD415

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
IMG_4735.jpeg

Installed my American Modified J’s Racing Style Grill. Fitment is great! Planning to grab the Sequential Lip from Ultimate Motorsports to compliment the front end more.
Did you have to remove anything within the bumper to install the grill?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The bumper itself needs to be removed to install a new grille.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I teleported to Mexico(ignore my profile location, I'm a magician) and went head to head with a Nissan, think it was a maxima? Guess he saw me passing before a turn and wanted to play cause he sped up on me real quick, even chased me. Went for a while eventually passing me slowly then proceeds to put on his HAZARDS, so I couldn't accept that. Lined up, got the jump + lead, gained on me and led after but ever so slowly. Hit me with a thumbs up before he made his turn and I gave one back afterwards. Probably the most fun I had with my baby. Was in S mode and let the "gears" shift itself instead of regular s mode. Ktuner + AEM intake really shows me how much fun this car can be and can't wait to get the rv6 downpipe coming in Friday(Black Fridays deal). Hoping it adds a little more besides the engine sound, although I know its minimal gains.
I beat up on a Maxima the other day too. Funny how they want to gun it from way behind to build up speed to pass you hoping you won't notice and won't be able to hold them off. I guess he felt he couldn't get me from the light because we were at a red light together.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I beat up on a Maxima the other day too. Funny how they want to gun it from way behind to build up speed to pass you hoping you won't notice and won't be able to hold them off. I guess he felt he couldn't get me from the light because we were at a red light together.
I don't know about anyone else but it's the Accord drivers around here who think they have super fast cars. And man oh man, they seriously hate when tuned 10th gen Civics blow their doors off.
Sponsored