euicho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What does that do?
Keeps oil mist out of your intercooler and off your valves. Excess pressure in the crankcase is vented back into the air intake in modern engines. This caries a fine mist of oil with it that can gum up your engine (if it's direct injection). The catch can filters the oil out and either stores it or returns it to the crankcase.

Edit: I've been eyeing this Provent because it has pressure relief and a return line.

Last edited:

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keeps oil mist out of your intercooler and off your valves. Excess pressure in the crankcase is vented back into the air intake in modern engines. This caries a fine mist of oil with it that can gum up your engine (if it's direct injection). The catch can filters the oil out and either stores it or returns it to the crankcase.

Edit: I've been eyeing this Provent because it has pressure relief and a return line.
I appreciate the explanation, i've seen people talking about these before and never knew there purpose.

euicho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I appreciate the explanation, i've seen people talking about these before and never knew there purpose.
Thanks! From what I understand the only reason manufacturers don't put them on is that it's another maintenance task that your average consumer doesn't want to deal with.

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thought I'd share three close call's I've had in a month. I thought Tennessee drivers were pretty bad till I came to Virginia! I'm thankful each time this happens that I have a dash cam as my witness because there might be a day when it's not a close call and I'll have proof of the entire situation!

Civiccoupe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe EX T HS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally Ktuned my 1.5t coupe with the stage 2 custom..........all I can say is wow. No more stock ECU setting for a long while. Maybe back to stock before winter.
Thanks to a member from 10th gen Ontario civic Facebook group. I bought the V1 amazing deal.

Also added a nice trim to all my rims.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today?! 20170815_204942
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.