What mods do you have done to your civic?

dbagged86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have a 2016 EX-T sedan. I have the PRL turbo inlet pipe with short ram intake piping with the race MAF, prl 3 inch catted street downpipe, prl 3 inch front pipe, agency 3 inch cat back exhaust, injen intercooler with injen intercooler charge pipes, custom tune with hondata race flashpro and I have to mix 4 gallons of e85 to 8 gallons of 91 octane (brings the octane rating up to 94 octane and e35 ethanol). I also installed a cusco front strut tower bar and I have ebc slotted brake rotors and ebc yellowstuff brake pads.

Last edited:

Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Ktuner with TSP stage 1. Best mod ive done to my car hands down

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Fully bolted with a RV6 turbo and PPG 1-5 trans tuned on e30 by drob super fun daily but be careful going down the rabbit hole haha!
You still running stock internals with that RV6 turbo?

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have my d2 springs, im putting them on soon. cant wait

side profiel.png
Which side window deflectors do you have? Love the look, I want something similar, but I don't know if we have the same options for sedan si's.

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yep stock internals no major issues yet *knock on wood*
And on E30. How long have you been running the rv6 turbo? I'm interested in getting one sometime but I also don't want to explode my engine. I only have 93 around here, no ethanol, so no big time power.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
And on E30. How long have you been running the rv6 turbo? I'm interested in getting one sometime but I also don't want to explode my engine. I only have 93 around here, no ethanol, so no big time power.
With the RV6 or W2 turbos the high part of the torque curve is shifted well above 4000rpm and not really as much of an issue compared to "mid" sized turbos that peak around 3600 or the stock turbo peaking around 2500-2600 with flex. Physics and all that jazz

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I’m tuned on e30 probably have had the turbo 15kish? With one track day and multiple roll races and some brake boosting from time to time :hide:

not really looking for anymore power until I build the block or do a k20 swap

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah I’m tuned on e30 probably have had the turbo 15kish? With one track day and multiple roll races and some brake boosting from time to time :hide:

not really looking for anymore power until I build the block or do a k20 swap
Any dyno numbers or a guesstimate on the sort of power you're putting down? Once I pay down my wheels/tires and replacement clutch I'm looking at getting the RV6 turbo with the TSP 365 tune, while sticking stock internals. Be nice to know if I'm approaching 300 (safely) at that point!

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I am excited to see how my GC turbo compares with the RV6 when using flex, trying to go back down and have drob do the flex tune by the end of April. The 93 curves and numbers are pretty close considering the size difference.

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I am excited to see how my GC turbo compares with the RV6 when using flex, trying to go back down and have drob do the flex tune by the end of April. The 93 curves and numbers are pretty close considering the size difference.
Sheesh I didn't know there were so many turbo options out there. Do you have the GC now? Any reason you went with one over the other? Sorry for the hassling questions, I'm just really interested in exploring this as a future upgrade path for my Si.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I heard Vargas was going to make their first turbo for a civic so I really liked the idea of using it, plus its even more fun comparing its performance to the others. Im still using it, I think I might actually be the only person to own/use/test one other than the second unit Vargas said they had in house. You can check out my dyno runs on pump 93 in the link in my signature.

The Vargas is similar to a W1 though, it isn't quite as big as RV6 or W2 and it spools earlier than them. No matter which one you choose you will still max out the fuel system not really the turbo. The dyno curves from my tune are suuuuper smooth, if the curves carry that still on the flex tune id call it perfect, for me anyway. Before Vargas announced they were going to be making a turbo I had already decided on the W1 anyway.
Sponsored