The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It's .kdlg format, right (not a Tunerview log)?
Sponsored

IonEX-T

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-t
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Ext CVT

Tuned time: 10 months

Tuned Mileage: 9800km/6092miles

Tuning Device: RaceChip GTS, Ktuner V2

Tunes Used: Ktuner basemaps with adjustments, Phearable 1.5, Custom Tune by DRob

Fuel Used: 91 octane/95 octane

Additional Mods: Si turbo, Agency intercooler, 27Won W1 turbo, PRL catted downpipe, K&N intake

Driving Style: Spirited

Problems/Issues : Blown exhaust wheel on W1 turbo, looking to get repaired but will cost a fortune to get there and back. Also having a weird issue recently with the transmission where ill shift to S mode for a pull and shift back to D after but it doesn't shift right away, it will hang in the higher rpms for a second or two.
K&N intake maf scaling running lean, custom tune will resolve. After W1 install I am almost positive I am leaking oil or coolant from the feed lines. Not a huge leak but there is a noticeable smell when I open the hood after a pull.
Recently started hearing grinding like noise when I shift from R to D, could bring it to dealer but I know damaged cvt means replaced cvt and probably would not be covered under warranty. A more minor issue is after my intercooler instal my stft would be lean sometimes, nothing crazy high it’s just I never used to see lean fuel trims, my ltft is still always negative still.

Tuning Experience Notes: Got to experience a fully tuned W1 by DRob for one day before it went me. I will definitely miss the warp speed like top-end power it has. I put back on an Si turbo and I can't say I'm to butthurt to be running phearable 1.5 as its a great tune. Forgot how zippy and fun stock turbo is!
Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) image0
Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) image1
Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) image3

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Attachments

JVel

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT Sedan
Country flag
A lil bit confused on what fuel to run if I get the TSP stage 1 K tuner.

I have a 16’ sedan EX-T (non si). It’s my daily and I don’t plan on going race car crazy just some spirited fun.

I’m going to treat myself this Christmas to some bronze ampliforms and a k tuner.

drckaglr

First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Civic Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 3 months

Tuned miles driven: 15,000Kms

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata

Tunes used: Hondata +9 basemap, currently on 27Won W1 turbo basemap since September 17, 2021

Fuel used: Petro Canada 94 Octane (exclusively)

Additional related mods: 27won W1 Turbo, Catted downpipe, inlet pipe, exhaust, intercooler,

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Aggressive

Tuning experience notes: Driving experience was night and day compared to the stock tune! On the +9 base map with just an intake and intercooler upgrade, the car felt like that's how it should've come from the factory, instant feeling of regret that I should've tune the car way sooner.

On the 27Won turbo base map: Finally after the car was FBO, the driving experience was way more enjoyable. Tame when you want to, but it unleashes it's full potential when you step on it. The clutch slip became worse but I already have a replacement for it. I will get it dyno tuned after the clutch swap and will update this later on.

Fuel consumption wise I think it only went up by a little bit. I can still manage to get over 600Kms in a single tank even if I drive agressively. I won't regret any bit of it even if it worsens, literally smiles for miles!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A lil bit confused on what fuel to run if I get the TSP stage 1 K tuner.

I have a 16’ sedan EX-T (non si). It’s my daily and I don’t plan on going race car crazy just some spirited fun.

I’m going to treat myself this Christmas to some bronze ampliforms and a k tuner.
91 to 93 will be fine. 93 obviously being better.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
IonEX-T... when's the last time you changed CVT fluid? It makes a difference.

drckaglr, thanks for adding your car. Excellent write up.

civicren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sport touring cvt 2017
Country flag
Went to my first ever track for some open laps on stock wheels and tires.
Instead of TSP1 I use daily,
I used Hondata's 93 Oct tune and I fueled with Petro Canada 94 (contains up to 10% ethanol)
The car would give misfire when I fueled 91 but it runs perfectly fine with 94 (duh)

Time wasn't good. But I still has a blast.
Ran a total of 20+laps and a total of 3 to 4 sessions of 20mins each.
Highest temp: (hondata)
ECT 221
ECT2 196
IAT 120
IAT2 140
Highest MAP: 18 psi
After leaving the last session I pulled to the side and some white smoke came out, because I didn't do the cool down laps.
Got scared to shit and drove in the parking lot for 10 mins and then parked. All good after.

Been a few days now and I have not observed any unusual things from the car. (or maybe I am just too oblivious to notice any)

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 1632991134792
Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 1632991184141

last update

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT

Total tuned time: 28 months

Tuned miles driven: 18,000 miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1; Phearable Stage 1.5; currently using Phearable's 1.5R

Fuel used: Top tier 93 from Shell, BP, Sunoco

Additional related mods: PRL cold air intake w/Race MAF, Mishimoto FMIC, fresh OEM plugs.

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Pretty easy on the throttle until it warms up, then slightly aggressive, yet conservative obeying most road rules. I open it up at times just to make myself smile.

Tuning experience notes: The Phearable 1.5R is a definite upgrade from the original 1.5 in my opinion. It feels more refined and like an OEM tune/map. No hiccups whatsoever. I use the 3rd map and have been using map 3 on all of my previous tunes with no issues as a daily driver. The car feels very smooth in the power band all the way to the top. I admit, at times it feels like the car is putting out more power than the clutch can handle but I've never felt it slip. If I go full throttle, I make sure it's after 3000 rpm and things have been good thus far. Most importantly, K-Con seems way more consistent and I can make back to back to back pulls with similar power feeling and very little drop off. The intercooler helps with this but the tune is the backbone.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 3p5S1WZ5QDdsTa7n6gIawRS7D=w1190-h893-no?authuser=0

IonEX-T

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-t
Country flag
IonEX-T... when's the last time you changed CVT fluid? It makes a difference.

drckaglr, thanks for adding your car. Excellent write up.
Changed it in May, way before I needed to change it.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Been a few days now and I have not observed any unusual things from the car. (or maybe I am just too oblivious to notice any)
I'd like you to upload a full datalog here of normal driving to see your fuel trims and boost pressure. Do about 15 minutes of normal driving with a couple of WOT pulls.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Most importantly, K-Con seems way more consistent and I can make back to back to back pulls with similar power feeling and very little drop off. The intercooler helps with this but the tune is the backbone.
Funny you said that.

Today going home from work (beautiful 70 degree day, light traffic) I had 3 opportunities for some high speed highway fun.

Basically three passing moves going from 70 to 100 in a few minute span. In the past, I wouldn't even consider doing that because of the artificial knock rise. I'd do one move and let things settle down.

It was really obvious that knock control was staying stable (didn't have my V2 hooked up). Even on that 3rd pull in a matter of minutes, I felt no power loss at all. Sure the weather was great and that helped but I sure love that 1.5R tune.

My mpgs took a hit (27 for the drive) but the smiles per mile were excellent.
Sponsored

Last edited: