The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Too bad more ppl don't updates after having problems. I recall seeing at least 3 Si owners with blown trannies
Yeah, 4th gear tranny issues for at least 3 members. Also how many people are blowing head gaskets? I'm on the third (holding better with studs and cometic gasket this time) but have posted on I think 3 separate threads about members blowing head gaskets. How much power has been made with stock head bolts because oem bolts and gasket is a ticking time bomb.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad more ppl don't updates after having problems. I recall seeing at least 3 Si owners with blown trannies
Updates are one thing. Getting people to even post here is another. I'm not exaggerating that 90% of the tuned owners I private message won't post their cars in this thread. I can't control that and the thread is based on what's inside the thread. I pretty much only rarely message people anymore about adding their car because to be honest, the rejection was getting to me.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
19/23 Dual Tune map + BBG Quick Adjust Q: for any given gear, if I choose a setting like ā€˜18 PSI Boost Level with Rampā€™, does that mean 1) that gear is limited to 18 PSI across the whole rev range, and boost ramps to that PSI level only past 4K RPMs, OR 2) that gear is limited to an 18 PSI ramp only up to 4K RPMs, after which the full 23 PSI boost target is met up to redline?

TYIA! ??
Great question. I don't honestly know for sure. I always assumed it meant that you would be limiting boost to the set amount you chose in that gear (in your case 18 psi) and it would ramp up the 18 to be easier on the drivetrain. And would max out at 18.

Maybe JR could pop by with the definitive answer. I have a CVT and just use 18 psi in "1st", no ramp.
Thanks, if @KTuner has any insight, thatā€™d be swell.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
18 with ramp would hold 18 until 3500 and then ramp up to whatever you have set as targets. If you have a tune you can access tables on you can see this in the Boost By Gear table option.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
18 with ramp would hold 18 until 3500 and then ramp up to whatever you have set as targets. If you have a tune you can access tables on you can see this in the Boost By Gear table option.
TY for the clarification! This is super helpful, and, quite honestly, how I was hoping itā€™d work. ?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks JR. Awesome info for the thread. And now we know. :thumbsup:

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah, 4th gear tranny issues for at least 3 members. Also how many people are blowing head gaskets? I'm on the third (holding better with studs and cometic gasket this time) but have posted on I think 3 separate threads about members blowing head gaskets. How much power has been made with stock head bolts because oem bolts and gasket is a ticking time bomb.
How much power wee you making when you blew the first two head gaskets?

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Update
Vehicle: 2019 TYP Si coupe

Total tuned time: ~7 months

Tuned miles driven: ~10,000
Tuner around 57k sitting at 67k now

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner V1.2

Tunes used: TSP stage 1, been map 3 probably 75% the last 2 months(a lot of that was unintentional tbh, but now Iā€™ve just left it there) drivability seems better on map3, when Iā€™m going really slow thru parking lots/neighborhood, where it doesnā€™t do as much jerking when you let off from about 10%throttle

Fuel used: Sams club 93 (almost exclusively)

Additional related mods: none yet. Have CAI, intercooler/piping and flex fuel to go on EVENTUALLY

Problems/issues: None that Iā€™ve noticed. No clutch slippage that I can tell. Reverse sometimes annoying to get into but itā€™s always been that way. (If Iā€™m getting any slip Iā€™m oblivious) Other than driving to aggressively cuts into mpg lol, then I simmer down. Before I put the R wheels on avg 38mog, 35 if I was driving more aggressively, but being 16% bigger overall diameter and heavier itā€™s now like 33/31mpg driving granny vs fun

Driving style: Sometimes kinda aggressive, always a bit fast. On the highway im probably going 80+. Weather and traffic permitting(Iā€™m generally not an asshole driver).going 90-95 for 20-30 minutes not uncommon, gradually get up to those speeds though. 3 mile or so stretch on my way to work I will hit 100mph a couple times a week. HAVENT had her over 110 for a looong time. Raced a stinger on that stretch once when I was stock, he quit when we hit 134, so I did to.

Tuning experience notes: 1st time tuning and love it. Wish Iā€™d gotten a V2 as I seem to have issues connecting to my laptop. Wanting to run some logs but again idk if itā€™s my wifi, the usb on the V1.2, or my computer, and Iā€™m probably impatient. But got tunerview lite on head unit recently so have that to look at. So far so good. Knock control doesnā€™t move and LTFT donā€™t seem to be out of line.

additional info hoping to put a clutch on order by Christmas so I caninstall all my current parts over the winter, if I can get/keep my 2007 VW Rabbit running without sinking to much more money into it. Either radiator fans assembly needs replaced(wellfor sure does) and/or the relay is bad and it leaks coolant REALY bad now, but once I get under it for the fan I can see where itā€™s coming from. Only want to drive that shitbox(Iā¤It though) to work in the winter.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Gear Ratios: 1st: 3.643, 2nd: 2.080, 3rd: 1.361, 4th: 1.024, 5th: 0.830, 6th: 0.686, Reverse: 3.673, Final Drive Ratio: 4.105

Putting load on any overdriven gear is always an increased risk. I mostly make my pokes in 2nd and 3rd, but not gonna lie, occasionally in 4th.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Gear Ratios: 1st: 3.643, 2nd: 2.080, 3rd: 1.361, 4th: 1.024, 5th: 0.830, 6th: 0.686, Reverse: 3.673, Final Drive Ratio: 4.105

Putting load on any overdriven gear is always an increased risk. I mostly make my pokes in 2nd and 3rd, but not gonna lie, occasionally in 4th.
But 4th isn't an overdrive gear, so I wonder why are there are issues?

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much power wee you making when you blew the first two head gaskets?
About 300 whp. First one went at at about 20k, second about 30k, this time I went cometic gasket and arp studs and I'm at 44k so it's been good for about 14k miles and I think it will hold now. I could check records but I think those mileage numbers are pretty close.

MAP claims they made about 550hp on stock block before problems then got to 650hp on built motor. I'm going to guess and say they at least replaced head bolts with studs because I just can't believe that. Also on their 3 stages to 650hp video they say they bent rods and broke the oil pump at 550hp but never mention the head gasket.

But 4th tops out at only 109 mph;)

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
About 300 whp. First one went at at about 20k, second about 30k, this time I went cometic gasket and arp studs and I'm at 44k so it's been good for about 14k miles and I think it will hold now. I could check records but I think those mileage numbers are pretty close.

MAP claims they made about 550hp on stock block before problems then got to 650hp on built motor. I'm going to guess and say they at least replaced head bolts with studs because I just can't believe that. Also on their 3 stages to 650hp video they say they bent rods and broke the oil pump at 550hp but never mention the head gasket.

But 4th tops out at only 109 mph;)
Cool Iā€™m aiming at about 280ish whp once all said and done.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
misfired officially today :(
drove 20 miles or so, mostly highway, talked with family for a couple hours, went to run a quick errand and it idled really rough for 20 seconds or so. some encouragement from the gas pedal i think helped it settle down to a smooth idle, but by then the misfire codes already came in. all systems down apparently, and emissions problem warning light came on.
maybe an hour later, i started back up, sure enough a rough idle. i got a ktuner datalog and a video/sound clip of this event.
not sure if i should clear the p0300 codes or notā€¦
i also made a thread regarding this rough idle, but nobody ever checked it out. iā€™d appreciate any input, thanks.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the video/sound clip but couldn't really tell from that. Add your log and I'll check it out.

Honestly hard to imagine it's plugs, coils or injectors already because you have a low mileage '20. And I looked at you mods and your tune and everything is conservative.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw the video/sound clip but couldn't really tell from that. Add your log and I'll check it out.

Honestly hard to imagine it's plugs, coils or injectors already because you have a low mileage '20.
will do. iā€™ll be home in a couple hours so iā€™ll upload the log then. thanks in advance for your help btw
Sponsored