Madness420x

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX
Check this out link
You only need internet to lock or unlock the unit.

im so frikken excited Ktuner! u guys have no idea lol!

my ktuner is coming this friday! so is the laptop!

i cant frikken wait! im even taking off work early to party lol

i already love my little car so much but man i cant wait to just make it that much better.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
im so frikken excited Ktuner! u guys have no idea lol!

my ktuner is coming this friday! so is the laptop!

i cant frikken wait! im even taking off work early to party lol

i already love my little car so much but man i cant wait to just make it that much better.
check this used DP LINK not mine btw.

Madness420x

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX
ok so i just finally tuned my car!

its a 2016 honda civic 2.0liter automatic CVT coupe

it definitely gives the car a little more pep from deadstop. nothing insane, wont push you back in your seat but it starts going much faster than before. so thats cool. i definitely like the vtec kicking in at 5300 now...... before it seemed almost impossible to hit vtec. so the vtec change is very nice indeed.

i do however think i may be trading in this car soon. dont get me wrong... its a beautiful car..... i think its sexy as hell TBH.... its decently quick, perfect for daily driving and whatnot.... gets decent MPG and handles well.... but i think i might want something with a bit more muscle. im thinking next year i will trade this in for an accord 2.0 turbo. the good thing is i can use my ktuner for that also right?

in the mean time.. this car will be a very solid car for me while i wait to trade it in. i think i just wanna save up some money, work on my career and credit score even more.

anyways... thanks ktuner... this is a really cool little gadget..... was simple enough to use and made my car feel a little better to drive, i look forward to using this ktuners full potential on a turbo car in the future! yay!

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Glad you're enjoying it.

the good thing is i can use my ktuner for that also right?
Yes, as long as you follow the help to unlock the unit from the current vehicle.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Madness, congrats on the tune. Be sure to add your car to my community tuning thread. Link in my signature.

Madness420x

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LX
update: so ive drove my car for a little longer and i notice something ....

it seems like in this car i get faster acceleration if i just tap the gas pedal lightly instead of stomp on it?

am i just crazy? it seems like when i stomp on the gas pedal (well.. not really stomp but u know what i mean) theres like a 1.5 seconds of "lag" but when i just tap the pedal lightly and then slowly push it deeper it seems i get better acceleration thats more responsive and smoother?

weird, but good to know.

anyways, im enjoying the tune! the car definitely feels better, even way louder lol! i cant wait to one day test this ktuner out on a more beastly engine!

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
update: so ive drove my car for a little longer and i notice something ....

it seems like in this car i get faster acceleration if i just tap the gas pedal lightly instead of stomp on it?

am i just crazy? it seems like when i stomp on the gas pedal (well.. not really stomp but u know what i mean) theres like a 1.5 seconds of "lag" but when i just tap the pedal lightly and then slowly push it deeper it seems i get better acceleration thats more responsive and smoother?

weird, but good to know.

anyways, im enjoying the tune! the car definitely feels better, even way louder lol! i cant wait to one day test this ktuner out on a more beastly engine!
Did you adjusted the throttle response level? Also keep in mind that you need to upgrade your intake i noticed that also back in the days.

tholemu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
My Ktuner arrived last Friday and I was able to apply the tune that evening. Once I figured out the process, the flash takes just under eight minutes or so via MacBook Pro running Parallels.

With an AEM intake + heat shield, my IAT was at max 104F while sitting at a stoplight in the St Louis August heat. Not sure where that ranks in terms of acceptable IAT range, but seems reasonable to me. Cruising at highway speed, it's around 89F.

So far, I have zero complaints. Improvements all across the power band, especially above 5500rpm. Rev-matching on downshifts is also so much more satisfying now. Feels like my old 1988 CRX back in the day... but better.

I did some research on timing, VTC, etc, and it seems like the parameters for the tune from Ktuner are pretty much ideal. Has anyone found that not to be the case? Only modifications I made are disabling rev hang and changing to Improved Throttle Response II.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
for last 7 years I used 87 as recommended, but last night I tuned my 2016 2.0 CVT and put full tank of 91 (highest in my area), is that what I suppose to do now on? I have PRL stage 1 intake and that is it
I first put wrong tune, car had a christmas light on dash and didn't drive well. Reuploaded tune this morning and car is so much better. Drives great and lights were gone immediately. Need to learn to read instructions lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Using 91 will keep your knock control in check giving you more consistent power.

Please add you car to my community tuning thread. Thanks and enjoy your new fun to drive car.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How about a 2.0 TSP tune?!
You do know that's not happening, right? KTuner already tweaked the basics of what can be tweaked in their base tune. If you want more you'll need to go to a tuner.

For companies, it just doesn't make sense. The number of tuned 2.0NA's is very low. Just look at my tuning thread and you'll see that. Only 36 out of 1,141 tuned cars.
Sponsored

Last edited: