The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update 8
Total Tuned Time: 6 Months

Tuned Miles Driven: 7,800 miles (37,800 miles total)

Tunes used: Current: Phearable 1.5R (Previous: Ktuner Stage 0; Phearable 1.5; Dual 21/18/15 tune w/ Quick Adjustments)

Fuel Used: Shell, Circle K, or Mapco (at Mapco I put 1 gallon of e85 in).

Related Mods: K&N Air Filter, Mishimoto Induction Hose.

Problems/Issues: Zero.

Experience notes: Car still is amazing. I daily drive in Map 1 (w/ Eco on when wet), and that's still enough to cause my front tires to break loose if throttle isn't modulated right (any acceleration over 1500rpm when roads are any level of wet causes traction loss thanks to cheap tires). Map 2 causes tires to chirp a little, and Map 3 causes tires to squeal. When you want the car to be refined, it is very much refined. When you want to go fast, you can go fast.

With all that said, If you're on the fence about tuning whether it be because of reliability or because the power increase appears negligible on the non-Si 1.5ts, buy a Ktuner anyways. Reliability is not a concern if you perform regular maintenance and upkeep on your car / not abuse it, and there is a very much noticeable bump in power, not to mention the enhancements made for refinement and top end performance on Phearable's 1.5 and 1.5R tunes. TSP is also good from what I've heard.
Update 9
Total Tuned Time: 6 Months 3 1/2 weeks

Tuned Miles Driven: 8,800 miles (38,800 miles total)

Tunes used: Current: Phearable 1.5R w/ Turbo Ramp and Throttle set to Highest (Previous: Ktuner Stage 0; Phearable 1.5; Dual 21/18/15 tune w/ Quick Adjustments)

Fuel Used: 93 Octane (Occasionally 1gal e85).

Related Mods: K&N Air Filter, Mishimoto Induction Hose.

Problems/Issues: Zero.

Experience Notes: Did an oil change just shy of 6,000 miles, cleaned out my air filter (not really dirty), adjusted my intake hose, and re-flashed Phearable 1.5R w/ Quick Adjustments set to their highest level. I notice a slight difference from before but nothing game changing. Car still runs smoothly, I run in Eco mode 90% of the time and manage low-mid 30mpg a tank (usually 280-300 miles a fill up), primarily running in Map 1 as it's more than enough for how I drive. BBG is set to 18PSI I believe, may lower it to help with traction. Otherwise, really happy I chose a Civic. 7 months into ownership and loving it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
rwk... quick question...

Your ECU allows you to adjust turbo ramp rate on your 1.5R?

Last edited:

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
rwk...

Quick question. Your ECU allows you to adjust turbo ramp rate on your 1.5R? Wow. Mine only supports adjusting throttle response.
I will double check when I get home, but I am pretty sure it did. I had two things to adjust, I know that for fact.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My two available quick adjustments are throttle response and Advanced VSA.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) Capture.GIF

I'm interested to see if you have that turbo ramp option.

Last edited:

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My two are throttle response and Advanced VSA.

View attachment 325209
Huh, maybe I'm just going crazy. I thought Advanced VSA was on another page. I'll edit my post and will double check what I did. Thanks for pointing that out.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Huh, maybe I'm just going crazy. I thought Advanced VSA was on another page. I'll edit my post and will double check what I did. Thanks for pointing that out.
The actual A-VSA setting is on the quick adjustments page. There's a separate quick enable for it as well.

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
Sorry for hijcak the thread ?

Anyone use Hasport 62A here? Have already break in? How is it now?
Mine is rattling at glove box, quite strong vibration almost entire cabin at very low rpm near stall speed.

It's been 3 days since installed (100km).

Mind to share your experience?
Just installed a 62A from Torque Solutions the other day and yes rattle is very noticeable at 2k rpm and under. However, I found that my stock mount was damaged and weird vibrations I was having went away and car is much much smoother under acceleration (CVT)

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Total Tuned Time: 5 Months

Tuned Miles Driven: 6,000 Miles (30,300) miles total)

Tunes used: Current: KTuner Dual Map 21 PSI, Early Spool, VSA Disabled, Throttle Response II, Boost Ramp Aggressive I

Fuel Used: Exclusively Sheetz 93 Octane

Related Mods: Injen RAI, Remark Catback Exhaust

Problems/Issues:

Weird Noise from P to R or N to R or D. Still cannot identify exactly what is making the noise.

Vibration from passenger seat when foot on brake when in drive (Issue resolved with stiffer engine mount, stock mount may have been shot)

Noticing that K.Control has been increasing on WOT more than it used too (think spark plugs are nearing there lifespan)

Experience Notes: I drive a little more spirited than others and use paddles every time I drive. I do not floor it from a stop and I always monitor my CVT temps. I really take care of my car and don’t push it all the time while running the 21 psi tune with all my quick adjustments. I’ve always been this way even pre tune.

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Vehicle: 2021 EX Hatchback

Total tuned time: 2 Days

Tuned miles driven: ~50 (6350)

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner 1.2.

Tunes used: Phearable tune

Fuel used: Pretty much just QT 91.

Additional related mods: Nothing else yet. Other than some cosmetic things.

Problems/issues: I get motion sicknesss easy and the G's that this thing can pull now was making me a bit sick at first.

Driving style: I dont beat the snot out of it, but there is a reason I went with a civic and not a corolla.

Tune experience notes: Was pretty easy to do. I think I do need to get with KTuner as my device is VERY difficult to install and remove. But other than that it works great and was easy to setup with Tunerview/Honda Hack.

P.S. GTman you know this is your fault right....

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Vibration from passenger seat when foot on brake when in drive...
Are you talking about at idle? I had the passenger seat vibration at idle on my car. I fixed it by raising idle speed a bit. The factory idle from Honda is kind of low.

P.S. GTman you know this is your fault right....
You're welcome. :cool:

Last edited:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Since we're approaching the end of the year, it might be a great time to add a new post documenting your current tuned miles driven and any changes since your last post. We've had 350+ tuned cars added this year but only a small percentage have added updates. Come on guys, help out. One new update post a year seems reasonable.

I'm not trying to be a pain with all these update requests, just trying to help the community. Thanks for being a part of the thread.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Since we're approaching the end of the year, it might be a great time to add a new post documenting your current tuned miles driven and any changes since your last post. We've had 350+ tuned cars added this year but only a small percentage have added updates. Come on guys, help out. One new update post a year seems reasonable.

I'm not trying to be a pain with all these update requests, just trying to help the community. Thanks for being a part of the thread.
Alright then.. me since a year ago have been modified with Ktuner 19.5 Psi with CVT, so far still strong and rock.

The only problem just the 62A. Now even Brian G from Hasport still confused. He says it's unsual vibrates like that. He is checking my order from one of the dealer, whether it's fake or not. LOL.

Anyway, the car still running fine, even without BBG. Sometimes WOT at low speed with tires bit spinning, no problem so far.
I will write full update about the reability and how it is going in few days later, I am focusing on the Rmm now.
Sorry for the inconvenience. ?

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
Update on my 17 Si Coupe. Current miles now 35,8xx K so approximately 12K tuned miles now. Always in TSP Map 3. I had installed a used RV6 catted DP sometime ago (believe I did list it on a previous update). The DP finally threw a code, so I turned off the sensor when installing TSP stage 2 approx 500 miles ago. It is combined with the PRL flex fuel kit. Haven't really got to enjoy stage 2, as we moved & just no E85 in this part of Florida (at least I haven't seen any- just north of Daytona Beach).
Clutch is hanging in there, but I do get a lot of slip now, so just waiting for several free days to install the Type R retro (been slowly purchasing all the consumable parts & reading the service manual constantly to check I have everything I need before diving in. Purchased the R retro used & the clutch plate itself looks ok, but decided for $160 I'd just grab a new disc & keep the other on hand. Will be installing KZCMC & braided line while I have the car in pieces.
Only other mods not listed in previous updates are Acuity base bushings, centering spring & rocker arm. Really tightens up the shifting & makes the gates feel closer, so thumbs up from me.
Still enjoy getting this car out more than the Wife's C7 Z51 (can't remember last time I drove it other than to get it up on ramps for service), so that should say something.
Thanks again GTman for all the hours you put into this & opening doors for so many who were on the tuning fence like me...never look back. Regards!!!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a reminder to anyone adding their car to the thread (that includes NewCivicRs as well). Read the instructions in the first post and add your car using the thread format:

Vehicle:
Total tuned time:
Tuned miles driven:
Tuning device(s) used:
Tunes used:
Fuel used:
Additional related mods:
Problems/issues:
Driving style:
Tune experience notes:

I compile data from tuned cars in a specific way, based on the format above.

Thanks.

Last edited:

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you talking about at idle? I had the passenger seat vibration at idle on my car. I fixed it by raising idle speed a bit. The factory idle from Honda is kind of low.

You're welcome. :cool:
Yes, especially since I installed an market exhaust
Sponsored