Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I just upgraded my system to the dual-phase version. Much less drone/buzziness around 2.5k-2.8k RPM. I made my own video comparing the two
that buzz you are referring to. Was it something you heard like in-cabin like if something was vibrating inside towards the rear?

I get that under load at 2.5k rpm
Sponsored

gMcizzLe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR; 2014 Camaro SS
Country flag
that buzz you are referring to. Was it something you heard like in-cabin like if something was vibrating inside towards the rear?

I get that under load at 2.5k rpm
Yes, in-cabin, it was more like the front/middle to me.

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Yes, in-cabin, it was more like the front/middle to me.
good to know im not alone. Itā€™s super annoying when I donā€™t have music on. I know itā€™s the nature of the beast but if I can rid it, this exhaust would be absolutely perfect. You are running catless Downpipe?

gMcizzLe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR; 2014 Camaro SS
Country flag
good to know im not alone. Itā€™s super annoying when I donā€™t have music on. I know itā€™s the nature of the beast but if I can rid it, this exhaust would be absolutely perfect. You are running catless Downpipe?
PRL Catted dp

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
PRL Catted dp
Iā€™m catless so imagine. So I have to ask, was it worth it? Did the sound change for the better/worse. I know it helps with drone. I just love the way it sounds now and donā€™t want to change that

gMcizzLe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR; 2014 Camaro SS
Country flag
Iā€™m catless so imagine. So I have to ask, was it worth it? Did the sound change for the better/worse. I know it helps with drone. I just love the way it sounds now and donā€™t want to change that
It sounds mostly the same. Slight difference though. Drone was drastically reduced so I'm keeping it.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag

JDMFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CBP FK8 CTR
Country flag
Hey all. I'm thinking of ordering an AWE Touring exhaust for my FK8, and wanted to check on the lead times, just so I can get a sense of how long I'll have to wait. Black tips, no dualphase.

Anyone got this setup for me?

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey all. I'm thinking of ordering an AWE Touring exhaust for my FK8, and wanted to check on the lead times, just so I can get a sense of how long I'll have to wait. Black tips, no dualphase.

I was told 30 to 35 business days. I ordered may 2nd and I'm still waiting for it to ship. Mildly annoyed with no updates.

rfcunnin

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Civic Type R
Country flag

Actually just received this exact setup. I ordered mine March 9th and was quoted 30-35 business days. Mine showed up and was installed today (6/11), so basically 3 full months. Manufacturing is crazy everywhere, so not a huge surprise. After getting it installed, I will say itā€™s 100% worth the wait.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag

Import Image Racing has a few in stock as of this AM. I always share dealer info on our IG story.

MAPerformance is also running a limited sale today through wed, 6/16.

That's what I've got for you guys.

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag

We should have one available at the end of the month, with more coming in July for that specific setup.

-Josh

JDMFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CBP FK8 CTR
Country flag
Import Image Racing has a few in stock as of this AM. I always share dealer info on our IG story.

MAPerformance is also running a limited sale today through wed, 6/16.

That's what I've got for you guys.
Sorry, I don't really have a strong social media presence, so I didn't think to look there. I'll make sure to keep an eye out there.

MAPerformance seemed to have been not accepting orders for the FK8 exhaust for the entire sale period, which kinda sucks, but I'll try to give them a call.

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HONDA FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
Country flag
In case it helps anyoneā€¦..my AWE SKU 3015-53006 was 100% a solo install. I bought new anti-seize (just because), pry bars from HFreight, and Lisle 38350 Exhaust Hanger Removal Pliers (worth their weight in gold). I have everything else from jacks, jack stands, torque wrenches, light, gloves, music, beer, and a garage floor you could eat off (unnecessary).

Save the failed exhaust clamp, the install went according to my exceptionally high expectations. To that end AWE, Dave specifically, was spot on with a replacement clamp + a spare FedEx First Overnight (as a vested former FDX Express employee, I can guarantee shipping cost was 10 times what the clamps cost for a part not manufactured by AWE). Response was within minutes via this forum following a call to a very nice lady at AWE.

Stock DP, sounds perfect (coming from someone who wonā€™t put loud pipes on his HD). Follow the instructions, use the tips and tricks vids, and you can do this yourself. I might actually order the shirt now. R-21865 is back in the game!
In an effort to provide additional follow-up, my AWE SKU 3015-53006 (non-Duel Phase) exhaust has shown an audible improvement at 1200 plus miles. I know break-in has been mentioned elsewhere, but it is a fact that the exhaust becomes more sonically refined with time. Drone at the often mentioned RPMs is reduced, and the overall sound presentation is exactly what I was looking for; more of what the Type R hints at sounding like with the stock exhaust. This is all subjective, of course, but I am pleased with the performance of this exhaust, and the service from AWE.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Ran with AWE Track and stock DP for just over a month. Really subtle at idle, no obnoxious cold starts, no rasp, amazing tone and a great bark when blipping the throttle in neutral or downshifting. A tad loud only when cruising on the highway around 75mph, or accelerating mildly between 3-3.5K.

As a part of our testing, we've now switched to the Touring rear section, still stock DP, and here's what I think. All across the range it's a little quieter; highway you can hear a slight hum of an aftermarket exhaust but nothing that would bother an average rear passenger. The Touring did take away the bark when revving gently at idle or downshifting, that's a thing I'll definitely miss about Track. When you open it up, they're still very similar in terms of volume, and that's a good thing because you don't want to lose the great tone from this exhaust.

We have RV6 Downpipes on the way, and the Dual Phase Mid-Pipes also on the way. I'm sure the bark will return once the Downpipe is changed, which is great, but let's see if I find it a little louder for me personally. In any case, I'll have the midpipe ready to go :)

Fortunate to be in a position where I can test all the combinations, and report back real world experiences to you all! We've got several CTR and Si systems for CivicX folks on order, thank you all for the support!

https://unity-performance.com/products/awe-tuning-exhaust-suite-2017-civic-type-r

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! IMG-20210617-WA0024

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! IMG-20210618-WA0001

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! IMG-20210617-WA0025~2