True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8)

taric

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type-r fk8
Country flag
guys, does anyone have some (unofficial) clips of how it sound with the stock downpipe?

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
guys, does anyone have some (unofficial) clips of how it sound with the stock downpipe?
I can take some this weekend. I must say now this is a damn good sounding exhaust. Adding a resonator to it has not changed the sound at all and has made highway driving way more bearable for me. Grain of salt: this is my first aftermarket exhaust ever so initially I did think it was loud.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I can take some this weekend. I must say now this is a damn good sounding exhaust. Adding a resonator to it has not changed the sound at all and has made highway driving way more bearable for me. Grain of salt: this is my first aftermarket exhaust ever so initially I did think it was loud.
would appreciate that as well, would love to hear an unofficial sound clip without aftermarket dp

SpoolinFK8

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
would appreciate that as well, would love to hear an unofficial sound clip without aftermarket dp
just to let you know i have the PRL Catted DP, so not sure how unofficial its going to be. But definitely much more catted then said XForce 100cell catted DP which has a bit more air flow then PRL CDP. But i should be posting the vid soon.

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So some people says there is no drone with a catted downpipe...but im coming in here and people are adding resonators :confused1: lol. Is the drone bad or just a little bit?

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
So some people says there is no drone with a catted downpipe...but im coming in here and people are adding resonators :confused1: lol. Is the drone bad or just a little bit?
I think it's not that the drone is bad, it's where it's found in the RPMs (cruising).

Some exhausts though will definitely be worse than others, even the stock exhaust drones. It's all about your tolerances.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Think we are going to make a catted DP to suit well with our system.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Vincent I would highly suggest developing a new midpipe to reduce drone before releasing a chatted DP. I can't imagine how loud that would be.
Adding another res is really the only thing they could do, it would raise the price significantly of their exhaust system. I think people just gotta live with the drone, especially when they're getting such large diameter piping.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can't come soon enough. Was very close to picking up the catted RV6 before this was teased.
Any particular features you would like to see in a new FK8 down-pipe offering?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Any particular features you would like to see in a new FK8 down-pipe offering?
One big problem is that every downpipe I'm aware of has to taper down and fit with the stock front pipe location in order to be compatible with most of the market. The manufacturers of downpipes/frontpipes and the manufacturers of exhausts have largely been separate.

If you made all three you could continue the "true 3" system" idea of your exhaust all the way to the turbo. I'd run it for sure. Would be a good place to 'redefine the aftermarket' as is your mantra ?

Last edited:

Krisis52

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR Sonic Gray Pearl
Country flag
Think we are going to make a catted DP to suit well with our system.
Any idea on time frame, looking to get your catback and looking at other catted downpipes, but would love to keep it all 27won with the build quality and attention to detail I have seen from you all?
Sponsored