AWE Exhaust for Civic Type R - Comparison of Stock DP / Catted DP/ Catless DP

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Did you just install yours? Once broken in, it will get a little better. You’ll still have the echo/ringing sound around cruising speeds though. I recommend removing the trunk spare parts and putting on noico sound deadeners. It reduces the sound SIGNIFCANTLY. I love the exhaust even more now. Message me if you’re interested in doing that... compliments to repyT!
BC0E1759-2C8C-410A-8EC0-8D370DBC9C1F.jpeg

you want a layer like this and another layer of 150mm noico red
I don't know man, I did both the butyl and foam as well on both the trunk and the rear seats and it didn't make that big of a difference. I'd say like 10-20% reduction in drone. What really saved it for me was having an exhaust shop weld a 3" vibrant ultra quiet resonator. Now drone is stock level while cruising and still sounds great when I want it to.

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
I don't know man, I did both the butyl and foam as well on both the trunk and the rear seats and it didn't make that big of a difference. I'd say like 10-20% reduction in drone. What really saved it for me was having an exhaust shop weld a 3" vibrant ultra quiet resonator. Now drone is stock level while cruising and still sounds great when I want it to.
Oh dayum. You went all the way. Nice

vleal12

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Honda Civic Type R
Was this an expensive route? Which resonator was it?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
3" vibrant ultra quiet resonator : ~$150 all in
Just curious: how much did the shop charge to have it welded in? I'm considering getting one for my Remus, but the first place that I called today wanted $750 in labor alone.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Just curious: how much did the shop charge to have it welded in? I'm considering getting one for my Remus, but the first place that I called today wanted $750 in labor alone.
Lol to weld a resonator?? Shop charged me $60 to do it. Highest rated ship near me too.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those running this exhaust and a Hondata base map - what option are you selecting for the front pipe when you build your map- AWE isn't an option but is for the exhaust field which seems odd.
I haven't looked at base maps for hondata in months..but I don't think one will mater...it's an exhaust...doesn't do much for power. Downpipe is usually what to look for in the calibrations they offer

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol to weld a resonator?? Shop charged me $60 to do it. Highest rated ship near me too.
Would you recommend finding a place that specializes in welding, or just go to any chain muffler shop (Midas, etc.)?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Definitely find a legit exhaust shop by you that can do custom work. Avoid chain shops at all costs.
Will do. Did you have yours TIG welded, or did you go with another type of seal?

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Will do. Did you have yours TIG welded, or did you go with another type of seal?
You'll be hard pressed to find a shop that can TIG weld; if you do it'll be pretty expensive. I would guess $300 min for that job TIG welded.

Most shops like the one I went to will do a MIG weld.

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
Those running this exhaust and a Hondata base map - what option are you selecting for the front pipe when you build your map- AWE isn't an option but is for the exhaust field which seems odd.
Front pipe is minimal effect on base tune, addinf AWE for exhaust should be fine, for front pipe you can either select another brand or leave blank, I’d select a brand since most are roughly 3” and closest, but it will not hurt anything or change much.

Hope that helps, and if you still feel worried can always go on Hondata forum and ask them, they should say something similar or give you peace of mind, then to take info from a random person.

Cheers ? and best of luck.

aMezingg

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R & 2006 Acura Type S
Country flag
Did you just install yours? Once broken in, it will get a little better. You’ll still have the echo/ringing sound around cruising speeds though. I recommend removing the trunk spare parts and putting on noico sound deadeners. It reduces the sound SIGNIFCANTLY. I love the exhaust even more now. Message me if you’re interested in doing that... compliments to repyT!
BC0E1759-2C8C-410A-8EC0-8D370DBC9C1F.jpeg

you want a layer like this and another layer of 150mm noico red
how long did this take you?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PFA ?

AWE rep, on your site, I don't see an option to buy the darker tips. I'm planning on buying the touring muffler option for my track edition, but wanted to get the darker tips also. Is this something I need to email about?

Honda Civic 10th gen AWE Exhaust for Civic Type R - Comparison of Stock DP / Catted DP/ Catless DP 20210301_132943
Sponsored