Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Zombie

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R, 08 Z71, 2019 Traverse Redline, 2011 Ruckus GY6 150
Country flag
Ok, so ive been running the Touring for about 2k miles... i really love it.. but i think i want MORE loud.... and ive noticed on revs, on the backend of a rev after throttle closes, does everyone kinda have a buzz from muffler... didnt really.notice when i was testing without tips with the 3way pipe.. but after i hear it now.. not too bad, just tryin to see if i have a issue/leak somewhere..
Back to original question... how more LOUD is the track conversion... from someone with one??
Sponsored

Zombie

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, so ive been running the Touring for about 2k miles... i really love it.. but i think i want MORE loud.... and ive noticed on revs, on the backend of a rev after throttle closes, does everyone kinda have a buzz from muffler... didnt really.notice when i was testing without tips with the 3way pipe.. but after i hear it now.. not too bad, just tryin to see if i have a issue/leak somewhere..
Back to original question... how more LOUD is the track conversion... from someone with one??
I forgot i got the OG Touring, without the new midpipe...is that my issue??

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I forgot i got the OG Touring, without the new midpipe...is that my issue??
The Track edition will have more cabin noise but people love it. It is a straight pipe from the mid-pipe back. Buzzing would be from contact more likely between the system and chassis when hot. If you are going to run the Track conversion it's an opportune time to loosen the system and get everything readjusted and make sure all of the slip-fits are bottomed out.

Zombie

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Track edition will have more cabin noise but people love it. It is a straight pipe from the mid-pipe back. Buzzing would be from contact more likely between the system and chassis when hot. If you are going to run the Track conversion it's an opportune time to loosen the system and get everything readjusted and make sure all of the slip-fits are bottomed out.
Since post i have went and watched multiple vids.. heard the "buzz" on multiple think its just part of the tone... and there is no contact anywhere.. disassembled and reassembled twice..all joints bottomed out.. the rear where the contact happens i have almost 1in. Of clearance.. and all heat shields are clear

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Since post i have went and watched multiple vids.. heard the "buzz" on multiple think its just part of the tone... and there is no contact anywhere.. disassembled and reassembled twice..all joints bottomed out.. the rear where the contact happens i have almost 1in. Of clearance.. and all heat shields are clear
Ya I get that buzz and I’m running full catless OG touring. It’s audible at 2.5k or so. I’ve looked all throughout my chassis and see no rub nor context anywhere plus my slip fits are full bottomed out. The buzz is either from vibration/resonance that shakes something within the back trunk/hatch. And causing the buzzing.
Exhaust is awesome regardless

Zombie

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya I get that buzz and I’m running full catless OG touring. It’s audible at 2.5k or so. I’ve looked all throughout my chassis and see no rub nor context anywhere plus my slip fits are full bottomed out. The buzz is either from vibration/resonance that shakes something within the back trunk/hatch. And causing the buzzing.
Ok, as long as its not just me goin crazy.. i have no complaints, not bashing AWE. I love the exhaust, just wanna figure it out..........

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Ok, as long as its not just me goin crazy.. i have no complaints, not bashing AWE. I love the exhaust, just wanna figure it out..........
I think the buzzing is a trait of the car more than the exhaust, the exhaust just amplifies it.

Me personally, it can make my ears ring a little, but I try not to sit at that rpm anymore.

Sound deadening the hatch floor might do the trick, but I've been lazy.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Catless is the worst case scenario. You have to be aware that removing the cat turns the exhaust into a literal race car. Nothing about your car came off of the assembly line intended to provide comfort in this scenario, which is exactly why we developed the dual-phase mid-pipe. We put one on Honda Pro Jason's car a couple weeks back and he called me thanking us for the upgrade because he could actually make bluetooth calls again in the car and it wasn't killing his head.

So, that's our solution. As noted, additional sound deadening goes a long way in these cars according to many guys.

The bushings in the CTR are exceptionally stiff compared to an Audi, and that transmits all of that NVH right into the bubble shaped cabin.

I've worked hard for a long time to set expectations regarding this on this thread, the FB groups, etc. ;)

Zombie

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Catless is the worst case scenario. You have to be aware that removing the cat turns the exhaust into a literal race car. Nothing about your car came off of the assembly line intended to provide comfort in this scenario, which is exactly why we developed the dual-phase mid-pipe. We put one on Honda Pro Jason's car a couple weeks back and he called me thanking us for the upgrade because he could actually make bluetooth calls again in the car and it wasn't killing his head.

So, that's our solution. As noted, additional sound deadening goes a long way in these cars according to many guys.

The bushings in the CTR are exceptionally stiff compared to an Audi, and that transmits all of that NVH right into the bubble shaped cabin.

I've worked hard for a long time to set expectations regarding this on this thread, the FB groups, etc. ;)
So this new midpipe worth the upgrade??
Just ordered my Track conversion this morning!! MORE LOUD

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
So this new midpipe worth the upgrade??
Just ordered my Track conversion this morning!! MORE LOUD
It is worth it but only works with the Touring Edition. This is adding a second 180 Technology resonator to capture 2 distinct frequency ranges.

Here is a a little video I did explaining 180 Tech. The Dual Phase has 2 of these tuned specifically to work in unison.

Gr90

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Really interested in the Touring with dual phase mid pipe. Any planned sales? Wallet is a little light after all of the other bolt on purchases.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Really interested in the Touring with dual phase mid pipe. Any planned sales? Wallet is a little light after all of the other bolt on purchases.
The next sale we will do is Black Friday. Our demand is pretty high right now so most of our bigger retailers have also skipped their summer sales this year. (MAPerformance excluded Honda from their last AWE sale).

We are around a 10 week lead time right now which we are literally all hands on deck working to reduce asap!

Gr90

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
The next sale we will do is Black Friday. Our demand is pretty high right now so most of our bigger retailers have also skipped their summer sales this year. (MAPerformance excluded Honda from their last AWE sale).

We are around a 10 week lead time right now which we are literally all hands on deck working to reduce asap!
Thanks for the information I will keep an eye out around that time then!

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Will AWE ever make new exhaust tips like burnt blue titanium tips other than diamond black and chrome?

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Will AWE ever make new exhaust tips like burnt blue titanium tips other than diamond black and chrome?
We tried a burnt tip finish but it didn't hold up to our standards. Our tips are double-wall which makes it much harder to do. We don't want to go with a single-wall just to offer a burnt tip so we are just doing the Black and Silver.
Sponsored