True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8)

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any idea on time frame, looking to get your catback and looking at other catted downpipes, but would love to keep it all 27won with the build quality and attention to detail I have seen from you all?
For the dp I think my best case is closer to the end of the year. Castings have a long lead time. But all my exhaust I have in stock.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If this does come out I'm more than willing to run a full 27WON set.
As we do with all our products will post blog updates as we make progress.

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
After installing this exhaust...I must say im very impressed! I have it with the Catted Downpipe (prl) and the street version of 27WON RMM. You definitely hear the exhaust inside but I wouldnt really call it drone? My wife says its bearable, she doesnt even think its that loud lol! Coming from a V6 with a full exhaust I did not have high expectations but I got to say..wow!

Here is a coldish start and some revs:

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
After breaking it in there is a drone, however I still love the exhaust. I think its impossible to get a 3" inch exhaust for this car and have aftermarket downpipe and not expect any drone! I may go the route of adding the vibrant resonator in the future.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
After breaking it in there is a drone, however I still love the exhaust. I think its impossible to get a 3" inch exhaust for this car and have aftermarket downpipe and not expect any drone! I may go the route of adding the vibrant resonator in the future.
Agreed with you there, any 3" non-valved exhaust is going to have some drone period. It still sounds amazing and if I were younger maybe I could tolerate the noise. I'm just too old for that shit now ?

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
After taking it on the highway for the first time, I experienced NO drone for highway cruising (2600 rpm +) in case if anyone is wondering..if anything maybe under 5% over stock

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After taking it on the highway for the first time, I experienced NO drone for highway cruising (2600 rpm +) in case if anyone is wondering..if anything maybe under 5% over stock
Post some sound-clips if you can.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
I'm glad it doesn't bother you, but that is apples and oranges to my experience. Cruising from 2.7-3k was pretty loud, and going uphill was absolutely ridiculous.

GHOSTfk8

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, G37, S2000, R1
Country flag
I was hyped into buying this exhaust but hearing that there's lots of drone is kinda disappointing especially when it comes with drone pipes to combat that and say little to no drone. And noticing the pattern that 27won has mostly replied to all the positive reviews and not really giving feedback on the critical reviews.

I saw a used one for sale, the previous owner put a resonator because apparently the drone was pretty bad.

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I was hyped into buying this exhaust but hearing that there's lots of drone is kinda disappointing especially when it comes with drone pipes to combat that and say little to no drone. And noticing the pattern that 27won has mostly replied to all the positive reviews and not really giving feedback on the critical reviews.

I saw a used one for sale, the previous owner put a resonator because apparently the drone was pretty bad.
Yea I dont get it either, im getting more and more drone, but I will soon check my connections again and possibly retorque. I felt like when I first installed I had no drone! A lot of people are saying it has no drone too so it might just be a few of us..

I might add that resonator that spyder did

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bumping this because our downpipe is in production to mate up to our exhaust. It will be a catted unit.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Bumping this because our downpipe is in production to mate up to our exhaust. It will be a catted unit.
Heard a rumor it was not the true 3" ID piping any more. Can you confirm that is false?