AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Just because I havent seen it mentioned yet..

I saw Rolloface redesigned their rotors for the FK8

Honda Civic 10th gen Let’s Talk Brake Upgrades for Track Use 1621611517354

Per their website

https://rolloface.com/product/2-pie...17-2019-honda-civic-type-r-fk8-front-35033mm/

It would appear that the new designs saves more weight than the previous, which I know was a downside to their rotors because they were about a 1lb heavier than stock. The new design saves over 2lbs vs. oem but still 1lb up over Girodiscs.

The new design looks great, saves weight, and is about $100 less than other comparable options.

Anyone have thoughts on these and Rolloface as a brand? Might explore this avenue this summer.
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag

Yomny

First Name
Yomny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Keep the track pad / track day posts coming. I was a bit disappointed after not seeing a Track specific sub forum or thread here. Considering the SI had one and the CTR is a bit more track oriented.

Anyways, my last experience at the track was with Porterfield pads but on a totally different car, unfortunately they don't seem to make a set for the CTR (sadly, they were great pads).

Seems you cant go wrong with R5 F/R or R5 Front, PMU CR Rear. Looking forward to a few track days on my scorching hot town South Florida.

battledog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Country flag
Had a couple of days at Laguna Seca to play with my new sets of Paragon rotors, W5/R3 pads, SS brake lines and Castrol SRF fluid. Took a few sessions to get used to the insane increase in stopping power compared to my '19 OEM setup.

I noticed my Brembos started to turn brown and was wondering about getting titanium shims. Any downsides to running with shims at all? If not, it seems like a no-brainer for under $100.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Running shims and Gyrodisc rotors up front with G-Loc R-8 front pads and G-Loc GS-1 pads on the rear. Still have red Brembo's up front.
Keep in mind I am only at the novice level at the track but I am sure the shims will help in protecting the Bremebo's from some of the heat at least.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
So, I have had more experience with Paragon rotors and R5 front pads for track use. I use Castrol SRF fluid. Have to admit to being very happy. the R5s are wearing very well and are pretty easy to control. I am using Hawk DTC 30 at the rear to add a bit more front bias to the brake system. They too are not wearing much at all with the long double push in R mode. Only issue with the Hawks is that they don't include the spring for the inner pad so unless you transfer it from your stock pads, the rears clunk around a bit.

Have learned a few tricks to make changing the fronts easier.

I try to limit my street driving with the race pads so if I know I will have time, I don't change pads until I am at the track. To speed things up for changing the rears, I use the Foxwell tool which retracts the rear brake flawlessly. The issue with leaving changing the fronts until I get to the track is that I have to re bed them in the first session. Ideally I should drive home with R5 pads on (at low temps) to help clean up the rotors before changing back to street pads. I am already doing enough work on the car in the paddock so am not interested in changing rotors there as well (although that would be ideal)

FYI, after 5 track days with the R5s up front and DTC30s in the rear, I have way more pad left than 2 days with the OEM pads and the brakes feel much better. I don't think stock pads have any business on the track for more than an exploratory first day. Also for those who say you need to do the pedal dance to actually turn off the yaw control, the lack of wear on my rears would indicate, this is not true.

Jpembry

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Running shims and Gyrodisc rotors up front with G-Loc R-8 front pads and G-Loc GS-1 pads on the rear. Still have red Brembo's up front.
Keep in mind I am only at the novice level at the track but I am sure the shims will help in protecting the Bremebo's from some of the heat at least.
My experience - Just did my first track day in the CTR, running PMU CR pads all around with titanium shims up front. Brembo logo is now yellow instead of white.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
My experience - Just did my first track day in the CTR, running PMU CR pads all around with titanium shims up front. Brembo logo is now yellow instead of white.
howd you like the CR pads?

Jpembry

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
howd you like the CR pads?
First impressions are good. My first time running this car and the sessions were 15 mins. Didn’t experience any fade, and the pedal feel was very progressive. Previously was running gloc r12 on my brz and those have more initial bite than the CR which I think I prefer, however they are also WAY louder. Also I was told by unity performance that the CR pads have been discontinued which is unfortunate if true.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
First impressions are good. My first time running this car and the sessions were 15 mins. Didn’t experience any fade, and the pedal feel was very progressive. Previously was running gloc r12 on my brz and those have more initial bite than the CR which I think I prefer, however they are also WAY louder. Also I was told by unity performance that the CR pads have been discontinued which is unfortunate if true.
Indeed, it was discontinued out of the Blue. We're carrying Paragon Rear Pads too now for anyone wanting them :)

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
oh snap!

OhioFK8

First Name
Chamrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type r, 2004 Honda Element
Country flag
The goodridge lines are very good. I actually felt a noticeable difference in the brake pedal. The lines I have aren’t custom, just a revised line they came out with to prevent rubbing on 18” wheels.
Lust,

I just picked up a set of goodridge lines as well. I run 18s wheels and I heard they rubbed as well. But also heard they came out with a revision. Do you have the new part number on the revision ? I ordered the HEL brake lines from USR but they are on back order right now. Do you think the goodridge lines will be ok? Thanks!

Yomny

First Name
Yomny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
I placed an order for CR pads last week from evasive and they just texted me saying they’re a month out but it seems they’re still making them.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Lust,

I just picked up a set of goodridge lines as well. I run 18s wheels and I heard they rubbed as well. But also heard they came out with a revision. Do you have the new part number on the revision ? I ordered the HEL brake lines from USR but they are on back order right now. Do you think the goodridge lines will be ok? Thanks!
It’s the same part number from what I know. I think most kits should be changed over by now.
Sponsored