REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Just ordered the R5 fronts from @Unity Performance for an upcoming Road Atlanta track day.
I ran Atlanta Motorsports Park recently with stock pads, rotors, lines, and Motul RBF 600.
Held up really well for basically stock but definitely ate up the front pads. I'm thinking the R5 will do the trick for the higher braking speed needs at Rd Atlanta coming down into 10A off the back straight!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Just ordered the R5 fronts from @Unity Performance for an upcoming Road Atlanta track day.
I ran Atlanta Motorsports Park recently with stock pads, rotors, lines, and Motul RBF 600.
Held up really well for basically stock but definitely ate up the front pads. I'm thinking the R5 will do the trick for the higher braking speed needs at Rd Atlanta coming down into 10A off the back straight!
Thanks for the support, brother!! Looking forward to your review of the pads :)

The Acuity Stage 1 Kit will also add to the already good factory shifter feel!

R24936

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 CW
Country flag
Can anyone confirm the compatibility of the Paragon front rotor ring with the Girodisc hat? My Giros' lifespan has been shorter than expected, and I want to give the Paragons a shot.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Can anyone confirm the compatibility of the Paragon front rotor ring with the Girodisc hat? My Giros' lifespan has been shorter than expected, and I want to give the Paragons a shot.
Hey Christian, Paragon confirmed that this won't work

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Just installed, bled, and bedded in the R5...wow. The stock pads were not bad but I can tell just from the break in that these are going to be a game changer. I'm definitely going to be much more confident at Road Atlanta this Sunday!

battledog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Country flag
Did 6 or 7 tracks days with the R5/P3 combo and just replaced them yesterday. They could probably survive 1 more day, but rather not risk it. Love the setup and purchased the same pads again.

Edit: Rotors are still looking good.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Had Project Mu B Forces on since June of this year. Did about 4 events that consisted of 3 HPDE and 1 autocross with 20 or so runs. Pad life on the front was probably 50% but the compound was cracked all around.

Swapped the fronts out to GLOC R10, 2 HPDE events on them and am loving them so far. Rear B-Forces are at about 30-40% life. Ill run them for another 1 or 2 events next year. I'll likely be replacing the rear rotors with stoptechs and GLOC R10s and the fronts to Paragon rotors with GLOC R10s for daily/autocross use and swap them wtih R16 for track use. Ill pair this with Motful RBF600 fluid. On stock lines for now.

Plan is to try and hit up 3 different tracks next year, with Road America hopefully being one of them.

chester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
In @Lust's first post, they showed the picture below. I can't figure this out. Is 0 good, or is 10 good? It seems logical to me that the P2 (yellow) street pads would have low effectiveness and initial bite, but would also give the longest rotor and pad life. The graph doesn't show that.

Does a theoretically perfect brake pad score 10's everywhere? It seems to me it scores 0's for rotor and pad life, but 10's everywhere else?

Honda Civic 10th gen Let’s Talk Brake Upgrades for Track Use resources.JPG

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
In @Lust's first post, they showed the picture below. I can't figure this out. Is 0 good, or is 10 good? It seems logical to me that the P2 (yellow) street pads would have low effectiveness and initial bite, but would also give the longest rotor and pad life. The graph doesn't show that.

Does a theoretically perfect brake pad score 10's everywhere? It seems to me it scores 0's for rotor and pad life, but 10's everywhere else?

resources.JPG
10 is "highest" i.e. 10 in Effectiveness means "most effective" whereas 10 in Rotor Life means "longest life"
Its definitely confusing since one would "assume" the R7 full race pad would actually decrease rotor life...however that's not the case (according to Paragon).

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag

10 is good, 0 is bad. (usually, see below)

Physics generally means you can not get 10s on everything.
My understanding is that usually Pad Life, Bite, & Effectiveness are inversely related to Rotor Life. Which would make me think the Rotor Life values would be inverted from what they are...

chester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I did some reading on the Paragon website. Here's an important finding:

R7 Compound:
The R7 “Maximum Friction Track / Competition” compound is a full race compound with maximum coefficient of friction. With higher stopping power and maximum effective operating temperature, the R7 compound is ideal for advanced high speed track events, competitions, and heavier cars that require maximum braking performance. Good modulation and release characteristics. Excellent pad and rotor life. Higher fade resistance compared to the R5 compound, with solid pedal feel throughout the effective temperature range.​

This agrees with what REDRAGN said. This definitely goes against my intuition. I guess my next question would be "Why run anything but R7 for track days?". They're slightly behind in modulation, but they win in every other category.

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
10 is "highest" i.e. 10 in Effectiveness means "most effective" whereas 10 in Rotor Life means "longest life"
I did some reading on the Paragon website. Here's an important finding:

R7 Compound:
The R7 “Maximum Friction Track / Competition” compound is a full race compound with maximum coefficient of friction. With higher stopping power and maximum effective operating temperature, the R7 compound is ideal for advanced high speed track events, competitions, and heavier cars that require maximum braking performance. Good modulation and release characteristics. Excellent pad and rotor life. Higher fade resistance compared to the R5 compound, with solid pedal feel throughout the effective temperature range.​

This agrees with what REDRAGN said. This definitely goes against my intuition. I guess my next question would be "Why run anything but R7 for track days?". They're slightly behind in modulation, but they win in every other category.
I think case for NOT running the R7 would be conditions like: new driver who is not super smooth on the brakes, limited tire or surface grip (wet), and possibly it someone did not want to switch pads from Street to Track.

Otherwise they seem like my next step up from the R5!
Sponsored