Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
It appears that the easiest way to make more power is through a tune, even on a stock engine without bolt ons. Obviously the extra heat made by more power means an increase in the need for cooling but if that is under control, what should I look for in a tune? I am not looking to make more than 30-50 more than stock. Is that out of the question with a tune only? I run 94 octane all the time and can't run high ethanol for a number of reasons.

There appear to be a number of generic tunes from different manufacturers on the market including Hondata, K tuner and others. Would I be better going custom or just use one of these?
Sponsored

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
30-40 you are easily reach with just hondata or ktuner on a stock tune. No hardware needed.

If you want to go higher you can add flex fuel to get another 30 hp out of the stock hardware.

As far as I know it will creates more heat as you get more power. With ethanol you can run cooler than the normal fuel but I'm not sure how much of different.

Hondata or Ktuner with their map you will definitely get 30 min hp gain, custom tune can get about 50 or a bit more depends on tuner.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
It appears that the easiest way to make more power is through a tune, even on a stock engine without bolt ons. Obviously the extra heat made by more power means an increase in the need for cooling but if that is under control, what should I look for in a tune? I am not looking to make more than 30-50 more than stock. Is that out of the question with a tune only? I run 94 octane all the time and can't run high ethanol for a number of reasons.

There appear to be a number of generic tunes from different manufacturers on the market including Hondata, K tuner and others. Would I be better going custom or just use one of these?
I can do a custom tune for track , I really recommends bolts on , ( intercooler and downpipe , and full exhaust) these will help with the power consistency and temps . Send me a pm .
Sponsored