Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
After a two-day HPDE event, my stock brake pads for both front and rear are down to 4 mm. And I replaced them a couple of months ago and put on them may be 1500 miles (mostly highway). An instructor who followed me told me I use the brakes too much and I get hard on them. I'm also not confident enough yet to completely turn off traction control, and that eats the rear brake pads like candy.

So it's time to upgrade before the next track day. I wanted to try Project Mu Club Racers but the rear pads are on national backorder with months wait.

I'm going to install the Endless CC-Rg for the front and back with the Project Mu brake fluid. They are significantly more expensive than other brands. We'll see how it goes in my next track day.

Does any one have experience with Endless in general or the CC-Rg in particular?
Sponsored

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
Do you guys perform a bedding procedure for your track pads? It seems to be an involved procedure (example from Pagid). Endless seems to need one as well with a possible use of pyrometer to make sure the pads got into a certain temperature (400c).

What would be the consequences if you didn't do it or didn't do it to the letter?

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Do you guys perform a bedding procedure for your track pads? It seems to be an involved procedure (example from Pagid). Endless seems to need one as well with a possible use of pyrometer to make sure the pads got into a certain temperature (400c).

What would be the consequences if you didn't do it or didn't do it to the letter?
So if possible, follow the manufactures specs. But that Pagid example would be hard to follow!

I have always bedded in my pads to the rotors, even on truck and street cars. I simply perform a few progressive braking sequences to get everything up to temp and transfer the materials. For example:

2 or 3 30mph to a near stop
2 or 3 60mph to a near stop
2 or 3 High pressure braking events to really get the temp up

I'll just head out in the evenings when traffic is light and do this...then drive around until everything has a chance to cool down. Its that easy and no need to overthink it.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag

GLOC I believe, advertises their pads are "pre bedded" but I still decided to bed mine anyways.

3-4 30-10
3-4 45-10
4-5 60-10

Long drive on the highway afterwards without touching the brakes.

I would imagine if you dont bed your brakes well, they just wont stop as well as you would like.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
A bit off topic but still very relevant to brakes, do you grease the slider pins on your rear calipers for track use? I didn't notice any grease OEM but would have thought there would be some and using some high temp grease I would have thought would keep the pins free moving, especially when hot.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
A bit off topic but still very relevant to brakes, do you grease the slider pins on your rear calipers for track use? I didn't notice any grease OEM but would have thought there would be some and using some high temp grease I would have thought would keep the pins free moving, especially when hot.
I'm no expert, but no. I don't grease the front or rear. My understanding is the purpose of the grease is for noise, and that's not of concern to me. Plus, I don't know of any grease that can stand the temperature the front calipers get to.

20ls01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RRRRRRR
Country flag
have you guys notice brake fluid slowly slowly trailing out of the bleeder valves after a hard session?

My friend's 2020 supra does the same.....this is probably why the clear coat fails so quickly on our bbks. I wipe it down after each session.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
have you guys notice brake fluid slowly slowly trailing out of the bleeder valves after a hard session?

My supra friend has noticed the same.....this is probably why the clear coat fails so quickly on our bbks. I wipe it down after each session.
Ive noticed it once, but it really wasnt that much. The way ive seen clear coat fail on these calipers, im not sure if you can solely attribute it to leaking brake fluid though. The amount of fluid that would need to leak and cover the entire caliper would be pretty substantial..and it would be happening to a lot of people and I dont see that being the case, just my .02 though.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I'm no expert, but no. I don't grease the front or rear. My understanding is the purpose of the grease is for noise, and that's not of concern to me. Plus, I don't know of any grease that can stand the temperature the front calipers get to.
I agree, the front calipers certainly don't need any grease, anti-seize etc but I am used to using grease in slider pins on the rear, if not just to prevent corrosion. I do use a high temp ceramic brake caliper grease made by Permatex which they claim can handle 3000 F. I used to use it on my poorly built Corvette front brake slider pins with no issue but noticed the Honda rear calipers were completely dry from the factory.

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag

My friend's 2020 supra does the same.....this is probably why the clear coat fails so quickly on our bbks. I wipe it down after each session.
Yes...mine seems to leak a tiny bit under extreme heat...difference in caliper vs. bleeder metal materials and expansion rates I guess. But yes, the drivers side caliper is missing a ton of clear coat even with me trying to keep it clean...oh well.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag

A friend who I track with also ad this happen a couple of track days ago on his FK8. He bled and made sure they were tight and this past weekend he had no leak from it. So, maybe just make sure they are tight?

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
A friend who I track with also ad this happen a couple of track days ago on his FK8. He bled and made sure they were tight and this past weekend he had no leak from it. So, maybe just make sure they are tight?
pretty much most of the type r I see on the same track day has the fluid leak issue with hard tracking. guess it's probably the stock brembo issue, but not much of a problem since you just bleed it and screw tight again.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
pretty much most of the type r I see on the same track day has the fluid leak issue with hard tracking. guess it's probably the stock brembo issue, but not much of a problem since you just bleed it and screw tight again.
It hasn't happened to me, and I run harder than my friend. Hope you figure it out or it's stays no more than an annoyance.

OhioFK8

First Name
Chamrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type r, 2004 Honda Element
Country flag
Goodridge brake lines GDR-20039 front passenger brake lines rub. Does anybody else run the same line and have this issue? Are there any other brand brake lines that clear 18s no problem? I was told these would fit and clear and these were the updated versions. Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen Let’s Talk Brake Upgrades for Track Use Goodridge View 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Let’s Talk Brake Upgrades for Track Use Goodridge View 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Let’s Talk Brake Upgrades for Track Use Goodridge View 3

Honda Civic 10th gen Let’s Talk Brake Upgrades for Track Use Goodridge.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Let’s Talk Brake Upgrades for Track Use passenger

Honda Civic 10th gen Let’s Talk Brake Upgrades for Track Use drivers

Last edited:

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag

it's from the rem brake fluid during bleeding or simply just rem. Think about the valve or bleeder's construction. Once you tighten the screw/valve, fluid can still be trapped in the valve or threads. Fluid gets in between when you're bleeding. When you're driving hard you heat up your brake system causing the extra fluid to come out. Once those extras come out, it should stop or you just wipe off that trail. You got other problems if it keeps coming out...o_O
Sponsored