Hatchback Sport - needs premium fuel for 180hp

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Is that for both the manual and CVT Sport trims? Yea, that kinda sucks. I'm guessing you could still use 87 safely, but wouldn't be able to take advantage of the added HP. To be honest with you though, for the CVT Sport, it'd be nearly pointless, because when you take into account the larger wheels, the added HP's only benefit is bringing the car back on par with the other trims as far as speed go. Just as we've seen with the 2016s, where the EX-T is two tenths faster than the touring with the bigger wheels.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
For 6 HP? So dumb.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I'll stick with regular and give up 6hp.
Unless you plan on modding, it's not worth it. You're not losing anything. The Sport 6speed may be faster, but there won't be any difference between the Sport w/ CVT, and the other trims w/CVTs, even with the added HP, in regards to performance/speed.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If Honda had put a little more effort in, this thing would have been a knockout. As more details come out, more and more disappointment.

Overhyped.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Please remember that there is a sport category and a performance category. I don't think the sport is intended for performance.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
Is premium required for the additional 15lbft of torque? That would have a greater impact

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know why people thought the 'sport' actually meant an actual sporty car in Civic but okay..anyways, premium fuel isn't a requirement or a must but it brings out the most optimized performance for your Civic. I thought this was obvious by now.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Still, honestly the power numbers this thing put out shouldn't require premium. I understand when something like a GTI or Focus ST needs premium. Those engines have 40-50 more horsepower. In this application, it seems ridiculous.

This along with the weird trim options. Come on Honda, you can't get a manual hatch with a sunroof? Or heated side mirrors. Or Carplay? The 2017 sedan and coupe EX-T will offer that.

Hatchback is a bit of a letdown.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Still, honestly the power numbers this thing put out shouldn't require premium. I understand when something like a GTI or Focus ST needs premium. Those engines have 40-50 more horsepower. In this application, it seems ridiculous.
Look at HP per liter.

Focus ST: 252 / 2 = 126HP/L
Civic Sport: 180 / 1.5 = 120HP/L

Those numbers are pretty similar.

Also, 6HP extra doesn't tell the whole story. 6HP is only the peak difference. You need to look at the torque curve than simply saying "it's only 6HP".

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
The Sport 6MT is looking more and more like the 10th gen Si sedan/coupe's powertrain. If you think the hatch is a bit of a letdown...
Sponsored