Love my hatchback sport; needs less

• Thread starter Deleted member 3699
  • Start date
  • Watchers 14

Deleted member 3699

I do wish Honda took away a few options that are not consistent with "sporty".
Hill Assist, back up camera and all cameras (glad I can turn off the right turn one), Econ mode, brake assist and I definitely miss the handbrake.

I bought the car and I do love it.
These are just a few things I have notice over the last 6 weeks that I could do without, especially for the "sport" model. I also would prefer the redline area on the tach to be darker and easier to spot.

Anything you would opt out if it were an option?
Sponsored

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Brake hold is your best friend! I don't think you bought the Civic to race on a track...

Last edited:

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
hill assist- mandatory- would not do without. camera eh. there is really no tech on my lx hatch. cept that motor that is. and abs and traction control, air bags

edit- trip computer.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3699

No I don't want to track my car.
I think Honda's goal with the civic was to offer a lot of these great features that other automakers were incorporating into their base models. But for the sport* model I wish they opted out on the upper class options.
Hill assist? Not to sound snobby but it is strictly for people that don't know how to drive stick.
I don't think the options are bad, just unnecessary.
But then, I Also liked that the BRZ and FRS had a proper dial(?) tach/speedo and not a digital one. And I would be even more unimpressed if they included lane assist and the auto braking features.

Pls keep in mind I am talking to the other sport hatches out there. I would be disappointed if Honda loaded up the Si with these features.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3699

Back-up camera is mandated by law. If you want it gone, write a letter to your local congressperson.
Did not know they were mandatory by law. Guess I am not getting out of this one.

faukerss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 civic lx
Country flag
Hill assist? Not to sound snobby but it is strictly for people that don't know how to drive stick.
With an electric parking brake I think you need the hill assist. What would you do stopped on a steep hill with a car an inch behind you? I do agree that I'd prefer a normal parking brake and no hill assist though.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
90% or more of my 50 years of driving have been with a stick, i live on a nice seep hill most of that time. hill assist is just too nice. guess in my old age i turned into a pussy. no wait i still drive my 90 toyota 4x4, and my 69 nomad 3 on the tree. no i'm still a man.
i want as little tech as possible too, and that's for sure. this car with out any tech except engine control would be sweet.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
With an electric parking brake I think you need the hill assist. What would you do stopped on a steep hill with a car an inch behind you? I do agree that I'd prefer a normal parking brake and no hill assist though
i put the parking brakE on and then release as i take off(nice for the clutch ha), but no and then because the parking brakE disengages automatically, long as you have your seat belt on.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3699

I should just clarify that I didn't intend to say that these features don't provide value or that they are not useful....
My point was that if you have a "sport" model, that these things shouldn't be included as I think it takes away from the "sport" concept. I feel like my car shouldn't be called a "sport" with all these luxury features.

I am not trying to sound like an elitist either. I do like many features in a car. Heat and AC and some sound deadening materials. I want airbags and ABS and I must confess my love for the heated seats ;)
If I could control it, i would gut the things I listed above. I would also hope Honda doesn't turn the Si and Type R into luxury trims but maintain the sportiness and rawness that should be in sport models.

JS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000 , Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Good thing you didn't get the Touring model, I'd gladly give Honda my rain sensing wipers, wireless charger, and auto dimming rearview mirror for a $100 discount, those items are useless IMO.

I initially thought that the brake hold was a gimmick, but I have actually enjoyed it since getting used to it. I don't like electronic e-brakes, as I have them on each of my vehicles, I would rather have the good ol' handle.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3699

Good thing you didn't get the Touring model, I'd gladly give Honda my rain sensing wipers, wireless charger, and auto dimming rearview mirror for a $100 discount, those items are useless IMO.

I initially thought that the brake hold was a gimmick, but I have actually enjoyed it since getting used to it. I don't like electronic e-brakes, as I have them on each of my vehicles, I would rather have the good ol' handle.
Lol, maybe I should give the brake hold a real chance!

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
the R is the sport model hatch, your is slightly sporty hatch, you have a 6m after all.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Feel free to gut the car if thats what you want.

I feel like you are a diehard gearhead, here is the thing. People like you are rare. How rare you might ask? I visited 5-6 honda dealer for the period of 3 months to located my Red Hatchback sport. Out of all the cars I encounter, only 2 were stick shift 10th gen civic. Note that this is very populated orange county, CA . I had my gear head days, I actually daily drove a M3 with a 7 stage twin disc clutch with lightweight flywheel for about 6 months. The clutch chatter was so loud, a RX8 asked me does my car have threw rod...

For now, I love my leather steering wheel. I love all the extra buttons. I love all the extra features and the car is still under 3000lbs. why not?
Sponsored

Last edited: