Ever surprised by who you see driving an Si?

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I’ve seen more coupes than sedans and about an even split on a guy or woman. Most all have looked 30-40ish range. Not one has ever even looked at me. Bunch of people with the gear shift stuck up their

I see the typical boy racers in the Subaru’s, frs/brz, and hyundais. Those bastards ALWAYS want to play. Another Si, it’s like violins are playing and I’m being asked to pass the grey f-n poupon.
I hear ya, man. Every time I see someone driving another 10g Si those fuckers do not even glance at me.
Sponsored

Prelude2CivicX

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 6 Speed M/T, 2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport, 1997 Lexus SC300
Country flag
Im in SoCal and only seen dudes around my age of 30-40 driving Si's around here. Well actually Ive seen DamnGina from IG driving her Type R. Does that count? Lol

Last edited:

fg2kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 1991 Civic DX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love hearing about the variation in drivers. Cars like these bring a little bit of joy to the owner.

In Buffalo at least, it seems like an older crowd. I once came across a middle aged lady driving a white Si sedan with an aftermarket exhaust. She "raced" me from the light laughing all the way to 55 :drive: . For the record, I lost

laz's SI

First Name
Lazaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civi SI 4 door/ 2017 F-150
Country flag
I’m 48 and just picked up my Sedan SI , I love the car , I will put and exhaust, intake, computer and lower it , I used to own years back a 2003 SI with 420 whp

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just surprised to see another Si here, in a city of over 1.2 million I've seen maybe 3 other 10th gen Si's in the year I've had mine. CTRs are virtually fictional here haha.

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
I think the reason you see a surprising amount of older drivers in Si's is the transmission. Older folks grew up driving manuals. A large portion of the younger crowd has only driven automatics.
I think that's right. Also, some older folks gravitate toward cars that are inexpensive, reliable, practical, and SIMPLE. They don't want complicated infotainment, for example, and generally want to avoid hassle associated with their cars. And, with kids out of the house, they don't need an Accord or SUV. Many of them have probably been driving Hondas for decades, and the Civic lineup including the Si ticks many boxes for them. (Not that, you know, I resemble this demographic in any way...just putting it out there. :D)

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I’m 48 and just picked up my Sedan SI , I love the car , I will put and exhaust, intake, computer and lower it , I used to own years back a 2003 SI with 420 whp
hopefully not in that order

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
I think the reason you see a surprising amount of older drivers in Si's is the transmission. Older folks grew up driving manuals. A large portion of the younger crowd has only driven automatics.
THIS. I see a lot of older folks in Si. In California, I seee over 100 Si’s a week.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I live outside of Pittsburgh, PA and probably see at least 1 10th gen Si a week. I always make an attempt to try and wave, head nod, something to my fellow Si drivers. Well I gotta say, I have been thoroughly surprised by the people I see driving them Lol. The last 6ish have all been ladies from 19-24ish (guesstimate), before that was a 70+ year old guy in the coupe, and even a few moms! I honestly havent seen a young guy driving an Si in a couple months. Has anyone else noticed this?! Absolutely no disrespect to the ladies and older folks!!!! :) I think its awesome that just about anyone from any demographic is attracted to our beautiful cars, just still always surprises me! Anyone else ever see unexpected drivers behind the wheel of our cars?? Happy wednesday folks!
I know one 64 year old owner of an SI. He's on here a lot. Hint, he drives a '17 Aegean Blue SI.

That said, there are some younger drivers - not nearly enough - that can still use three pedals, so all hope is not lost.

Still, way too many new performance / sports cars are no longer offering a manual option. Looking at you, Corvette and Supra.
And Stinger. And...you get the idea.

There are lots of expensive thrill rides. Also lots of cheap, boring cars.

But inexpensive, practical cars that are still a thrill to drive? With a great six speed manual?

Short list, and the SI is on the top. That is why it has resonated with a lot of people across various demographics.

jacobzl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
There's a CTR that lives 200-300 yards from me in another neighborhood, the guy who drives it kinda looks like he belongs in a WRX, I didn't see his vape but i'm sure he had it at the ready.... There's one other SI in town and it's driven by a 30yo+ male, but there are A LOT of 10th gen hatchback sports around, they're wildly popular here

bikebit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 White Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've observed another Si twice in my neck of the woods, and both were driven by an older guy. As an older(ish) guy myself, that makes it 3 for 3 :) I think the manual is a deterrent for a lot of younger drivers.

As a side note, I've seen more CTRs than Si's around here.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I fit the "older guy" demographic and I've owned mostly manuals. With my 10th gen Civic, I went with a CVT EX-L turbo. I was considering an SI but back in early '17 they were hard to find around here. I do like my car though, especially with the TSP tune and some suspension mods I have. But...

I think I'd lean towards an 11th gen Si as my next car. I miss the control of a manual and the Si would be so much better in the twisties than my EX-L.

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I haven't seen many in my area. Maybe 2 or 3 10th gen from what I remember. But i am in my early 40's and this is my first Honda and I am enjoying it, still getting use to the FWD.

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
YES, just today I was shocked by what I saw. This old guy, must have been 68, white hair, listening to AC/DC and driving a bright yellow Si coupe. I asked myself if he was trying to act younger or was he simply enjoying life. The answer came quick. I pulled down my sun visor, opened the mirror and looked that old man in the eye and said--- both !!!
With that I put her 3rd gear and pulled onto the freeway with a big smile on my face.
Sponsored