Do you ever get creeped out by the attention?

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks bud. Funnily enough, a guy driving an Acura TL came over when I was coming out of a restaurant last night and wanted to talk about the car. Haha. I guess only Honda people care about Hondas. Fair enough.

p.s. still stock wheels for now, but 20mm Garageline spaces do help a bit.
nono you get me wrong, I enjoy that, just consider it a plus.

I have never had anyone approach me at all about the Si :(
Sponsored

Weeks

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not saying everyone that drive a truck is bad some need them for their business I’ve driven 20’ box truck (had cdl didn’t renew it) but some that has to spend 60k plus for a big 4x4 pickup to go to McDonald’s for their senior coffee those are the ones a soon as they see a Japanese car they have to run you off the road and throw stuff at you. I lived in New York for 46 years and drove for 30 plus it was crowded and a lot of traffic and I hated the taxes and construction and weather but I’ve never gotten run off the road or something thrown at. I’ve asked some of these guys why did you buy a 4x4 in Florida I get a blank look.
Btw when I see a SI it’s usually a older gentleman driving it (mostly a sedan)

Yup. The SI's that I've seen are usually driven by guys my age or thereabouts (I'm 39). It's just a fun car that livens up an otherwise dreary commute. It's comfortable, doesn't hurt my back, and more importantly didn't hurt the bank account too badly.

Maleton3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (Tonic Yellow Pearl)
Country flag
I have the Tonic Yellow Color, According to the Dealership it was one of only two in all of New England currently registered (No idea if thats true or not, but hey, we'll go with it) so It gets a lot of attention, especially in Boston since I have yet to see another one here yet. and it does border on creepy from time to time. Last week I was in a parking lot and a guy from across the street stopped and started taking photos of me and the car which was a little odd. Most times though people are super great about it, the Tonic Yellow color is very divisive but I've gotten Thumbs Up from other drivers on the Mass Pike, and in general just compliments about the color and car.

But if any of y'all ever see a Tonic Yellow Si in Boston, Or on the Mass Pike, theres a good chance its me so stop by and say hi!

Also: To the guy in the red Si i always see in Boston, idk if you read this forum man, but always good to see ya on the road lmao. Keep waving.

Last edited:

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Yesterday, I was driving the r around my local roads and a really nice red s2000 (not sure of the year since it had a aftermarket body kit but it was highly modded, bubble top and all) and the driver was keeping pace with me in the left lane slightly behind me. I could see him filming me from my rear view mirror. This went on for about a mile and a half (or seemed like that long) and it wasn't sure what to do. Eventually he got next to me and we exchanged thumbs and smiles. It's was weird and uncomfortable until we exchanged thumbs and went our separate ways. Also funny, when we were next to each other, a 370z sped up and weaved to get just behind us. I guess he thought we were going for it. We didn't lol

CoupeSoup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yesterday, I was driving the r around my local roads and a really nice red s2000 (not sure of the year since it had a aftermarket body kit but it was highly modded, bubble top and all) and the driver was keeping pace with me in the left lane slightly behind me. I could see him filming me from my rear view mirror. This went on for about a mile and a half (or seemed like that long) and it wasn't sure what to do. Eventually he got next to me and we exchanged thumbs and smiles. It's was weird and uncomfortable until we exchanged thumbs and went our separate ways. Also funny, when we were next to each other, a 370z sped up and weaved to get just behind us. I guess he thought we were going for it. We didn't lol
I do miss my AP1 S2000 and always stare when I see a nice one roll by...though...whenever I see a Type R it's more of a "Whoa a Type R!" kind of reaction lol

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People really do shit like that? Worst I would do it brake check someone. I’m never going any slower than 5 over the speed limit, so there is no reason to be on my ass. I can’t believe some people are so bored with their lives that they would take the time to complain on a neighborhood app.
Here’s a sample from the App. Welcome to Suburbia.:rolleyes::banghead:

Honda Civic 10th gen Do you ever get creeped out by the attention? 908194C7-931B-40F5-A932-4314B8A03C7A

Honda Civic 10th gen Do you ever get creeped out by the attention? D74C2091-E471-498B-B0AC-10D59651B372

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
And theses are the drivers that makes other drivers to have road rage

lol get the number plate and do what? call the cops? lol

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Here’s a sample from the App. Welcome to Suburbia.:rolleyes::banghead:

908194C7-931B-40F5-A932-4314B8A03C7A.jpeg

D74C2091-E471-498B-B0AC-10D59651B372.jpeg
:rofl:
Wow.
Bored housewives with nothing better to do(who probably need to get laid in a non missionary way)
I would pass anyway and not care if I got blasted, but I’m a bitch like that.
Edit: I’m not a non caring young adult either. I am a parent myself. Just not bored with myself.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had a new'ish Jeep GC get next to me in the r, paced me for a second, then floored it. I had my daughter with me (on the way to art class) and we both laughed at the silliness.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Had a new'ish Jeep GC get next to me in the r, paced me for a second, then floored it. I had my daughter with me (on the way to art class) and we both laughed at the silliness.
Beware the screamer Jeep GC. I don't remember which version but I sat in one that had like a 454 or something crazy in it. (Probably wasn't a 454, but some giant engine that was likely to do 0-60 in around 4 seconds, in a Jeep.)

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
Road Rage puts everyone in danger and can kill people. There is no excuse for people that cannot control their actions on either side of the coin, but even less of of an excuse for people that let their anger escalate to the point where they want to hurt or end up killing people.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Beware the screamer Jeep GC. I don't remember which version but I sat in one that had like a 454 or something crazy in it. (Probably wasn't a 454, but some giant engine that was likely to do 0-60 in around 4 seconds, in a Jeep.)
Yeah, it was definitely loud for sure. And the srt jeeps or track Hawks or whatever are fast. I don't think this was one of those but I didn't really get a good look at badging. When people do this, it screams "I'm lonely and insecure so pay attention to me". The desperation seems sad.
Sponsored