Do you ever get creeped out by the attention?

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Beware the screamer Jeep GC. I don't remember which version but I sat in one that had like a 454 or something crazy in it. (Probably wasn't a 454, but some giant engine that was likely to do 0-60 in around 4 seconds, in a Jeep.)
Yeah unfortunately it’s a Chrysler product it’ll do 4 seconds the first round 0-60 and break down the 2nd round
Sponsored

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
What attention? I've only seen a couple other SIs in my area but nobody seems to care about the car at all. Only attention I've noticed is a couple guys pointing out the ridiculous fake vents as they walked past at Cars and Coffee.

Creeped out by attention would have been when I had my e30 318is. People would stop to wave, chat up at red lights, parking lots, everywhere. That car drew a crowd and it was pretty much a POS, just had a cult following.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
What attention? I've only seen a couple other SIs in my area but nobody seems to care about the car at all. Only attention I've noticed is a couple guys pointing out the ridiculous fake vents as they walked past at Cars and Coffee..
Was gonna say the same thing, lol. I love my car but kinda bummed it blends in with all the boring old lady cars - if I parked next to an Altima and a 90s Buick the same color, no one would notice mine.

The front end looks pretty good with a lip added, but I don't know what I could ever do to the back to make it stand out more in a good way. :(

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The way I see it, the only reason the Si "blends in" (particularly the sedan) is because the Civic itself is so commonplace. Let's be honest, if the Si was the only Civic to receive the 2016 styling changes it would look almost exotic on North American roads. 10th-gen Civics are instantly recognizable and don't look like anything else on the road, but ironically, their popularity over the last few years has allowed them to stand out less simply because there are so many of them. So, Si owners who wish they were more noticeable are the victims of the 10th-gen Civic's success.
On the flip side take the new GLI for example, it's competing in the same market as the Si, but looks much less unique not only compared to other Volkswagens (and even Audis), but also appears much more generic as a whole and I'm guessing will blend in with most other sedans on the road.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
The way I see it, the only reason the Si "blends in" (particularly the sedan) is because the Civic itself is so commonplace. Let's be honest, if the Si was the only Civic to receive the 2016 styling changes it would look almost exotic on North American roads. 10th-gen Civics are instantly recognizable and don't look like anything else on the road, but ironically, their popularity over the last few years has allowed them to stand out less simply because there are so many of them. So, Si owners who wish they were more noticeable are the victims of the 10th-gen Civic's success.
On the flip side take the new GLI for example, it's competing in the same market as the Si, but looks much less unique not only compared to other Volkswagens (and even Audis), but also appears much more generic as a whole and I'm guessing will blend in with most other sedans on the road.
Fully agree. The VW styling is so bland and terrible to me. For a cheap car, the 10th gen Civics are pretty good looking IMO.
Sponsored