Do you ever get creeped out by the attention?

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I wouldn’t say I get creeped out by the attention, but Iv grown used to and flattered by the attention my red Si coupe gets. I’ve gotten so many compliments and long looks that I’ve lost count or don’t care to notice anymore.
My last compliment was at the gas station, where a flatbed tow-truck driver towing a late model BMW walked passed me and said “nice car”

CoupeSoup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I don't get creeped out by the attention most of the time. Though, it's been broken into already and I've only had the car for 2 months so I'd say that kind of attention definitely creeps me out.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So far the attention has been pretty positive. I see a lot of people do double takes or stop and walk around the car in parking lots. Did have a guy in a 9th gen si try and race me but I pulled away and he just couldn't keep up. He thought my car was heavily modded because his car with an intake and exhaust couldn't keep up but I haven't installed any power mods yet.. lol

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get no attention because I drive an Si sedan :(
you sir, are a liar- i refuse to believe a gorgeous pearl white si with red honda badges and what looked like aftermarket wheels isnt appreciated by SOMEONE in the oncoming lane.

if not, then I'm giving you attention. Be creeped out.

Fr tho- Slick car my guy

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
SI was always ment to be a coupe ,leave the foor doors for the touring model., Some times i write on the go I'm from PR but born and raised in new york city
yes it was meant to be a coupe, but the 10th gen sedan is so gorgeous (opinion) that from now on it's meant to be anything but a hatchback (i really am not into the whole type R thing...who thought 300+ hp with FWD was a good idea. let the evo/sti/R32 VW have that market...)

actually is the type R an Si or its own thing? i really dont know

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Do you have a type r , if you don't then maybe you test drive one .

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you sir, are a liar- i refuse to believe a gorgeous pearl white si with red honda badges and what looked like aftermarket wheels isnt appreciated by SOMEONE in the oncoming lane.

if not, then I'm giving you attention. Be creeped out.

Fr tho- Slick car my guy
Thanks bud. Funnily enough, a guy driving an Acura TL came over when I was coming out of a restaurant last night and wanted to talk about the car. Haha. I guess only Honda people care about Hondas. Fair enough.

p.s. still stock wheels for now, but 20mm Garageline spaces do help a bit.

RonSwanson's

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've got a Blue HB sport and I used to drive full size trucks. It seems any sporty car, 4cyc, to V8 wants to race or rev at me. I find it funny as I bought this for the gas milaege & the looks. I just wish it sounded mean like my straight piped turbo Sonic I had.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In my area,, the negative attention i get is passive-aggressive. The soccer mom's see a hot looking red car and just assume that I'm going to drive too fast. So they will deliberately slow down we!l below the speed limit and drag out their turns.

This has only been going on since I got my Si, never had the issue with my ExT.

I am very careful to not piss them off, my RED 5 plate is unmistakable and they will get on the My Neighborhood app and publicly shame you.

jjm0315

Maximum effort
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
In my area,, the negative attention i get is passive-aggressive. The soccer mom's see a hot looking red car and just assume that I'm going to drive too fast. So they will deliberately slow down we!l below the speed limit and drag out their turns.

This has only been going on since I got my Si, never had the issue with my ExT.

I am very careful to not piss them off, my RED 5 plate is unmistakable and they will get on the My Neighborhood app and publicly shame you.
People really do shit like that? Worst I would do it brake check someone. I’m never going any slower than 5 over the speed limit, so there is no reason to be on my ass. I can’t believe some people are so bored with their lives that they would take the time to complain on a neighborhood app.
Sponsored