What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

robertk328

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Wash and cleaned the inside real well. Got the sunburn on my head to prove it! Should have worn my hat ?

robertk328

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
27won intake - done, love it.

also, just trying out these little 1/4 window louver things... I saw them in person on a hatch and thought they looked cool. Couple bucks on eBay

F6D83C98-5B0B-47A5-BBF5-63FAAF4D5EDA.jpeg

73D0E191-CCA0-47C4-846D-0A986F346A25.jpeg
Might have to try those louvres, didn’t have any luck with the blackout on the chrome for my window visors. Think I can make the front work. But that big piece I tried several times. Could just buy the pieces in black but at $100/each I’ll live with it!

Kingtut1994

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si coupe, 2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Got my new badges in from my Honda dealer! New mods in the works:

-Greddy supreme exhaust or Borla (can't decide)
-KTuner V2
-eibach front and rear sway bar
-eibach lowering springs
-clutchmaster fx400 kit
-MAP air intake housing
-Morimoto led headlights
-opt7 or SpecD tail lights
-duckbill spoiler
-new grille
-haven't decided which ones but a splitter, diffuser, and side skirts

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20210529_183030109~2

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
Got my new badges in from my Honda dealer! New mods in the works:

-Greddy supreme exhaust or Borla (can't decide)
-KTuner V2
-eibach front and rear sway bar
-eibach lowering springs
-clutchmaster fx400 kit
-MAP air intake housing
-Morimoto led headlights
-opt7 or SpecD tail lights
-duckbill spoiler
-new grille
-haven't decided which ones but a splitter, diffuser, and side skirts

PXL_20210529_183030109~2.jpg
That looks really sharp.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
27won intake - done, love it.

also, just trying out these little 1/4 window louver things... I saw them in person on a hatch and thought they looked cool. Couple bucks on eBay
Curious as to what kinda of sounds you get coming from the engine now? You get a fwoosh on letting off throttle and a nice purr on acceleration?

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Curious as to what kinda of sounds you get coming from the engine now? You get a fwoosh on letting off throttle and a nice purr on acceleration?
Honestly it’s barely noticeable unless you’re letting off a hard accel, then you get a good woosh

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A follow up to my previous post on the installation of the Caruse Design V2 Ducktail...

When I installed it, I did like so many others do, and got 3M VHB to replace the no-brand tape it came with. Unfortunately, they don't easily specify THICKNESS of VHB, but I knew I wanted 1" wide, so I ordered number 5925. It was way thinner than what came with the spoiler, but I went for it anyway.

The next morning, the wings over the turn signals had popped up, and there were gaps everywhere. Plus it was loose in the front, and didn't seem to be fully attached. I thought it was due to an alignment issue, so I was determined to try again.

This time I bought 3M 5952 (not a conscious decision). It was at least 2x as thick. When I test fit the spoiler, I knew the wings didn't sit all the way down, and forcing them to try was part of what went wrong the first time. As with the first time, I laid the thicker tape in 3 rows across the main spoiler, but instead of following the Caruse-provided pattern on the turn signal segment, I only laid tape along the outer edge, then I doubled the tape along the front edge (see graphic below). I felt that if I tried to seat the rear of the wing over the tail light sections, that it would start to fight against the front until one of them gave.

This really did the trick! There are no (apparent) gaps, and the spoiler feels much more secure than the fist try.

I do have to ding Caruse for the fitment a little because the wings don't perfectly align over the tail light sections, but it is livable for the overall spoiler look.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) Caruse Tape Graphic

Pistl_Pete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I swapped out the stock bulbs in my taillights for LEDs. Backing up at night is definitely easier now. Sadly I damaged a clip on one light. It’s still secured but I might look into gorilla gluing the piece that broke or just getting a replacement clip. Then I took it out to have an excuse to back in in the dark. Got a few good pulls in with the phearable map 2 too. Apologies for the not so great pics. My GF is not much of a photographer

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 52B32694-2C20-462B-8E33-B47CEF8C95BC

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 196B4A35-722D-4602-B909-3D96474E5F28