What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
I tried to swap my steering steering wheel. I've done it twice to the Focus and Escape. I thought the hex screw would be the biggest hurdle. Instead, it's the ground screw for the steering wheel controls. My attempts have caused me to strip the screw. Now I'm figuratively screwed.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220905_140813
Sponsored

peterZ

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried to swap my steering steering wheel. I've done it twice to the Focus and Escape. I thought the hex screw would be the biggest hurdle. Instead, it's the ground screw for the steering wheel controls. My attempts have caused me to strip the screw. Now I'm figuratively screwed.
20220905_140813.jpg
you may need something like these easy-outs. I had some older ones and they haven't failed me yet. you will need a new screw though.
https://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Indust...=sr_1_4?keywords=Ez+Out&qid=1662406933&sr=8-4

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
20220905_140813.jpg
If you have enough room to cut a slot in the top of the screw, and try a flatblade screwdriver.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not exactly to the car, but related.
I decorated my helmet for Autocross, though I haven't been going for a while. Someday I shall return in style:cool:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220905_174922
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220905_174957
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220905_183131

"Honda Racing" I believe I ordered it from Yahoo Auction JP, someone printed that.

While doing it, I asked myself, "Would this make it inappropriate to wear when I'm driving my Mitsubishi?", then the example of DK driving all sorts of cars while wearing the Modulo suit came to my mind (He's like an develop drivier for Modulo), it'll be fine lol
I should worry about my driving skills before worrying this:banghead:

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not exactly to the car, but related.
I decorated my helmet for Autocross, though I haven't been going for a while. Someday I shall return in style:cool:
20220905_174922.jpg
20220905_174957.jpg
20220905_183131.jpg

"Honda Racing" I believe I ordered it from Yahoo Auction JP, someone printed that.

While doing it, I asked myself, "Would this make it inappropriate to wear when I'm driving my Mitsubishi?", then the example of DK driving all sorts of cars while wearing the Modulo suit came to my mind (He's like an develop drivier for Modulo), it'll be fine lol
I should worry about my driving skills before worrying this:banghead:
ā€˜Some say he swapped a K20 into his L15 to supercharge his H22 in order to turbocharge his B18!ā€™ šŸ¤”

All we know is heā€™s called the Honda Stig!

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
20220905_140813.jpg

Update.

Sweidit Type R steering wheel swap is complete (sorry for the dirty interior)! Basic black never looked better.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20220905_193600

Complete with the 17-18 Si lower garnish.

I followed this tutorial, complete with paddle removal!

I asked a friendly neighbor(who is far more mechanically inclined than me) if they can remove the stripped screw. It took less than 15 seconds for them to extract the screw with vice grips. Though thank you @peterZ and @Civics4Ever for your suggestions. When it came time to the steering wheel controls, I only broke one clip that was promptly glued back. The stripped screw still works, I just need to replace it sooner rather than later. So far, my only worry is if I torqued the airbag and steering wheel screws well. Yes I used a torque wrench for both and followed the guidelines.

*Word of warning for CVT Sport owners, the paddles use the same type of screw as the grounding screw. This time, I used WD-40 and a electric screw driver to remove them. Mercifully, I was able to save the screws this time. Why I didn't use WD-40 for the ground screw, I don't know.
Just in case you strip it, here's the part number: 93893-04012-07

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
*Word of warning for CVT Sport owners, the paddles use the same type of screw as the grounding screw. This time, I used WD-40 and a electric screw driver to remove them. Mercifully, I was able to save the screws this time. Why I didn't use WD-40 for the ground screw, I don't know.
They are not traditional Philips head screws. They are the Japanese equivalent known as JIS, and you can tell by the 'dot' on the head of the screw. They look the same but are not - the head of a Philips screwdriver is more pointed, the JIS is slightly rounded. So when you use a Philips screwdriver, it will not completely engage the screw head.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update.

Sweidit Type R steering wheel swap is complete (sorry for the dirty interior)! Basic black never looked better.
20220905_193600.jpg

Complete with the 17-18 Si lower garnish.

I followed this tutorial, complete with paddle removal!

I asked a friendly neighbor(who is far more mechanically inclined than me) if they can remove the stripped screw. It took less than 15 seconds for them to extract the screw with vice grips. Though thank you @peterZ and @Civics4Ever for your suggestions. When it came time to the steering wheel controls, I only broke one clip that was promptly glued back. The stripped screw still works, I just need to replace it sooner rather than later. So far, my only worry is if I torqued the airbag and steering wheel screws well. Yes I used a torque wrench for both and followed the guidelines.

They are not traditional Philips head screws. They are the Japanese equivalent known as JIS

To elaborate on this, they also have a different profile than Philips.

The centers don't flare out as much as Philips so they strip

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 84494

I encountered this building rc cars and have this just for them

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) markup_9682

nohbdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SĆ­
Country flag
Hi, new guy here. Recently put in Eibach pro springs and Enkei TS-V

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) PXL_20220827_204222216_2

Oops. I did a lot recently. I couldn't put it all in one post apparently?

P3 V2 Gauge install. Pretty simple, Since EX doesn't come with boost gauge, this helps.
Gauge Link

I also change cloths to leather, center console, Shift knob and Door rest. Don't have picture of doorrest, gonna have to believe me on that lol.

There is a forum here for the insight part numbers for the center console. I ended up buying Hatchback touring door rests since they insight ones don't fit. Parts numbers incase someone wants.

recently Detailed my engine bay in 5 years. That was nice to do. I did the engine bay side panel covers as well. Just to make it look cleaner.

Hopefully I never take this bumper off again hehe.

54130-TBA-L83ZA​
Knob Set, Select *NH869L* (Leather) (Grand Bonheur Silver)​

83416-TXM-A11ZA​
Armrest Assembly, L Console *NH900L* (Leather) (Deep Black)​
$25.09​
1​
$25.09​
83441-TXM-A01ZA​
Armrest Assembly *NH900L* (Leather) (Deep Black)​
$48.88​
1​
$48.88​
83411-TXM-A11ZA​
Armrest Assembly, R Console *NH900L* (Leather) (Deep Black)​
$25.09​
1​
$25.09​

83554-TGG-A61ZA​
Armrest Assembly, L Front Door Lining *NH900L* (Leather) (Deep Black)​
$27.72​
1​
$27.72​
83504-TGG-A61ZA​
2017-2018 Civic Armrest Assembly, R Front Door Lining *NH900L* (Leather) (Deep Black)​
$27.72​
1​
$27.72​

20220707_194010-min.jpg
20220702_184033-min.jpg
20220626_102604-min.jpg
I have the P3 V3 on mine, what setting do you have it to show negative boost pressure? Or do you have a different sensor installed?

RANDYLAUJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC EX HATCHBACK
Country flag
Hi, new guy here. Recently put in Eibach pro springs and Enkei TS-V

PXL_20220827_204222216_2.jpg

I have the P3 V3 on mine, what setting do you have it to show negative boost pressure? Or do you have a different sensor installed?
Hey I was wondering the same thing. I reached out to them and got this as an answer.

Thanks for contacting us. The reason you see almost no vacuum is because you are reading boost from your charge pipe sensor which is before your throttle body.

High vacuum is only created within the intake manifold (after the throttle body) as the throttle plate being closed is what causes the vacuum. Everything in front of the throttle plate just experiences near atmospheric pressure at idle.

Imagine it like you are breathing through a straw and you pinch the straw in the middle with your fingers... (your fingers are the throttle plate and your mouth is the engine)
- everything between your fingers and your mouth will be under vacuum
- everything between your fingers and the other end of the straw will be at atmospheric pressure
- as you open your fingers the pressures equalize as air can freely flow in

nohbdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SĆ­
Country flag
Hey I was wondering the same thing. I reached out to them and got this as an answer.

Thanks for contacting us. The reason you see almost no vacuum is because you are reading boost from your charge pipe sensor which is before your throttle body.

High vacuum is only created within the intake manifold (after the throttle body) as the throttle plate being closed is what causes the vacuum. Everything in front of the throttle plate just experiences near atmospheric pressure at idle.

Imagine it like you are breathing through a straw and you pinch the straw in the middle with your fingers... (your fingers are the throttle plate and your mouth is the engine)
- everything between your fingers and your mouth will be under vacuum
- everything between your fingers and the other end of the straw will be at atmospheric pressure
- as you open your fingers the pressures equalize as air can freely flow in
Damn, that was the same reply they gave me. I had thought you figured something out when I saw this photo. I guess it's a different readout?

slwkrt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX, 2022 Honda Navi
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Bought a big brake kit. Unfortunately TSP only sent me calipers, pads, lines and hardware. No rotors.

*EDIT: after some questionable responses from TSP over the issue, I've decided to return the kit since rotors won't ship in time for a scheduled event we originally were planning to attend (they assured me when I ordered the kit everything would meet this deadline). Confirmed with @27won that they had kits in stock. Getting a kit from them...should've just gone that route from the start.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 53886723-E56C-49C3-80EB-6B67BD39F0EA

Last edited: