Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Still fine tuning & testing the Hybrid Turbo at around 1.5 bar (21.7 psi) max boost.
This is the 1st run, so far so good & KTuner is handling it without any issues at all !
More to come at a later stage.

* reuploaded with the overlays*

someone asked about the dyno chart :
Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set 1596463483996
Sponsored

Last edited:

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Still fine tuning & testing the Hybrid Turbo at around 1.5 bar (21.7 psi) max boost.
This is the 1st run, so far so good & KTuner is handling it without any issues at all !

1596463483996.png
+18.3 PS increased in power and +49 NM increased in torque at the wheels is a solid result!

Are you using the race MAF that you are currently developing?

I wonder how durable a custom turbocharger compare to durability of turbocharger manufactured by well-known company such as Garret, MHI, Owen, etc.

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
+18.3 PS increased in power and +49 NM increased in torque at the wheels is a solid result!

Are you using the race MAF that you are currently developing?

I wonder how durable a custom turbocharger compare to durability of turbocharger manufactured by well-known company such as Garret, MHI, Owen, etc.
The increase was from previous stock turbo untuned on new turbo. Yes it's a decent bump in power & the pull is much nicer you can feel the power going up via butt dyno.

Yes I'm using the Race MAF I made. Just confirmed a second batch. It's just very simple but it works very well even without a heatshield & I found it to be more effective when the car is on the move.

OEM is always a better turbo no doubt. Owen is also pretty much hybrid. IMO anything can break even in stock form it depends on the driver himself best not to be overly aggressive or too much heavy abuse & obviously a proper tuning with the right tuning software like KTuner & really have to give them good credits + 2 thumbs up for the awesome support & help.

We know that this turbo can be pushed further by increasing boost but just at 1.5 bar with this power is awesome pretty much no lag like stock turbo & consider relatively still safe for stock internals. Maybe will push it further when the internals & spare engine arrives.

I've ordered few more sets of this turbo upgrade parts & making a few of them haha.

Sell your hondata & you'll not regret switching over to KTuner over here about 7 from hondata came to me switched over to KTuner & they're very happy with results.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The increase was from previous stock turbo untuned on new turbo. Yes it's a decent bump in power & the pull is much nicer you can feel the power going up via butt dyno.

Yes I'm using the Race MAF I made. Just confirmed a second batch. It's just very simple but it works very well even without a heatshield & I found it to be more effective when the car is on the move.

OEM is always a better turbo no doubt. Owen is also pretty much hybrid. IMO anything can break even in stock form it depends on the driver himself best not to be overly aggressive or too much heavy abuse & obviously a proper tuning with the right tuning software like KTuner & really have to give them good credits + 2 thumbs up for the awesome support & help.

We know that this turbo can be pushed further by increasing boost but just at 1.5 bar with this power is awesome pretty much no lag like stock turbo & consider relatively still safe for stock internals. Maybe will push it further when the internals & spare engine arrives.

I've ordered few more sets of this turbo upgrade parts & making a few of them haha.

Sell your hondata & you'll not regret switching over to KTuner over here about 7 from hondata came to me switched over to KTuner & they're very happy with results.
Interesting.

I received some info about turbocharger built by Pentagon. They have both the TD03 upgrade & ball bearing one. I’m currently collecting information about alternative turbocharger options.

if I join club run more frequently, I may need to make some upgrades. I still can keep up with faster cars with current tuning currently. Not that the car is fast or I’m good driver but the traffic is not ideal to run more than 220 kph. My current top speed is only 237 kph.

I’m also interested with your race MAF development & how it compares with PRL & 27Won race MAF. You may want to also develop turbo inlet for your turbo.I know BRD from Thailand selling turbo inlet.

I would switch to KTuner if I decide to upgrade to a bigger turbo just because I have more options in regards to reputable tuners for custom tunes with KTuner.

My car only peak at 20.4 psi & I always beat a Civic in our club with KTuner 21 PSI calibration. The car has similar mod as mine except for ECU tuning device, frontpipe (stock vs. mine 2.5 inch OD), & intake (cai vs mine stock). I’m good for now.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Interesting.

I received some info about turbocharger built by Pentagon. They have both the TD03 upgrade & ball bearing one. I’m currently collecting information about alternative turbocharger options.

if I join club run more frequently, I may need to make some upgrades. I still can keep up with faster cars with current tuning currently. Not that the car is fast or I’m good driver but the traffic is not ideal to run more than 220 kph. My current top speed is only 237 kph.

I’m also interested with your race MAF development & how it compares with PRL & 27Won race MAF. You may want to also develop turbo inlet for your turbo.I know BRD from Thailand selling turbo inlet.

I would switch to KTuner if I decide to upgrade to a bigger turbo just because I have more options in regards to reputable tuners for custom tunes with KTuner.

My car only peak at 20.4 psi & I always beat a Civic in our club with KTuner 21 PSI calibration. The car has similar mod as mine except for ECU tuning device, frontpipe (stock vs. mine 2.5 inch OD), & intake (cai vs mine stock). I’m good for now.
The turbo is NOT made by pentagon anyways just FYI. It does have their name on it though.

I don't like to compare too much but mine have been tested & it works just fine. Stock TIP works fine too as you can see from the video & dyno chart results why fix something that works perfectly & it ain't broken? Bigger does not always means better.

You are self custom tuned so it's a bit unfair to compare to a standard basemap calibration regardless of tuning softwares. Yes you are right on the boost part as I mentioned earlier more or bigger does not always = more or better.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
bro @arnoldo I think with 18 psi, and replace the stock intercooler, the engine will run the same as 21 psi with stock intercooler. Lower boost, cooler air, increase power and reliability. What you think?

Hahaha ikutan nimbrung bro

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The turbo is NOT made by pentagon anyways just FYI. It does have their name on it though.

I don't like to compare too much but mine have been tested & it works just fine. Stock TIP works fine too as you can see from the video & dyno chart results why fix something that works perfectly & it ain't broken? Bigger does not always means better.

You are self custom tuned so it's a bit unfair to compare to a standard basemap calibration regardless of tuning softwares. Yes you are right on the boost part as I mentioned earlier more or bigger does not always = more or better.
Yes. I'm sure the turbo is assembled by third party.

Agree about the stock tip. It appears that the stock tip works well with the turbo upgrade. Hopefully, you can share a bit about your race MAF development. :)

bro @arnoldo I think with 18 psi, and replace the stock intercooler, the engine will run the same as 21 psi with stock intercooler. Lower boost, cooler air, increase power and reliability. What you think?
Intercooler helps air charge temperature. Cold air charge temperature could result in ECU commanding a more advance timing, which might give slight bump of power. However, the difference would not be significant in tropical humid climate. The car with KTuner +21 PSI tune in our club has upgraded intercooler with upgraded charge pipe (PRL) and I'm only using Rev9 intercooler with stock charge pipe.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nic

Very nice bro !
What is the boost value? Engine power and torque? And did you install CVT Cooler?
Yeah I got a small cvt cooler installed.
Scroll up for data that you're looking for.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag

1596463483996.png
Wow !! 1.5 bar? Cool man ? that power 242 hp and 319 nm is on wheel or engine? I guess on wheel? Crazy ?

I am a conservative one, do you think ktuner basemap 18 psi is suitable for me? ? I live in Indonesia, I think Indonesia and Malaysia have same type of climate ?

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wow !! 1.5 bar? Cool man ? that power 242 hp and 319 nm is on wheel or engine? I guess on wheel? Crazy ?

I am a conservative one, do you think ktuner basemap 18 psi is suitable for me? ? I live in Indonesia, I think Indonesia and Malaysia have same type of climate ?
Why boost so high? Well I can if I want but for that power range imo is relatively "safe" for stock internals & CVT gb without too much of abuse at around 1.5 bar.
Yes it's on the wheels & our climate is similar.
18psi is conservative but it also depends on the tune too.
Don't look at only peak or big numbers on a dyno chart, look at overall average on the entire chart.
All my tunes are tested otr & on the dyno. Normally I do not push to the max & more towards drivability + reliability.

Last edited:

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Why boost so high? Well I can if I want but for that power range imo is relatively "safe" for stock internals & CVT gb without too much of abuse at around 1.5 bar.
Yes it's on the wheels & our climate is similar.
18psi is conservative but it also depends on the tune too.
Don't look at only peak or big numbers on a dyno chart, look at overall average on the entire chart.
All my tunes are tested otr & on the dyno. Normally I do not push to the max & more towards drivability + reliability.
What do you think about basemap 18 psi for our climates? I am not as good as @arnoldo to do self custom tune, so I just can to upload basemap to my ecu and taadaaa, ready to drive ?

You mean you don't push the throttle to the max? If I use 18 psi, can I floor it to the max? ?

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What do you think about basemap 18 psi for our climates? I am not as good as @arnoldo to do self custom tune, so I just can to upload basemap to my ecu and taadaaa, ready to drive ?

You mean you don't push the throttle to the max? If I use 18 psi, can I floor it to the max? ?
it's ok can go more.
good for him.
yes just upload & go but best to speak to your tuner.
nope i did not mean that.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How is the low to mid RPM powerband compare to stock turbo? 27Won drop in turbocharge moves powerband to the right. Not sure with MHI TD03 but TD03 seems to increase power across powerband, which may put our CVT transmission at higher risk.
Sponsored