TunerView Lite Update - New Layouts + Official 2018 Model Info!

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
Please help.
Is the headunit must be integrated to the vehicle like U.S Version Civic?

My civic is made in Thailand, the head unit is not integrated to the car but it is supported android auto.
It's been half year since I paid for tunerview but don't know how to connect haha lol
All the details is in the link. The phone version of TunerView will not work on the headunit, you need the Lite version for that. And also need a KTuner device.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
All the details is in the link. The phone version of TunerView will not work on the headunit, you need the Lite version for that. And also need a KTuner device.
The ktuner device need to be plugged in all the time while I am using tunerview?

Where did I install the tuner lite, on phone or headunit? Because the headunit came from factory not an android but supports android auto.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The app can't connect to the unit's bluetooth without it being plugged in.

The TunerView Lite app is for the head unit, but requires Honda Hack to be used on the head unit first. See the directions for TunerView Lite in the KTuner online help.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
The ktuner device need to be plugged in all the time while I am using tunerview?

Where did I install the tuner lite, on phone or headunit? Because the headunit came from factory not an android but supports android auto.
What KTuner said the unit needs to be plugged in. If your headunit is not the android one it will not work. You need and android phone and use the phone version from Play Store.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
The app can't connect to the unit's bluetooth without it being plugged in.

The TunerView Lite app is for the head unit, but requires Honda Hack to be used on the head unit first. See the directions for TunerView Lite in the KTuner online help.
I see.. got it
What KTuner said the unit needs to be plugged in. If your headunit is not the android one it will not work. You need and android phone and use the phone version from Play Store.
So android phone as the monitor? I see.. but can I do a datalog using tunerview on android phone? So I don't have to bring a laptop ?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The regular TunerView version works on phones and tablets. You can record and review in the app, or start on board logging and review in the KTuner software later.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Anyone else tunerviewer lite constantly reconnect when phone connects to car's bluetooth? Only fix I've found is turning off phone's bluetooth and wait until tunerviewer fully connects before turning on phone's bluetooth.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone else tunerviewer lite constantly reconnect when phone connects to car's bluetooth? Only fix I've found is turning off phone's bluetooth and wait until tunerviewer fully connects before turning on phone's bluetooth.
Yeah, itā€™s a Bluetooth cross-talk issue. Hopefully, @KTuner comes out with a new version soon ?? with updated BLE chips.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
yeah same thing here, it either doesn't connect or my music skips and bugs out. The thing I found works most of the time is to let the phone BT be connected about 5-10 min then connect to tunerview on the car and it usually works for both together. It will randomly disconnect the tuner app every once in a while though.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah same thing here, it either doesn't connect or my music skips and bugs out. The thing I found works most of the time is to let the phone BT be connected about 5-10 min then connect to tunerview on the car and it usually works for both together. It will randomly disconnect the tuner app every once in a while though.
So, I have BT ā€™onā€™ on my phone, but itā€™s not connected to the car because I use a wireless CarPlay module. Still, though, Iā€™ll get the TunerView ā€˜connectingā€™ dimmed window when, in the background, itā€™s clearly connected to the Ktuner module because I can see the gauges reacting. It seems like an annoying glitch, but Iā€™ve found that it might also be a memory issue of the factory headunit. If I clear out apps (clear cache turbo) through HondaHack, then activate TunerView, itā€™s immediately back to full functionality.

So, my workaround for this, which actually works pretty well: Use the steering wheel key mapping feature in HondaHack to set Key #8 (the ā€™downā€™ button on the lefthand d-pad, which is redundant with the ā€™upā€™ button because it simply scrolls through audio input options) for two mapping operations: 1) short-press -> clear cache turbo, and 2) long-press -> activate TunerView.

Now, my in-vehicle operations are as such: I get in, fire up the car, and CarPlay automatically hooks up wirelessly. If I want TunerView, I hit the ā€˜Homeā€™ button on the headunit, then hit the left d-pad ā€˜downā€™ button once, then long-press it. Super simple, no fuss, no muss, and everything shows up perfectly!

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I set the autoconnect check box in Tunerview and have just been letting it cycle until it stabilizes after about 5m.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I set the autoconnect check box in Tunerview and have just been letting it cycle until it stabilizes after about 5m.
I have that also, but, again, I found it's a memory issue with the headunit. I wish I could update the ram. ?

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have that also, but, again, I found it's a memory issue with the headunit. I wish I could update the ram. ?
Yeah, when it first happened, I reset it and It went away for a couple of starts. Definitely lacking memory on this head unit!
Sponsored