J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
It gives me great pleasure to announce the public release of our TunerView Lite Android app for the head unit absolutely free. Lite because it does not include some functionality, like the overlay video and google map location tracking.

This powerful app connects to any KTunerFlash V1.2 or V2 device via bluetooth and offers up 9 beautiful layouts to view real-time information. These layouts are fully programmable from the items shown on the screen to the colors of text and more. Match your style easily through the menu system.

Honda Civic 10th gen TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit tunerviewlite

To Root The Head Unit:
Current steps to root for 16-17 models are here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-how-to-enter-developer-mode-2017-t3621582

2018+ owners. There is a new method of rooting via the web browser. Honda Hack is what you want to use for rooting.

What you need to do after rooting:

• Put the app on a USB stick and plug it into the vehicle's USB port.
  • Use Honda Installer to install the app from the USB stick.

• Download the latest KTuner software update, 1.0.8.2, available now from the KTuner website downloads page. Install, launch KTuner, and plug your device in to update it to the latest firmware. http://www.KTuner.com/downloads

16-17 Models
  • For V1.2, once connected to KTuner after updating you can find the V1.2 Special Command Menu under the Tuning menu in the software. Find BT PIN Disable and choose it. This puts the unit into a mode that's discoverable by the head unit and requires no pin to pair.

• For V2 users after you've updated you'll find BT PIN as an option on the main menu of the V2 device. Choose disable from the BT PIN menu to program it into the required mode.

• Pair from your head unit.
  • Launch the TunerView Lite App.
2018 Models
  • You'll need to install version 1.0.8.2 of the KTuner software, or later. Grab the current version from www.KTuner.com/downloads

• After installing it will ask to update your firmware once you plug the KTuner unit in. Make sure you have good power and do so.

• For V1.2 once updated and connected again you'll need to select Enable BT PIN Advanced In the Special V1.2 Commands under Tools menu.

• For V2 under BT PIN on the main menu choose Enable Adv.

• After it completes reset power to the unit by unplugging both USB and OBD sides.

• Plug it back into the OBD side only and key on to accessory mode or start the vehicle.

• On your head unit run the TunerView Lite app, go to connect in the TunerView menu, and choose search to show BT devices. Choose the KTuner unit on the right. If all is well it should connect!

ALL MODELS
Follow our guides to use the menu and connect.

The guides which come included with the standard TunerView app will also be added to the KTuner Online Help when it is refreshed.

For V1.2 users you can flash tunes stored on your V1.2 directly from the head unit! Also activate On Board Logging.

We look forward to your feedback. Enjoy!
Sponsored

Last edited:

civic_typ3r

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
It gives me great pleasure to announce the public release of our TunerView Lite Android app for the head unit absolutely free. Lite because it does not include some functionality, like the overlay video and google map location tracking.

This powerful app connects to any KTunerFlash V1.2 or V2 device via bluetooth and offers up 9 beautiful layouts to view real-time information. These layouts are fully programmable from the items shown on the screen to the colors of text and more. Match your style easily through the menu system.

tunerviewlite.jpg

To Root The Head Unit:
Current steps to root for 16-17 models are here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-how-to-enter-developer-mode-2017-t3621582

There is a new method of rooting that will be available shortly and includes 2018 models! We will update this thread with that info as it becomes available.

What you need to do after rooting:

• Put the app on a USB stick and plug it into the vehicle's USB port.
  • Use Honda Installer to install the app from the USB stick.

• Download the latest KTuner software update, 1.0.7.7, available now from the KTuner website downloads page. Install, launch KTuner, and plug your device in to update it to the latest firmware. http://www.KTuner.com/downloads

• For V1.2, once connected to KTuner after updating you can find the V1.2 Special Command Menu under the Tuning menu in the software. Find BT PIN Disable and choose it. This puts the unit into a mode that's discoverable by the head unit and requires no pin to pair.

• For V2 users after you've updated you'll find BT PIN as an option on the main menu of the V2 device. Choose disable from the BT PIN menu to program it into the required mode.

• Pair from your head unit.
  • Launch the TunerView Lite App.
Follow our guides to use the menu and connect.

The guides which come included with the standard TunerView app will also be added to the KTuner Online Help when it is refreshed.

For V1.2 users you can flash tunes stored on your V1.2 directly from the head unit! Also activate On Board Logging.

We look forward to your feedback. Enjoy!
Thanks guys. Awesome work cant wait to install

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I dont have a Ktuner but I'd like to say this is beautiful and awesome job guys!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I am a happy V2 user, but I must admit that I am a little hesitant to grant so many permissions to the TunerView app. Could someone help me understand why the app needs to record audio, access my pictures, or make phone call?

EDIT: I now understand that these permissions are for the phone app and allow for video with gauge overlay

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im in love @KTuner this is killer, nothing like it at all! #KtunerFTW

Honda Civic 10th gen TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit 74D18FE3-4230-4ABC-959A-E139644DA295

Honda Civic 10th gen TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit 8DAC31EC-2339-4C89-A58C-224822ADFFD8

Honda Civic 10th gen TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit D957D6DA-133E-447F-ABF1-51B67375466D

Honda Civic 10th gen TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit 1B5A0606-B44F-4647-B3A1-03674F37A907

Honda Civic 10th gen TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit BA860991-AC5D-4A20-A425-EDE767537F9B

Honda Civic 10th gen TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit 6095CB8C-E959-46A3-8B68-525007897968

Honda Civic 10th gen TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit B637EE35-23FF-4254-950A-DC749BC6A49D

Honda Civic 10th gen TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit F8C7AD15-A5B9-448F-B191-A2D08A039EF0

Honda Civic 10th gen TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit 07AC23C3-EFEF-4BA3-8222-C56F8A7C3A04

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
I am a happy V2 user, but I must admit that I am a little hesitant to grant so many permissions to the TunerView app. Could someone help me understand why the app needs to record audio, access my pictures, or make phone call?
I can explain the audio and pictures, in that it has the option to record video. Not sure about the phone functionality, but it may be tied to allowing a pass through for the Bluetooth connection to your phone.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
For those that want a easy web base install or doesn't have a laptop. You can e-mail ( [email protected] ) the creator of the app directly for the web install. Just tell him you have a 2016-18 Civic and you are interested in getting the web base hondahack install
He will give you a URL with a password to enter into your browser and you follow the steps on the screen.
I tried to get us a forum use only password/url but he said to just have each user to e-mail him.

For 2018 users , you will need to enable the browser from the diagnostic menu. Also I believe they changed the bluetooth coding on the 2018 headunit. It's having trouble pairing to a non phone device
Sponsored

Last edited: