J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I tried this on my 2020 si and I cant get my v1.2 to connect to the radio. Is there another way to do it?
The 18+ directions are what to follow on 2020.
Sponsored

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
It gives me great pleasure to announce the public release of our TunerView Lite Android app for the head unit absolutely free. Lite because it does not include some functionality, like the overlay video and google map location tracking.

This powerful app connects to any KTunerFlash V1.2 or V2 device via bluetooth and offers up 9 beautiful layouts to view real-time information. These layouts are fully programmable from the items shown on the screen to the colors of text and more. Match your style easily through the menu system.

tunerviewlite.jpg

To Root The Head Unit:
Current steps to root for 16-17 models are here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-how-to-enter-developer-mode-2017-t3621582

2018+ owners. There is a new method of rooting via the web browser. Honda Hack is what you want to use for rooting.

What you need to do after rooting:

• Put the app on a USB stick and plug it into the vehicle's USB port.
  • Use Honda Installer to install the app from the USB stick.

• Download the latest KTuner software update, 1.0.8.2, available now from the KTuner website downloads page. Install, launch KTuner, and plug your device in to update it to the latest firmware. http://www.KTuner.com/downloads

16-17 Models
  • For V1.2, once connected to KTuner after updating you can find the V1.2 Special Command Menu under the Tuning menu in the software. Find BT PIN Disable and choose it. This puts the unit into a mode that's discoverable by the head unit and requires no pin to pair.

• For V2 users after you've updated you'll find BT PIN as an option on the main menu of the V2 device. Choose disable from the BT PIN menu to program it into the required mode.

• Pair from your head unit.
  • Launch the TunerView Lite App.
2018 Models
  • You'll need to install version 1.0.8.2 of the KTuner software, or later. Grab the current version from www.KTuner.com/downloads

• After installing it will ask to update your firmware once you plug the KTuner unit in. Make sure you have good power and do so.

• For V1.2 once updated and connected again you'll need to select Enable BT PIN Advanced In the Special V1.2 Commands under Tools menu.

• For V2 under BT PIN on the main menu choose Enable Adv.

• After it completes reset power to the unit by unplugging both USB and OBD sides.

• Plug it back into the OBD side only and key on to accessory mode or start the vehicle.

• On your head unit run the TunerView Lite app, go to connect in the TunerView menu, and choose search to show BT devices. Choose the KTuner unit on the right. If all is well it should connect!

ALL MODELS
Follow our guides to use the menu and connect.

The guides which come included with the standard TunerView app will also be added to the KTuner Online Help when it is refreshed.

For V1.2 users you can flash tunes stored on your V1.2 directly from the head unit! Also activate On Board Logging.

We look forward to your feedback. Enjoy!
What is the process to get tunerview on a 2020 si without a ktuner in the car?

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hatchback CVT
Country flag
Do I have to have a tune on the car or the ktuner hooked up to get tunerview to work? I got Turn review downloaded onto my head unit but it doesn't do anything.

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Do I have to have a tune on the car or the ktuner hooked up to get tunerview to work? I got Turn review downloaded onto my head unit but it doesn't do anything.
You need a KTuner connected to the car to use TunerView. This is the device that tunerview is connecting to.

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hatchback CVT
Country flag
You need a KTuner connected to the car to use TunerView. This is the device that tunerview is connecting to.
OK, I though that might be the case. Haven't got the tuner yet, but did download tunerview to cars head unit. Thanks!

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
@Linszter @KTuner - Hello, can we get a feature that shows us we're currently datalogging when we start onboard logging via TunerView? Currently, a toast shows up when we start onboard logging and then goes away. Another toast appears when we stop onboard logging and quickly goes away. It would be nice to have a constant icon or even text below the current, Make sure KTuner is connected text, showing we are currently logging.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
@Linszter @KTuner - Hello, can we get a feature that shows us we're currently datalogging when we start onboard logging via TunerView? Currently, a toast shows up when we start onboard logging and then goes away. Another toast appears when we stop onboard logging and quickly goes away. It would be nice to have a constant icon or even text below the current, Make sure KTuner is connected text, showing we are currently logging.
Currently you can check it by looking the LED on the V1.2. It's blinking white when On Board Logging is recording. In TunerView there is no status for that at the moment.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The unit can be setup to automatically record datalogs and that status isn't relayed to TunerView, so that's not a possibility. The LED color is the only indicator at this time for a V1.2

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
The unit can be setup to automatically record datalogs and that status isn't relayed to TunerView, so that's not a possibility. The LED color is the only indicator at this time for a V1.2
I understand that, but I was referring to TunerView triggering the onboard logging on command (KTuner Menu). It would be nice to see an indicator like I mentioned on my other post that can tell us we’re currently datalogging. I’m guessing TunerView just sends a command to the unit to start the recording and the unit doesn’t return anything back, right? If that’s the case then hopefully TunerView can just add extra text or an icon at the end of their method or function that sends the command, to notify us we’re datalogging. Kinda like, we sent the command, it “should” be recording now. If the unit does return a value then that would be much better for implementing the icon or text to confirm we’re datalogging and not just ‘guessing’ because we sent the command. Kinda like, we sent the command, we got a valid response and it’s recording now.

Last edited:

mau_fk7

First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 2019 hatchback cvt
Country flag
i know but it's kinda weird the speedo LCD show 6th & 7th when i switch to manual on my CVT, will try to find out more, maybe a video tomorrow.
How did you fix?

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi,
Stupid question. Can I put Tunerview on the 5" screen on a 2018 Sport hatchback? TIA. All the post were for the bigger 7" screen.

EliasSakkab

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
It gives me great pleasure to announce the public release of our TunerView Lite Android app for the head unit absolutely free. Lite because it does not include some functionality, like the overlay video and google map location tracking.

This powerful app connects to any KTunerFlash V1.2 or V2 device via bluetooth and offers up 9 beautiful layouts to view real-time information. These layouts are fully programmable from the items shown on the screen to the colors of text and more. Match your style easily through the menu system.

tunerviewlite.jpg

To Root The Head Unit:
Current steps to root for 16-17 models are here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-how-to-enter-developer-mode-2017-t3621582

2018+ owners. There is a new method of rooting via the web browser. Honda Hack is what you want to use for rooting.

What you need to do after rooting:

• Put the app on a USB stick and plug it into the vehicle's USB port.
  • Use Honda Installer to install the app from the USB stick.

• Download the latest KTuner software update, 1.0.8.2, available now from the KTuner website downloads page. Install, launch KTuner, and plug your device in to update it to the latest firmware. http://www.KTuner.com/downloads

16-17 Models
  • For V1.2, once connected to KTuner after updating you can find the V1.2 Special Command Menu under the Tuning menu in the software. Find BT PIN Disable and choose it. This puts the unit into a mode that's discoverable by the head unit and requires no pin to pair.

• For V2 users after you've updated you'll find BT PIN as an option on the main menu of the V2 device. Choose disable from the BT PIN menu to program it into the required mode.

• Pair from your head unit.
  • Launch the TunerView Lite App.
2018 Models
  • You'll need to install version 1.0.8.2 of the KTuner software, or later. Grab the current version from www.KTuner.com/downloads

• After installing it will ask to update your firmware once you plug the KTuner unit in. Make sure you have good power and do so.

• For V1.2 once updated and connected again you'll need to select Enable BT PIN Advanced In the Special V1.2 Commands under Tools menu.

• For V2 under BT PIN on the main menu choose Enable Adv.

• After it completes reset power to the unit by unplugging both USB and OBD sides.

• Plug it back into the OBD side only and key on to accessory mode or start the vehicle.

• On your head unit run the TunerView Lite app, go to connect in the TunerView menu, and choose search to show BT devices. Choose the KTuner unit on the right. If all is well it should connect!

ALL MODELS
Follow our guides to use the menu and connect.

The guides which come included with the standard TunerView app will also be added to the KTuner Online Help when it is refreshed.

For V1.2 users you can flash tunes stored on your V1.2 directly from the head unit! Also activate On Board Logging.

We look forward to your feedback. Enjoy!
Is there anyway to get the ethanol reader through tunerview im running it on a 2020 civic si with a prl flex fuel kit installed and a tune for flex fuel?