TunerView Lite Now Available For The Head Unit

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
I’ve already read those instructions several times before I asked the question; they’re outdated TBH. Honda Hack now comes in two editions (Basic $10 and Pro $25). For the benefit of future KTuner/TunerView Lite users with 2019+ HUs, the Basic version will do.

Stage 1.1 (FK8) totally kicks ass. Feels like driving a different car with the added grunt. Highly recommend.:thumbsup:
I think Honda hack as always had two versions.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I’ve already read those instructions several times before I asked the question; they’re outdated TBH. Honda Hack now comes in two editions (Basic $10 and Pro $25). For the benefit of future KTuner/TunerView Lite users with 2019+ HUs, the Basic version will do.

Stage 1.1 (FK8) totally kicks ass. Feels like driving a different car with the added grunt. Highly recommend.:thumbsup:
Honda Hack is all you need. Pro just has extra features.

Glad you're enjoying Stage 1.1 :)

Jero

First Name
Jero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 2018
Country flag
When aftermarket head unit manufacturers step up their game. It shouldn't take third party apps and be a twelve step process to enable "bluetooth" functionality that isn't reliable.

If you want to deal with all of that, find third party apps that work for your bluetooth equipment and load the play store so you can run the regular app instead. :)
Does anyone get the tunerview working in an aftermarket unit yet ?

Any Bluetooth app or any advice? I have a Tesla screen and I’m getting crazy y can connect obd2 Bluetooth with torque perfectly but not tunerview with Ktuner , the unit Bluetooth program find the Ktuner but once I go to tunerview menu and scan for devices never appears to pair.

any ideas?

thanks in advance ;)

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
Does anyone get the tunerview working in an aftermarket unit yet ?

Any Bluetooth app or any advice? I have a Tesla screen and I’m getting crazy y can connect obd2 Bluetooth with torque perfectly but not tunerview with Ktuner , the unit Bluetooth program find the Ktuner but once I go to tunerview menu and scan for devices never appears to pair.

any ideas?

thanks in advance ;)
Some aftermarket unit works, some not. They limit Bluetooth Classes and sometimes have totally weird Bluetooth handling.

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I recently purchased a KTuner from Two Step Performance and I have Tunerview Lite installed from the link in this thread.

When I am driving around with the app open on my factory headunit, it is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting about once every 30 sec. or so. Any ideas on a solution? I am running the most current HondaHack Pro.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I recently purchased a KTuner from Two Step Performance and I have Tunerview Lite installed from the link in this thread.

When I am driving around with the app open on my factory headunit, it is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting about once every 30 sec. or so. Any ideas on a solution? I am running the most current HondaHack Pro.
Are you running latest version of tuner view? And which KTuner unit do you have - 1.2 or 2?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

This happens for me sometimes as well. Typically turning BT off and back on fixes it, but I haven't looked into whether there's a better solution.

think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
2018 Models
  • You'll need to install version 1.0.8.2 of the KTuner software, or later. Grab the current version from www.KTuner.com/downloads

• After installing it will ask to update your firmware once you plug the KTuner unit in. Make sure you have good power and do so.

• For V1.2 once updated and connected again you'll need to select Enable BT PIN Advanced In the Special V1.2 Commands under Tools menu.

For my 1.2, the "Special V1.2 COmmands -> BT PIN Advanced" was under the "Tuning" *not* "Tools" menu.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag

Android Auto or other Bluetooth device can cause issues.

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I currently have the latest firmware on my KTuner V2 and am only using the TunerView app version that is linked in the first post on this thread. I also have android auto running all of the time while I drive.

I'm going to try using the app without my phone connected to the car and I will post an update.

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I currently have the latest firmware on my KTuner V2 and am only using the TunerView app version that is linked in the first post on this thread. I also have android auto running all of the time while I drive.

I'm going to try using the app without my phone connected to the car and I will post an update.
So after spending a few days with the car, I have found that the best and only fix for this is to turn Bluetooth off on my phone, start the car and wait for the head unit to open the TunerView app. After connection is made, I can turn Bluetooth back on in my phone settings and connect the cable for android auto. I don't have a single disconnection issue with this workaround.

Duckula

First Name
ChangTL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
2018 Models
  • You'll need to install version 1.0.8.2 of the KTuner software, or later. Grab the current version from www.KTuner.com/downloads

• After installing it will ask to update your firmware once you plug the KTuner unit in. Make sure you have good power and do so.

• For V1.2 once updated and connected again you'll need to select Enable BT PIN Advanced In the Special V1.2 Commands under Tools menu.

For my 1.2, the "Special V1.2 COmmands -> BT PIN Advanced" was under the "Tuning" *not* "Tools" menu.
I've a V2 unit. Can I ask how do you update the firmware of the V2 unit? I've tried connecting the V2 unit to my notebook and run the latest Ktuner software, but it didn't prompt me to update firmware. Or what do you initiate the updating of the firmware from the Ktuner software? Thanks.

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic sport hatchback
Country flag
It gives me great pleasure to announce the public release of our TunerView Lite Android app for the head unit absolutely free. Lite because it does not include some functionality, like the overlay video and google map location tracking.

This powerful app connects to any KTunerFlash V1.2 or V2 device via bluetooth and offers up 9 beautiful layouts to view real-time information. These layouts are fully programmable from the items shown on the screen to the colors of text and more. Match your style easily through the menu system.

tunerviewlite.jpg

To Root The Head Unit:
Current steps to root for 16-17 models are here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-how-to-enter-developer-mode-2017-t3621582

2018+ owners. There is a new method of rooting via the web browser. Honda Hack is what you want to use for rooting.

What you need to do after rooting:

• Put the app on a USB stick and plug it into the vehicle's USB port.
  • Use Honda Installer to install the app from the USB stick.

• Download the latest KTuner software update, 1.0.8.2, available now from the KTuner website downloads page. Install, launch KTuner, and plug your device in to update it to the latest firmware. http://www.KTuner.com/downloads

16-17 Models
  • For V1.2, once connected to KTuner after updating you can find the V1.2 Special Command Menu under the Tuning menu in the software. Find BT PIN Disable and choose it. This puts the unit into a mode that's discoverable by the head unit and requires no pin to pair.

• For V2 users after you've updated you'll find BT PIN as an option on the main menu of the V2 device. Choose disable from the BT PIN menu to program it into the required mode.

• Pair from your head unit.
  • Launch the TunerView Lite App.
2018 Models

• For V2 under BT PIN on the main menu choose Enable Adv.

• After it completes reset power to the unit by unplugging both USB and OBD sides.

• Plug it back into the OBD side only and key on to accessory mode or start the vehicle.

• On your head unit run the TunerView Lite app, go to connect in the TunerView menu, and choose search to show BT devices. Choose the KTuner unit on the right. If all is well it should connect!

ALL MODELS
Follow our guides to use the menu and connect.

The guides which come included with the standard TunerView app will also be added to the KTuner Online Help when it is refreshed.

For V1.2 users you can flash tunes stored on your V1.2 directly from the head unit! Also activate On Board Logging.

We look forward to your feedback. Enjoy!
I tried this on my 2020 si and I cant get my v1.2 to connect to the radio. Is there another way to do it?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
I've a V2 unit. Can I ask how do you update the firmware of the V2 unit? I've tried connecting the V2 unit to my notebook and run the latest Ktuner software, but it didn't prompt me to update firmware. Or what do you initiate the updating of the firmware from the Ktuner software? Thanks.
It prompted me, but I didn't have the latest version of KTuner Windows application (I'd just updated it). Perhaps you already had the latest firmware on your v2? I believe you can check the version in KTuner. Otherwise, I'm not sure...I have a 1.2 so I'd only be guessing about the v2.
Sponsored