My girlfriend hates my Si and I understand why

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Thanks for making me appreciate my wife even more.

Must say mine is not a car person or driver either yet I never heard one complaint about all my POS tiny junk cars over the years, all manual. We had a 96 cavalier, 97 sunfire, 2006 lancer and now a 2016 civic.

All manual, all base, all rough junk cars, zero complaints.

The only complaint I got was spending too much money getting the 2010 Charger when I did.

Sorry about your luck OP.
Geez you should never be in charge of car purchases lol
Sponsored

EdwinDrn

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, 19' Civic Si
Country flag
I could not agree more about your 2nd and 4th point.. Although this is my first manual car.. Shifting this car smoothly CONSISTENTLY is hard. I've ran this by multiple people so I know its not just us..(makes me feel better..LOL)

I can't say I've looked into other cars considering I've only had this one for a year.. I may get into something else.. Who knows..

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
How much is an Uber back home from Galveston? She should have found out.

Sorry dude, but I'm not sure what kind of replies you were expecting....

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sort of in the same vein, my family doesn't like riding in my car. The ride is too stiff to them even in comfort mode when the road starts sucking (often here in PA) or it's too bouncy. The seats don't lend well to our family history of terrible back issues either. Unfortunately no butt warmers to make them feel better o_O

That being said, they love the amount of power it has when I go to pass someone... lol

TheWindBlows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2012 Subaru impreza
Country flag
I’ve noticed releasing the clutch 90% of the way 1/3 second early pausing to the rev match point then fully releasing the clutch lands a smooth shift. Albeit that’s too much attention off the road IMO. I’ve been wondering if the clutch delay valve delete would improve this experience.

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let her GO! Can you imagine the amount of money you could've saved or spent on the car without her in your life. Just wait until you're married, all downhill from that point on. If she doesn't like the car, she should get her own, or take Uber, better yet let her run.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
My gf loves my car. She does make fun of it though after I put on the MAPerformance exhaust. Compared to my Corvette, she says it sounds like "ffffaaaaarrrrrrrtttttt" ?

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Previously I owned an 02' eclipse, started dating my wife around '12. Decided I needed a new car. The wife previously worked at a local ford dealer, they made me a "deal" on a '13 focus lease return. Wife thought it was ok during first couple months, then the tranny and other issues started coming up, and them she couldn't ride in it without getting sick. Hasn't ridden in it since, and doesn't plan on it till we drive to sign the papers on the new civic when it arrives.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m going to pull out my:
Honda Civic 10th gen My girlfriend hates my Si and I understand why D06F856A-9908-42FB-B045-C6969A15CBF0

...for a moment.

I’d take a long hard look at not just this car but other things in your relationship you’re apologizing for. If there’s things you like/love that your always being criticized about... do you want it to be that way forever? I’ve been with my old lady a long time... but had several girlfriends before I happened upon this one. Some of them were great. Some not so much. I’d never settle for someone who wants to nitpick me to death.

If you take things in your life you like/love and try to change them for a person when there’s nearly 4 billion other eligible ladies in the world... and certainly thousands or more within a short drive unless you’re living in Alaska or on a mountain in Wyoming. Just saying, take a look at the criticism beyond this car. You’re going to have some good fights with someone who’s 99.9% accepting of everything about you. If something as little as a car you like is a point of contention... man, I can’t imagine the fights when there are real problems. She’s going have to accept you for who you are and get over the little randomness that irks other or go find Mr. Perfect. Thinking about someone flailing their body around on every shift to oversell any lack of smoothness and bitching about getting in and out of the car would rapidly be someone who’d be walking their ass home at the end of a date.

Life’s too short to spend all your time with someone who’s a whiner. She could be an 11 in the looks department and still not be worth it.
Sponsored

Last edited: