why is my window doing this?? -_-

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
The rubber is probably folded in or maybe there's something/dirt stuck in there. It's detecting resistance and retracting the window as a safety precaution.

Try spraying some soapy water into the rubber channels and cycle the window a few times to see if it goes back to normal.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Pinch protection must need to be recalibrated. I'm not sure how to do it though, may be in the owners manual.

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Take your key out of your fob, put it in your driver door and turn (can't remember which direction) probably RIGHT twice and hold. That will activate your "All windows up". See if it listens to that.
Failing that, it's most likely something stuck in the channels.

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen why is my window doing this?? -_- IMG_0407[271]

it was literally this piece right here BARELY folded in a bit so it was rubbing the window -_-
from what it looked like before i fixed it it didnt seem like it would stop the window from going all the way up at all!! but it works now.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
It's almost always the simple explanation, eh.

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
IMG_0407[271].jpg

it was literally this piece right here BARELY folded in a bit so it was rubbing the window -_-
from what it looked like before i fixed it it didnt seem like it would stop the window from going all the way up at all!! but it works now.
fuckin did it again today so i just shoved my finger in the groove and went ALL AROUND the window finger fucking the trim and it went up :D

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There's probably something stuck in there or on the glass that is causing it to pinch like that. I've seen it a lot of cars that have had tint removed, for example. I'd give it a good cleaning with soapy water and dry it. You can pull it out from up in the top corner, just be careful not to pull it right out from inside the door.

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
you need to recalibrate it starting at passenger side. hold the UP button till it closes and hold for 3 more seconds, then hold down till it goes all the way down and hold for 3 more seconds

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
you need to recalibrate it starting at passenger side. hold the UP button till it closes and hold for 3 more seconds, then hold down till it goes all the way down and hold for 3 more seconds
ill try this out
thanks man!
Sponsored