why is my window doing this?? -_-

SDzx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
Just for info. My 350z’ windows use to do that when the motor was going bad. If there is a way to calibrate it, I’d start there. When I changed the motors out, they’d do the same thing but then I would just calibrate it. If it continues, maybe it may be the motor. Anyways, keep us posted with what you find.
Sponsored

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
i had my fair share experience with the 10th gen civic windows. the back windows are power driven with no circuit, so forcing them is not an issue, but at end of track forcing them makes then overheat a polyfuse (inside the motor) and completely disables that window for about 5-10 minutes until the polyfuse recovers. Next, the driver PWMICU is a different beast. the 2 front doors have microcontrollers for windows. if the passenger door is not calibrated, the sunroof wont work (AND the driver door won't control passenger window until the passenger side is calibrated!). if you remove the driver switches, the trunk, keyless, and sunroof stop working. the 2 front windows use PWM pulses (4 extra wires on the motor) on the motors for end of track "learning". Long story short, they shoulda stuck with the previous gen modules. one thing breaks on these models, they take other stuff offline... rediculous. I'll just throw this here for others, the cigarette lighter fuse is useless a fraction of the time. Check this, honda uses a "slow-blow" socket. they use a thin metal spring in the socket that melts over time, once the plastic breaks, the contact on the center bore is separated from the circuit, but hey? the fuse is working! honda put a self-destruct cigarette lighter socket in the 10th gens. anyways, i didn't like the way the rear windows had no circuit driven windows thereby no protection for the motors that they relied on a cheap polyfuse! I made a better system out of it, added a circuit and my own activations.

new features:
1) roll up or down windows/sunroof even of remote started via keyfob (honda only rolls down when car is off, never close)
2) disabled OEM double unlock hold rolldowns and added my own quad-trigger sequence
3) allow windows and sunroof to be controlled via switches, whether the car is off or running while disarmed. factory arming disables that feature.
4) independant control of windows or sunroof (as per video below)

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Just for info. My 350z’ windows use to do that when the motor was going bad. If there is a way to calibrate it, I’d start there. When I changed the motors out, they’d do the same thing but then I would just calibrate it. If it continues, maybe it may be the motor. Anyways, keep us posted with what you find.
that face when you think a dude is talking about your motor motor and not he window motor :| fuuuuuuuck i was like wait what?!?! lolol :oops: