My Si is back and is stronger and hotter!

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
Gentleman, im back from my month long ban. I still dont know exactly what i said that was ban worthy, but i guess freedom of speech isnt a virtue in this form. So now i will heavily censor myself going forward

Anyways my dudes, my si is back with with Michelin ps summer tires and damn this thing handles like its on rails. i got the mishimoto intake and combined with the res delete the si sounds sweet.

my question is: how much gains come from a down pipe without a tune? is it even worth it? and how difficult is the install?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
welcome back.

i put the 4s tires on too. man, it rocked the corners at tail of the dragon!
i am interested in powerband changes from downpipe and intake as well.
thanks dude. i had the oem summer f1s on it before and thise were nice but man even with that the 4s totally kill them in performance.

are you currently running an intake?

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Gentleman, im back from my month long ban. I still dont know exactly what i said that was ban worthy, but i guess freedom of speech isnt a virtue in this form. So now i will heavily censor myself going forward

Anyways my dudes, my si is back with with Michelin ps summer tires and damn this thing handles like its on rails. i got the mishimoto intake and combined with the res delete the si sounds sweet.

my question is: how much gains come from a down pipe without a tune? is it even worth it? and how difficult is the install?
Welcome back, I was wondering where you had gone. PRL has shared their dyno results for down pipe and front pipe with no tune.

https://prlmotorsports.com/civicxdownpipe.aspx
https://prlmotorsports.com/civicxstreetdownpipe.aspx

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

Hey, welcome back, this forum is just not the same without you! Love Michelin's, they are just so expensive. I've been putting BFGoodrich on my cars for the last few years, which are made by Michelin but are cheaper. Hey anyway great to have you back!

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Michelins are the best...if i did not have to use my hidden modding money to sell my house :mad: I would have had a set already!!! Good news is i sold my house and i am recharging that account and now my eyes are kind of set on a tuner.
These tires do suck, but all good they are just there for now. If I would have known at the dealer I would have asked to swap for the summer tires. At least they would be better then these.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
Hey, welcome back, this forum is just not the same without you! Love Michelin's, they are just so expensive. I've been putting BFGoodrich on my cars for the last few years, which are made by Michelin but are cheaper. Hey anyway great to have you back!
thanks man i appreciate that! its good to be back although it kinda feels like the soviet union in the 1930s.

i love these michelins. i got a good dral at discount tire they actually gave me a credit for my F1s for 300. worth every penny.

bfgoodrich are quality tires as well. prob my second favorite tire make.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
Michelins are the best...if i did not have to use my hidden modding money to sell my house :mad: I would have had a set already!!! Good news is i sold my house and i am recharging that account and now my eyes are kind of set on a tuner.
These tires do suck, but all good they are just there for now. If I would have known at the dealer I would have asked to swap for the summer tires. At least they would be better then these.
yeah those a/s good years really fuggin suck. they are borderline dangerous tires if you do any spirited type of driving.

get that tuner man

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
thanks dude. i had the oem summer f1s on it before and thise were nice but man even with that the 4s totally kill them in performance.

are you currently running an intake?
nope.
just tsp1 tune. planning on a dropin filter but we have to much standing water for me to feel good about a cai.

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
Welcome back lol, I served one too. Lots of things I want to say, but I won’t.. I ended up looking at threads and keeping up as a guest lol...

As far as gains... from what I’ve learned, the DP is the biggest gain on this platform then CAI with race maf next
(as far as Bolt Ons go).

I’m just OCD that I had to get the DP/FP combo all at once. It makes the biggest change imo in sound and HP other than of course KTuner/Hondata.

Good to see you back.

Crab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2002 Accord EX-L, 2003 Dodge Dakota
Country flag
Welcome back @BoostedSiCoupe. I'm going to be doing that same tire package here soon. What size did you end up going with? I was going to try and get a 245 wide on the stock wheels/ride height.

Also, I want to do the full map race DP/FP/exhaust. Might as well take advantage of no emissions testing while I have it! (FL)

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
A very big welcome back Boosted! Was kinda wondering what happen to you, hoping you were alright and even asked where you were in some odd thread the other week. Maybe you got kidnapped in the jungles of Southeast Asia by a hoard of hoes also passed my mind. But then I got to thinking, yeah the Politburo may have had something to do with your absence, and voila there you have it...:banned: I wonder if there’s a 3 strikes or 9 lives rule here?? Anyway just keep city hall happy and you’ll be happy too.
Well anyway, I said you would love these PS4s on your Si, just like I found. They really are the cats ass and much above what this car can throw at them. Just wait till you drive them in the rain, if you haven’t yet done so. Also feels on rails. How much better would you estimate these Michelin’s over you past Goodyear F1 summers? I’m really curious, as this car was tested by the big magazines with the Goodyear summers.
Again, welcome back man!

xmarleyx06

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Hey there, its a actually a nice difference. Turbo breathes much better. I did the prl fp dp tuned with hondata and its a different car completely. Plus, naturally you will build more boost and much quicker!

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
A very big welcome back Boosted! Was kinda wondering what happen to you, hoping you were alright and even asked where you were in some odd thread the other week. Maybe you got kidnapped in the jungles of Southeast Asia by a hoard of hoes also passed my mind. But then I got to thinking, yeah the Politburo may have had something to do with your absence, and voila there you have it...:banned: I wonder if there’s a 3 strikes or 9 lives rule here?? Anyway just keep city hall happy and you’ll be happy too.
Well anyway, I said you would love these PS4s on your Si, just like I found. They really are the cats ass and much above what this car can throw at them. Just wait till you drive them in the rain, if you haven’t yet done so. Also feels on rails. How much better would you estimate these Michelin’s over you past Goodyear F1 summers? I’m really curious, as this car was tested by the big magazines with the Goodyear summers.
Again, welcome back man!
hey bro, its good to talk to ya again. thanks for the big welcome back, i appreciate it!.. i really wish i could say that something as exciting as rabid hoes were chasing me down in some exotic country, but unfortunately it was just some good old fashion forum censorship! and ive been informed that the next violation i recieve its off to siberia for me... so if you suddenly dont hear from me ever again on here, well ya know what happened! lmao

you were totally right, the ps4s are literally the best summer tires ive ever driven on. and driving on them in the rain is amazing the grip they maintain.

compared to the f1s, id say they are about 40% better performing under all conditions. dont get me wrong i really liked the f1s, but they just dont compare to the ps4s!
Sponsored