Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
type R
Country flag
Tesla - Con's -

Crappy resale value
Crappy handling
Crappy build quality
Giant screen that puts out 500000 lumens of light sitting all up in your face 24/8 like a glowing table
No engine noise
No stickshift
No fun outside of spurt of acceleration in your whisper quiet family car while you listen to more fun cars around you

Tesla - Pro's -

You have a really neat golf cart with a cool body kit
The challenge of making a moronic EVPOWAH or something electrical / EV related license plate should give you hours of entertainment
You can ignore all consumer reports and first hand owner horror stories of build quality and ability to repiar because Elon says cool things on Twitter
Starbux street cred

Tough choice man I'll leave you to it :x
Haha yes to this. Whenever I feel like I need a pick me up, I read the numerous complaints on the Tesla forum and am so thankful for a functioning vehicle.

Teslas have this awesome tendency to stop in the middle of highways at excessive speeds and strand them. Or so the huge amount of complaints state.
Sponsored

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Haha yes to this. Whenever I feel like I need a pick me up, I read the numerous complaints on the Tesla forum and am so thankful for a functioning vehicle.

Teslas have this awesome tendency to stop in the middle of highways at excessive speeds and strand them. Or so the huge amount of complaints state.
I particularly like the "run off the hiway at high speed into the back of emergency vehicles that have their emergency lights on while sitting on the shoulder". Of course probably not many complaining about that on forums because few live through the accident.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
“Safer” is quite the superlative. In which respect? The statistics that apply to the whole does not necessarily apply to the individual.
We are going in circles. Hope you have a great weekend and can get out on some twisty roads :)

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag

Steering wheel coming off in your hands randomly was one of my top favorites.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Tesla owner here (Model Y) and have had 0 issues with the car. Its an early build date 2021 with 25,000 miles. Great car. Over-the-air updates are the cherry on top ... new features are always added to the car. The car is completely different than when we picked it up at the dealership in 2021 ... meaning with the OTA updates.

However - much different car than a CTR. I would never trade in my CTR for another Tesla. Never.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
They are completely different animals. I believe most EV's cannot produce their prodigious torque for any serious length of time as the high rate of battery discharge produces a lot of heat. Meanwhile a stock CTR is not as fast but with the right brake pads and a few cooling mods can track for 40 minute sessions multiple times a day. Our Lucky Dog endurance car is slow as molasses but has no issue running multiple 8 hour races with just fuel every 2 hours (and change of tires at the end of the day). My point is, different cars for different purposes. Real speed is never cheap.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
new features are always added to the car. The car is completely different than when we picked it up at the dealership in 2021 ...
To some people that’s a good thing. To others that’s a terrible thing. You don’t own your car, you don’t get to keep what you paid for. Some updates are crap and lousy, others change the position of software buttons and controls, having to re-learn thing all the time.

I love my S2000, so analog and for the most part, Honda doesn’t get to have a say on whether it looks and feels like it did on day 1 or not. It should, that’s what makes cars beautiful.

My next car will probably be an old Land Cruiser.
Sponsored