First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which of the multiple issues discussed in this thread are you saying you noticed? The clunking sound OP started with?
I hear a squeak whenever I turn my steering wheel to lock out.
Sponsored

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Update: I applied the Honda grease according to the TSB a few days ago and so far I haven’t had the clunking at low speed on bumps or creaking.
I did too w/ the Shin-etsu paste, but I'm still getting the noise. Maybe it needs some time to soak in? I'm still wondering about the mechanism how the paste would work in helping with the issue.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I did too w/ the Shin-etsu paste, but I'm still getting the noise. Maybe it needs some time to soak in? I'm still wondering about the mechanism how the paste would work in helping with the issue.
The idea (or one possible idea) is that there might be a little too much play between 1) the pad baking plate and piston, or 2) the pad ears and slide area on the caliper. Lubricating these areas can help minimize metal-to-metal contact between the pad and caliper assembly.

grifocx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
A follow up on my posts - problem solved with replacement of the transmission mount. Seems like there was just a bit too much play in something with that. If any of you are hearing/feeling the noise on the driver side, maybe even feeling a bit of vibration under the floor by your feet, have your techs look into this.

Noise has been there since I bought it, so my guess is that there is a flaw in the design or the manufacturing of that part and a subset of all that rolled out are not right. Not sure if the part I am getting is a new design or not, guess we will find out!

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A follow up on my posts - problem solved with replacement of the transmission mount. Seems like there was just a bit too much play in something with that. If any of you are hearing/feeling the noise on the driver side, maybe even feeling a bit of vibration under the floor by your feet, have your techs look into this.
So it wasn't the driveshaft like the tech thought earlier? Hmm. Seems to narrow it down to either the front strut or the tranmission mount that needs replacing.

grifocx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Nope, the driveshaft wasn't it. Makes more sense in hindsight now, based on when it would happen (torque from very low speed in first gear was easiest way to reproduce). Feels great now with the mount replaced. Sadly, driving home from the dealer a giant rock kicked up by a dump truck put a nice divot in my windshield. :doh:

So it wasn't the driveshaft like the tech thought earlier? Hmm. Seems to narrow it down to either the front strut or the tranmission mount that needs replacing.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope, the driveshaft wasn't it. Makes more sense in hindsight now, based on when it would happen (torque from very low speed in first gear was easiest way to reproduce). Feels great now with the mount replaced. Sadly, driving home from the dealer a giant rock kicked up by a dump truck put a nice divot in my windshield. :doh:
Dang, that sucks. Sorry to hear.

Question though, would you happen to know where the transmission mount is specifically located? I personally would like to see if I can change it out myself because I feel like I'll get the run around w/ the dealer since it's hard to produce. I happen to have a 15% grade driveway where I hear it. If I didn't have that steep of a driveway, chances are I wouldn't have really noticed it.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
ouch! that happened to my 16 civic, damn those dump trucks. which mount was this? because I already have a aftermarket hasport mount 62a. and I still have this annoying squeak when turning left, at low speeds.

grifocx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
It was part # 50850-TBC-A01 which (if you google it) should see on diagrams. I can't say how hard it would be to DIY but it doesn't look simple. It is not the torque rod, which some call a mount.
Dang, that sucks. Sorry to hear.

Question though, would you happen to know where the transmission mount is specifically located? I personally would like to see if I can change it out myself because I feel like I'll get the run around w/ the dealer since it's hard to produce. I happen to have a 15% grade driveway where I hear it. If I didn't have that steep of a driveway, chances are I wouldn't have really noticed it.

grifocx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I think you are referring to the torque rod. Also, squeak seems like a different symptom than I had.

ouch! that happened to my 16 civic, damn those dump trucks. which mount was this? because I already have a aftermarket hasport mount 62a. and I still have this annoying squeak when turning left, at low speeds.
Sponsored