SkittleSi

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 1999 Honda Accord V6
Country flag
Hey everyone, I have a 2019 Honda Civic Si with about 4K miles. I’ve recently noticed that when turning the steering wheel to the left and to the far right I get a noise coming from the front almost sounds like from the front wheel. I’ve read every possible thread with similar problem but the sound doesn’t quite sound like mine. I’ve looked under the car and checked the ball joints and struts and nothing seems loose or worn. Talked with the Honda mechanics and said they would charge 200 and would take 2-3 hours to diagnose the problem. I will link a video of the clunk noise. The sound also happens when backing out and hitting the curb outside my house and when slowing pulling forward. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Link to video:
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Sounds like top hat bearing of the strut.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is crap service from a dealer, especially if you bought the car from them. Go to another dealer.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The issue is a warranty item (3 - 36) unless it's caused by something you did or by an accident.

OP
OP
SkittleSi

SkittleSi

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds like top hat bearing of the strut.
Interesting I’ll check that when I can. I’m hoping it’s not the steering rack after watching some videos.

OP
OP
SkittleSi

SkittleSi

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The issue is a warranty item (3 - 36) unless it's caused by something you did or by an accident.
Yeah I’m definitely going to call again and discuss the warranty with them. I barely got the car and with everything going on I barely even touch the car to go outside. Only started recently when I was accelerating from a four way stop.

Dspringett

First Name
Daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
Hey everyone, I have a 2019 Honda Civic Si with about 4K miles. I’ve recently noticed that when turning the steering wheel to the left and to the far right I get a noise coming from the front almost sounds like from the front wheel. I’ve read every possible thread with similar problem but the sound doesn’t quite sound like mine. I’ve looked under the car and checked the ball joints and struts and nothing seems loose or worn. Talked with the Honda mechanics and said they would charge 200 and would take 2-3 hours to diagnose the problem. I will link a video of the clunk noise. The sound also happens when backing out and hitting the curb outside my house and when slowing pulling forward. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Link to video:
Yeah I’m definitely going to call again and discuss the warranty with them. I barely got the car and with everything going on I barely even touch the car to go outside. Only started recently when I was accelerating from a four way stop.
did you figure this out?

jun

First Name
Jun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport 6mt

Link to video:
I had the exact same issue as you. Did you find out what cause the sound?

Shanem22

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic coupe 10th gen
Country flag
Has anyone figured out this noise? I have the same exact noise the Honda dealer thinks it may be the steering rack but the noise comes and goes I feel like it’s not but idk

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
I associate a simular sound with the lsd. To me happens very infrequently and only at slow speed with the steering locked left or right.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Has anyone figured out this noise? I have the same exact noise the Honda dealer thinks it may be the steering rack but the noise comes and goes I feel like it’s not but idk
I had a similar issue recently, similar sound to the OP. For me it was a worn front strut bearing on the driver’s side.

Its part number 51726-TBA-A01, I replaced both fronts at the same time so I don't have to worry about the other one wearing out eventually.