turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
Before I take my car back to the dealer next week to see what they can tell me, I figured I would ask here first to see if anyone has had or knows what the issue is. Of course it doesnt do it all the time, but when it pops, I cant really tell if its coming from the front tire, transmission area, or if it inside the car in the peddle, steering wheel area. It does it when Im starting from a stop, releasing the clutch, or if Im turning the car left or right and coming off the clutch at the same time. Ive only got on it maybe 4 times, if that and its basically stock except the PRL intake.
Sponsored

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Before I take my car back to the dealer next week to see what they can tell me, I figured I would ask here first to see if anyone has had or knows what the issue is. Of course it doesnt do it all the time, but when it pops, I cant really tell if its coming from the front tire, transmission area, or if it inside the car in the peddle, steering wheel area. It does it when Im starting from a stop, releasing the clutch, or if Im turning the car left or right and coming off the clutch at the same time. Ive only got on it maybe 4 times, if that and its basically stock except the PRL intake.
I get a thunking sound and it feels like something is loose under the drivers side or in the engine bay. It happens EVERYTIME I step on or let off the clutch pedal in 1st, 2nd or reverse . It might happen in the other gears but i'd moving too fast to hear it.

This may just be normal for this car but none of the other dozen or so manual cars i've driven over the years have ever made a clunking noise or felt like something was physically shifting around under the car when I press or release the clutch pedal.

Last edited:

blackfc1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a very common issue, but I have not seen a solution yet. Mine did this since day 1, very annoying.

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I don't notice it as much, but also i stopped worrying about it. I may not hear it cuz i don't really care anymore.

I'll have to listen for it again.

ITGRAD

Love my Civic!!!
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2015 Lexus CT200h
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This has been happening to me over the last few months. Took it into a mechanic and they said it was not the axle or CV joint but it may be the strut assembly. Gotta drop it off at Honda to see if they can tell me what it is. It pops when turning, coming to a stop and when accelerating. I do not always hear it but I do listen to my music pretty loud after adding a sub.

SirSalley23

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
This has been happening to me over the last few months. Took it into a mechanic and they said it was not the axle or CV joint but it may be the strut assembly. Gotta drop it off at Honda to see if they can tell me what it is. It pops when turning, coming to a stop and when accelerating. I do not always hear it but I do listen to my music pretty loud after adding a sub.
I had popping sounds with my 14 focus se. With that car it was when I was turning the wheel in parking lot situations. It turned out to be a damaged wheel bearing in the front end. Wound up bring covered because car was under warranty and was one of the many common major issues with that gen of the focus.

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
Had it on my older Honda, was the strut tower brace being misaligned. He showed me when turning the spring would turn then pop back. Felt it thru the pedals big time.
Sponsored