Russgolfs

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1941 Chevrolet, 2017 Camaro ZL1
Country flag
Sucks that's it's happening on the CTR as well... That to me point to some other weird clearance we maybe aren't thinking of... The brakes on yours are different than on mine, but I don't know if Si brakes are the same as the other trims?
I have an 2017 Si also, haven't heard of the issue on the CTR yet. My CTR does have the A pillar rattles like the Si.
Sponsored

r_35800

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 CTR
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys. 2018 Si, stock everything. For about the past two weeks I've been getting a rubbing and subsequent squealing noise from the front left wheel, but only when I turn left. I took it to the dealership and they heard the noise themselves but are unable to find the issue. Any ideas?
Started happening to me after a car wash today.

Will be letting it sit for the week and see if still present, assuming it's water. Otherwise, I'll be taking the wheels off for an inspection along with an oil change.

Thomasmith01

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys. 2018 Si, stock everything. For about the past two weeks I've been getting a rubbing and subsequent squealing noise from the front left wheel, but only when I turn left. I took it to the dealership and they heard the noise themselves but are unable to find the issue. Any ideas?
yah I had the exact same problem, 3 times. And my buddy got it back to back to back. They said it was the "brake retainer."

FiveFingerCNTpunch

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 type R - 2020 civic si
Country flag
If anyone has a recording of this squeaking / squealing sound, my type r made this random high pitched squealing noise coming from the right side of the car, I could hear it loud from my passenger side window for about 30 seconds and went away. It’s a really humid morning (87% percent) to be exact . So I’m wondering if that’s why. But it seems to be a small squeak when I was turning my wheel to the right, about 10 minutes after I heard the random short squealing sound. Anyone else have something similar happen ? I’ll try to record the sound if I hear it again

Yamauba

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes my Si just started doing it. Only when turning left sounds like a rubbing squeaking coming from under the car. Also looking for a diagnosis!
Sponsored