burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I installed some fortune auto coilovers last weekend. Everything went well except some knocking noises. I already pinned that out to be the front end links. I tightened them up and didn’t hear the noise. This coming week I have been getting now a sort of tapping noise which I was hoping isn’t the axel but I checked the axel boots all seemed fine except the passenger side. It had a little grease under it that I can spot on the chassis like it splattered there. That may have been me when because I accidentally popped out the axel when doing the install but popped it back into place. So I cleaned up that area and hopefully that’s fine. So back the front driver side wheel area when I’m getting the noise I have no clue what it could be. I have a link to my YouTube channel that shows a video on the noise. It’s like a loud tapping sound. I just checked under the car again and didn’t see anything that looked loose or weird. Saturday I’m gonna take everything apart and see maybe what it could be. You guys have any suggestions what you think it is ?
Also does anyone know the torque specs for front suspension bolts ? Front end links ? I’d appreciate it

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Driver Wheel Noise 7B6E5786-6694-4399-9142-F98EBA4E0C54

(passenger side axel towards engine. But his side has no noise at all.)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ended up being the front end link. They weren’t adjusted properly. I took the entire end link out and matched the threadings on both sides evenly. As you can see in the picture the bottom was longer then the top. So I did that and tightened everything to spec and no more noise car actually feels a lot better steering wise.
Honda Civic 10th gen Front Driver Wheel Noise DE12BFC1-6126-490D-9A93-B179B6F32A33

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Man, that’s almost the same noise that I have, like a ticking noise when I accelerate. At first I thought it was the brakes so I replaced everything (was already due) but the noise is still there.

I remember my personal mechanic kinda tried to move the driver side endlinks and he said it was moving but he did not suspect that it is the cause. Dealership said it might be a cv axle joint to which all of my boots are still intact.

I just had an episode of which I hit a small hole when I was traveling at the NJ turnpike that resulted to a blown tire on my driver’s side. After that, the noise was just there. Thanks to your post, I might as well have mine tightened up and save me money. ?

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Man, that’s almost the same noise that I have, like a ticking noise when I accelerate. At first I thought it was the brakes so I replaced everything (was already due) but the noise is still there.

I remember my personal mechanic kinda tried to move the driver side endlinks and he said it was moving but he did not suspect that it is the cause. Dealership said it might be a cv axle joint to which all of my boots are still intact.

I just had an episode of which I hit a small hole when I was traveling at the NJ turnpike that resulted to a blown tire on my driver’s side. After that, the noise was just there. Thanks to your post, I might as well have mine tightened up and save me money. ?
Sucks when you gotta go through hell to figure it out lol. I curbed my work wheel as well trying to figure it out and eliminate other options. I thought maybe the front end link was hitting something but there was some room there as you seen in the picture. So a friend of mine told me the end link isn’t even adjusted properly and most likely the the nut on the end link top or bottom wasn’t tighten properly resulting in that! I thought it was the axel as well but I ended finding some grease on the passenger side but I figured that’s from when I popped it out by accident installing the coilovers.

MaoFC3

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

Broooo i have the same shit and i thought there was a pebble stuck, did you figure out what it was??

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Broooo i have the same shit and i thought there was a pebble stuck, did you figure out what it was??
When the stock pads and discs were still on my car, me and my mechanic tried everything to remove the debris and even the rust on the rotors but that didn’t work. LOL! Now I can tell my mechanic to do my end links cause he said it’s moving a bit.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update on the noise. Brought my car to my friend’s mechanic. He told me that the front sway bar links needs to be replaced together with the outer tie rods. He is suspecting that those are the culprit for the noise.

Ordered OEM tie rods and Whiteline front end links.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Happened again, seem to get loose again and the noise came back! I used a vice grip this time and 14mm wrench to tighten this thing back up!
Honda Civic 10th gen Front Driver Wheel Noise FC0DE392-83D9-4FF9-8606-E18DDA1241D7
Sponsored