Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Are updates?

This sound is very annoying!!
Just took my car in for the first oil change and the service advisor said there isn’t a recall or a fix yet. He Said there’s nothing they can do right now I agree, the sound drives me nuts!
Sponsored

grifocx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Sounds like the same issue I heard with my new car. Annoying. What exactly did they do at the shop?

Are updates?

This sound is very annoying!!
I just took my car back to the dealer and drove with the tech. He told me he has had 3 cars in the last few weeks come in with the same problem. He said it is definitely the bakes, stating a flaw in the design. He said that there is no fix yet, but Honda is aware of it and fix should be coming out, he just doesn’t know when. Most importantly he said it’s not a safety issue, it’s just more annoying. I am going to complain to Honda about this and anyone having this problem should as well so we get a fix ASAP

3FB2619A-3D58-4F9A-B441-815295F4B11A.jpeg

OP
OP
BWSI

BWSI

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Sounds like the same issue I heard with my new car. Annoying. What exactly did they do at the shop?
They offered to try to fix it themselves by trying to fabricate something. Obviously I told them don’t bother, and I would wait for an approved solution from Honda. I think I will need to complain higher up the chain of command because this is really annoying.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I've actually had the same issue for the last 6 months or so. Has anybody heard an update from the dealer? My local one is just giving me the runaround

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Had something similar and they noticed that the rubber spring cushion in the front driver side wasn't properly lubed from factory. Once lubed, the clunking went away.

Spacesloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Had something similar and they noticed that the rubber spring cushion in the front driver side wasn't properly lubed from factory. Once lubed, the clunking went away.
Do you happen to have further details as to what exactly they lubed? My si has been having an occasional clunk in the front end over slight bumps at low speed.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Do you happen to have further details as to what exactly they lubed? My si has been having an occasional clunk in the front end over slight bumps at low speed.
A receipt of the repair. Sound went away instantly and has not returned.

Honda Civic 10th gen Clunking noise front driver side wheel well 20180616_191526

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag

20180616_191526.jpg
I have this issue and I get the feeling the dealer will send me away a few times as well. I might try to see what I can do as a DIY, but I'd rather have the dealer fix it first time

blackfc1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have this issue and I get the feeling the dealer will send me away a few times as well. I might try to see what I can do as a DIY, but I'd rather have the dealer fix it first time
Let me us know if you come up with anything. I've had this issue since the day I bought the car and would prefer not to take it in since I've already done some mods to the engine.

OP
OP
BWSI

BWSI

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag

20180616_191526.jpg
The dealer did this same thing on my second trip to the dealer. My car started making the sound again on the way home. If everyone complains enough about this, we should get a fix. Tell your service advisor to look up in the system if anyone else has had the problem and they would see a bulletin that many dealers are having this same problem come in.

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour
One day, I ran over a large pothole and I had the same clunking sound on the front right that drove me crazy for a couple of days. Then, with my fist, I hit on the right tire's sidewall all around and heard the rattle. Did the other side and no noise. I figured it had something to do with either the right side's linkage, brakes, or loose wheel. Turns out, it was the shield that was hitting the back of the rotor. I simply bent it out a little, noise gone. Check it out.

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
have you guys felt something in your peddle like a small feeling like if you had a nail in your tire type... barely noticeable but something there?

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
have you guys felt something in your peddle like a small feeling like if you had a nail in your tire type... barely noticeable but something there?
I just get a noise over certain types of road bumps, obviously with speed its harder to hear. I routinely check tires, oil, etc as part of being a conscientious owner, no issues with tires, absolutely something wrong in the suspension

grifocx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I also have this issue, and don't want to burn a bunch of time with a dealer if it isn't an issue that has been nailed down. What is a "rubber spring cushion" anyway? I am super happy and capable of lubing it at home if I know what it is!

Given the volume of people having the same issue, I hope it does become a TSB. I wonder if it is only certain year or a time period? Mine is a 18, sedan.

grifocx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Ahh so we are talking about 11/15 below. Interesting that it seems to only happen on the right side. I don't know how this could effectively be greased without a spring compressor and removing the assembly to get at it properly. That being said, maybe this is enough info to take to the dealer and get them to try and solve.

Edit: it actually only happens to me on the LEFT side (driver's side).

Honda Civic 10th gen Clunking noise front driver side wheel well 3214631
Sponsored

Last edited: