Thinking about purchasing a 2018 Si - Need input

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm new to the Si scene. Have dealers tried to markup the previous generations of the Si as well? I don't believe Honda is limiting the production of this vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SpraykwoN

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Si should be msrp out the door at least . You must be talking to a wrong sales person .
The salesman I spoke to over the phone told me there was no markup. I wanted to meet with him this past weekend but he was off. Got down there and spoke to a different salesman and as I go to sit down in the car for the test drive he told me there was a $5K markup on them because they were limited production lol. Not playing games with those dipshits.

EDIT: Galpin just called me and basically had no idea what to say when I called them out on their markups and bullshit. Hilarious conversation.

Last edited:

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I'm new to the Si scene. Have dealers tried to markup the previous generations of the Si as well? I don't believe Honda is limiting the production of this vehicle.
The old ones were limited production vehicles and got marked up because of it. For example, when I bought my 2007 SI, I had two to choose from in a 50+ mile radius. When I bought my 2018 SI, the dealership I bought from had three of them on the lot and the surrounding dealerships had another 30+.

OP
OP
SpraykwoN

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The old ones were limited production vehicles and got marked up because of it. For example, when I bought my 2007 SI, I had two to choose from in a 50+ mile radius. When I bought my 2018 SI, the dealership I bought from had three of them on the lot and the surrounding dealerships had another 30+.
Makes sense. The Type R took over that spot the Si originally held. If anything, the Si is basically another EX trim level now lol.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Makes sense. The Type R took over that spot the Si originally held. If anything, the Si is basically another EX trim level now lol.
The Si is substantially different than the EX. I think the only big change from prior gens is that it has an enhanced engine and not a completely different one like it used too.

I never really looked at prior gen Si's as being limited any more than the current one is. I never had problems finding one.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I never really looked at prior gen Si's as being limited any more than the current one is. I never had problems finding one.
New? Or do you mean used after they had been producing them years.

Just going by the 75+ new ones currently listed for sale in my 50 mile radius and how often I see them, I have trouble believing they haven't upped the production considerably.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
The entire state of Michigan barely has any new SI sedans. I'd have to drive 6-7 hours to Chicago for a decent selection and color I'd want.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
New? Or do you mean used after they had been producing them years.

Just going by the 75+ new ones currently listed for sale in my 50 mile radius and how often I see them, I have trouble believing they haven't upped the production considerably.
Now, do another search and tell us how many non-Si Civics there are within a 50-miles radius compared to Civic Si's.

That's what I thought. :)

There are currently 35,361 Civics listed nationwide on Cars.com. There are currently 1,898 Civic Si's listed nationwide on Cars.com. There are about 1,000 Honda dealers. That's about 35 regular Civics for every 2 Si's at each dealer on average.

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
The salesman I spoke to over the phone told me there was no markup. I wanted to meet with him this past weekend but he was off. Got down there and spoke to a different salesman and as I go to sit down in the car for the test drive he told me there was a $5K markup on them because they were limited production lol. Not playing games with those dipshits.

EDIT: Galpin just called me and basically had no idea what to say when I called them out on their markups and bullshit. Hilarious conversation.
There are plenty down in Orange County available with no options. West Covina, Corona, and Temecula quoted $2,500 off msp and I've asked other dealers to match.

OP
OP
SpraykwoN

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There are plenty down in Orange County available with no options. West Covina, Corona, and Temecula quoted $2,500 off msp and I've asked other dealers to match.
Yea but even at $800K you don't need to put down $100K lol

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
Honestly, this generation SI is a parts bin special. The engine is from the standard Civic turbo model. The SI does have a slightly larger turbo, LSD, and adaptive suspension. However, the SI suspension can be option out to other Civic models.

I would get the Type R if you can.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Honestly, this generation SI is a parts bin special. The engine is from the standard Civic turbo model. The SI does have a slightly larger turbo, LSD, and adaptive suspension. However, the SI suspension can be option out to other Civic models.

Nobody is deciding between these two models. It’s an $11,000+ price difference. That’s half the cost of the Si

Personally if I was going to spend that much money as a Honda fan I would get an AWD Ridgeline

Last edited:

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag

True, but pretty much all Si's are parts bin specials.

I personally recommend getting the NSX if you can. Honda needs all the help it can get to move em.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Got the metallic coupe at Honda World ( Huntington Beach ) on last Sat. at $24.5K OTD ( 8.75% tax and I live in Temec. ). I didn't really bargain the price, but I think they would go for $24k OTD if I hard ball a bit. Good luck man
Sponsored