Thinking about selling

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
To the OP in the Raleigh area(zip 27611) the private party value of your Si w/40K is about $18,800 but can be as much as $19,600 if it's in really great shape. Honestly I'd think about keeping it a couple more years I just think 4 years is the sweet spot as far as value is considered. Good luck my friend.
https://tinyurl.com/snfyynr
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Yeah, off-topic again. If you look at the TCR class, the Veloster N routinely beats the Type R on some events but loses to it on faster circuits. I know, those cars are totally different from street cars but the foundation is there. The Si, on the other hand, is fantastic in any race.

https://www.tcamerica.us/results?filter_season_id=1&filter_meeting_id=0&filter_race_id=132

Back to regular schedule.
CTR is still the way superior car, I would buy the Veloster more due to its lower price and close performance. It's still behind the CTR in most aspects, but catching up

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
Sounds like a perfect car for me. Don’t care for interior, just give me responsive engine, high redline, good handling, loudish exhaust, and reliability. Need to watch some videos to see how it likes to rev. Buying used will be perfect for this car.

Back on topic, Carvana doesn’t offer top dollars if they already have too many of the same model in their inventory (CTR in SoCal for example. Lol. )
I think you bought the wrong car.. Should've got the s2000 instead of an Si. Or maybe 8th gen, they rev out to 8k but at the same time no torque. But it isn't about torque when you can hear vtec kick in

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I think you bought the wrong car.. Should've got the s2000 instead of an Si. Or maybe 8th gen, they rev out to 8k but at the same time no torque. But it isn't about torque when you can hear vtec kick in
He has a CTR, not an Si

OP
OP

bray815

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic si
Country flag
To the OP in the Raleigh area(zip 27611) the private party value of your Si w/40K is about $18,800 but can be as much as $19,600 if it's in really great shape. Honestly I'd think about keeping it a couple more years I just think 4 years is the sweet spot as far as value is considered. Good luck my friend.
https://tinyurl.com/snfyynr
I’m pretty sure I’m going to keep it. I thought about selling it and getting a type r but after the test drive I couldn’t justify the price difference. I wasnt going to track the type r so for a road car the si will do for now

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m pretty sure I’m going to keep it. I thought about selling it and getting a type r but after the test drive I couldn’t justify the price difference. I wasnt going to track the type r so for a road car the si will do for now
Wise decision. :thumbsup:

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I drove my friends Type R it was fine but definitely not earth shaking, such a boy racer it's not even funny. I wasn't a huge fan of the Tesla Model 3 but recently they came out with a performance edition. Some youtube reviews have it going up against some of the best sports cars in the world and out performing them in almost every way. With $4 gas coming around the corner I'm finally a believer.

OP
OP

bray815

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic si
Country flag
I drove my friends Type R it was fine but definitely not earth shaking, such a boy racer it's not even funny. I wasn't a huge fan of the Tesla Model 3 but recently they came out with a performance edition. Some youtube reviews have it going up against some of the best sports cars in the world and out performing them in almost every way. With $4 gas coming around the corner I'm finally a believer.
Let me know how that is. My wife wants me to get a Tesla. I’ve never drove an electric car so I don’t even know what to expect

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Let me know how that is. My wife wants me to get a Tesla. I’ve never drove an electric car so I don’t even know what to expect
I'll first say it costs about $350 to drive your Tesla for a year but about $1,500 in gas to drive a Civic.

BrashSi

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan in Aegean Blue, 2012 Ridgeline EX-L, 2018 Civic Si Sedan in Aegean Blue(sold), 2004 S2000 NFR (sold),
Country flag
One thing about those interested in selling to Carvana is to hold out if you're not in a rush. Set up the offer, then let it expire. Renew the offer again and its generally a few hundred higher than the first one. I did this a few times for my Si (just to see what it'd be worth if I wanted to sell it) and from first offer to third offer, they came up like $400. Not much, but it's something.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I understand the OP's situation but selling is one thing and finding a worthy replacement is another.

Personally I'm waiting for a car that is worth selling the SI for. Hoping Honda rushes and makes a new Civic for 21 model year.
Sponsored