Am I the only one thinking about keeping my Si stock?

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Coming from a much faster car I felt the SI needed at least a tune and right now I'm only running the Ktuner 23PSI map and the car drives so much better. It's alive now.
Sponsored

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Coming from a much faster car I felt the SI needed at least a tune and right now I'm only running the Ktuner 23PSI map and the car drives so much better. It's alive now.
I can dig your vibe with your tuned SI. Would you mind if possible though tell me how you feel the torque curve and hp curve now in your car? For me it's weird because I can be focusing on the push in my back and be quite happy from 2-3k alone. Other times if feeling impatient, I have to rev it to at least 3k-5k to feel the turbo kick in. I have no tune.

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I can dig your vibe with your tuned SI. Would you mind if possible though tell me how you feel the torque curve and hp curve now in your car? For me it's weird because I can be focusing on the push in my back and be quite happy from 2-3k alone. Other times if feeling impatient, I have to rev it to at least 3k-5k to feel the turbo kick in. I have no tune.
After the 19/23PSI Flash the torque curve feels amazing. Throttle response is much better and the car pulls much harder from 2500-5.5k then it feels like it's falling flat again. Comparing the car now to the base tune it is night and day. I am happy most of the rev hang is gone and that the car feels more like a rocket when getting on the pedal at cruising speeds.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
30% Ceramic Tint
Smoked Side Marker Lights (LED)
LED Low Beams
LED HIgh Beams
LED Fogs
LED Blinkers
LED Flashing Brake Lights
LED Turn Signals
Faux Carbon Steering Wheel accents
Stainless Steel Dead pedal
Chrome Delete
Domo (with a turbo) decal
Nice dude, what'd you use for the chrome delete?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
After the 19/23PSI Flash the torque curve feels amazing. Throttle response is much better and the car pulls much harder from 2500-5.5k then it feels like it's falling flat again. Comparing the car now to the base tune it is night and day. I am happy most of the rev hang is gone and that the car feels more like a rocket when getting on the pedal at cruising speeds.
The TSP Stage 1 will transform your driveability once again. While there's a bit softer of a feel at low speed compared to the base KTuner tunes, it has a much more potent top end feel when you put your foot in it. It doesn't fizzle out after 5,000 rpm.

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
The TSP Stage 1 will transform your driveability once again. While there's a bit softer of a feel at low speed compared to the base KTuner tunes, it has a much more potent top end feel when you put your foot in it. It doesn't fizzle out after 5,000 rpm.
Thank, I can't wait. I am currently on Ktuner beta map for the 2020 and the TSP will follow once Ktuner has the final map created.
I love how light this car is as well.

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
It depend on your expectations, your needs.
If 180 whp and 200 wtq are satisfactory for you, it's OK
This way, you don't get in trouble and you keep your warranty.
When I received my SI in june 2017, I was disappointed,
I expected more power, so, I decided to modify it.
This must be done without exaggeration to respect the
ability of the internal parts to withstand the additional stress.
It is a small engine, don't ask too much or it'll blow.
In my opinion,220 to 240 whp and 280 wtq are acceptable
values, unless you beat him all the time.
But don't forget that you will have to change the clutch and
that' s the problem because, for the moment, there is
nothing interesting.
To modify or not, it's your choice and it is correct !

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I still think a responsible user could get by on a TSP Stage 1 tune and the stock clutch. You'll have to give up anything that shocks the drivetrain such as NLS or WOT in the lower gears. But it's possible to have a fun and reliable commuter that can realistically withstand the daily grind for 150K+.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I still think a responsible user could get by on a TSP Stage 1 tune and the stock clutch. You'll have to give up anything that shocks the drivetrain such as NLS or WOT in the lower gears. But it's possible to have a fun and reliable commuter that can realistically withstand the daily grind for 150K+.

Yerp - can verify. I put just shy of 100 miles on my car every workday. Stock clutch is fine, as are the tires and brakes. 32k+ miles.

RogerRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I'm thinking about keeping my 2020 Si Sedan "White Lightening" completely stock. I may do a drop in K&N air filter. Anyone else?

My last 2 Si's (2010 Coupe (2.0L) and 2015 Sedan (2.4L) had a down pipe and a tune by VitViper, but this turbo makes much more torque than either of these and is quick enough for me.

As for the 6% final drive shortening, I think this really helps to stay in 2nd gear in stop and go traffic without having to dip into 1st gear.

Just my thoughts.

EdwarDallas

Prelude2CivicX

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 6 Speed M/T, 2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport, 1997 Lexus SC300
Country flag
Im keeping mine stock until I pay it off in 3 more years. First upgrade will be some quality coilovers and catback exhaust then maybe some wheels and tires.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
For me the SI is quick enough in stock form. I only did thr few performance mods in this order: AEM Drop in filter, Cusco Strut Tower Brace, and Thermal R&D Exhaust.

The rest have been comestic mods.

My SI is my daily drive and paid off. I try to keep my cars long as possible. Also focusing on my portfolio as I'm getting older and money for my son's college fund:)

SDzx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
Im keeping mine stock until I pay it off in 3 more years. First upgrade will be some quality coilovers and catback exhaust then maybe some wheels and tires.
I’m with you!! I have somethings I want to do, but I plan to pay it off first, then mod.
Sponsored